‹ Prequel: Wonderwall

Hollywould Fix

Forever

I wasn't sure there was anything I could do to comfort Peter or if he would even want me to. I watched all of our friends pull off before resigning to my own room. I'd had a long day and was now emotionally drained. I had been feeling that way a lot lately but I was also relieved that my secret was out. Then again I had a whole new set of problems like how I would get Ashlee caught. Would Peter and I even be together again after I did or would he hate me? What would happen now that Angel knew the truth?

I desperately needed to turn off my brain. I stripped off my clothes and headed into the bathroom turning on the shower spray and stepping in. By the time I finished my shower the whole bathroom was full of steam and I felt relaxed. I wrapped a towel around me and walked out. I was surprised to find Pete laying across my bed when I did. "Can I sleep with you tonight," he asked plaintively.

How could say no? I went to my dresser to pull out a silk nightie aware of his eyes following my movements. I took a bottle of lotion off of the dresser and after pulling the slip over my head sat on the edge of my bed to lotion up. I had done my legs and feet when I felt his hands gently push my curly hair to one side of my head over my shoulder. He took the lotion and slathered it on his heads gliding them across my back partly massaging as they went. Then he did my arms letting his fingers linger on every inch of skin. "Thank you," I said quietly.

"You're welcome," he whispered back.

We slid simultaneously under the covers and Pete turned off the lamp on his side of the bed. He put his arm around my waist then slowly slid it up the side of my body to my face. His hand gently on my cheek pulled my face closer to his and kissed me. I melted into the heat of his mouth letting myself be temporary sucked in. Then I pulled away. He tried to bring me back but I dodged out of his grasp. "We can't do this...not yet," I added.

He huffed in frustration and then threw his his head back on his pillow catching it in his hand. "Why do you always have to be so responsible." I couldn't tell if he was joking or genuinely frustrated because his voice was gruff but there was a hint of a smirk on his lips.

"One of us has to be."

The smirk spread into a smile and he turned back to face me. "Can I just hold you then?" I smiled and nodded scooching closer to him and laying across his chest which felt so familiar. I could spend forever in his arms.