‹ Prequel: Wonderwall

Hollywould Fix

Things Don't Always Go According to Plan

When I pulled up I was surprised to find Ashlee's car still in the driveway. Maybe she was going to just stay the night in the guest bedroom or maybe she was packing her things. I exited the car and cautiously opened the front door. I was surprised to see Pete sitting on the steps waiting for me and he looked grim.

"Pete what's..."

"Shhh." He put his finger up to his lips. He took me upstairs and led me to my room closing the door behind us.

"What's going on? Where's Ashlee?"

"She's in my room asleep."

"What? Why is she still here?"

"Reina will you please just let me talk," he yelled. I closed my mouth, looking away from him. "I'm sorry," he said quickly, "I didn't mean to yell at you I'm just...really frustrated right now."

I grabbed his hand and gave it a squeeze. "Tell me what's wrong." I started to lean in to kiss him but he moved out of my grasp.

"I didn't exactly break up with Ashlee."

"What! Why? I knew this was going to happen. I knew as soon as she came back you were going to remember all of the feelings you have for her and leave me."

"Reina, Rey it's not like that," he pleaded, "She's... she's pregnant."

"Pregnant," I repeated in disbelief.

He nodded. "She found out while she was on tour but she didn't want to tell me over the phone."

I sank on to my bed still in shock.

Pete came and sat next to me. "I'm sorry. I know this is definitely not what we planned but I just couldn't break up with her. Not tonight, not right after she told me the news."

I shook my head battling furiously to keep the tears back. "Of course not I understand."

"I'll tell her tomorrow."

"What?! Peter no you can't do that to her. She's pregnant and probably scared. You have to stay with her. You're a good guy, I know you're going to do the right thing. We may not like it but it's what you have to do."

He nodded. "So where does this leave us?"

"As friends I guess."

"Better off as lovers?" I gave him a look. "Sorry," he shrugged, "I was just trying to lighten the mood."

"I know, I'm just not ready to laugh yet."

"I understand." He looked sad. I could tell that even though he was trying not to show it, he was hurting just as much as I was. "I guess I'll leave you then," he said getting up from the bed.

"Pete wait," I stood up and pulled him in for soft, sweet kiss. "Goodbye."

"But I'm not going anywhere."

"In a way you are, and I just wanted to say goodbye."

He pulled me back in for another kiss. This one was so deep it made my lips tingle and my toes curl. "Goodbye."

I watched him leave closing the door behind him and I suddenly felt like I couldn't breathe. He had promised me that we would be together and everything that I had been waiting for for months had come crashing down in just a few hours. I stripped and went into the bathroom. I sat in the tub letting the shower spray cover my entire body not caring that the water was cold. I felt like if my whole body was covered in water then I could pretend that I wasn't crying over Pete Wentz.
♠ ♠ ♠
So the story's starting to pick up now right? I started righting this back way before Pete and Ashlee announced they were even engaged and she had Bronx I think I subconsciously knew it was going to happen.

So I need some feedback people. What do you think so far? Did you have to go back and reread Wonderwall? What should Reina do now that Pete is not an option?