‹ Prequel: Wonderwall

Hollywould Fix

The Accidental Maid

A few days passed as Pete scrambled around trying to make the house presentable for his mother. It was actually kind of cute watching him dust and clean and scold Hemmy for chewing up the furniture.

"Do you want any help," I asked hesitantly. His mom would be here tomorrow and he was getting frantic.

He stood up from checking under the living room sofa for spare change and blew out a breath as he stretched. Even though I tried not to look I couldn't keep my eyes from wandering to the sliver of toned stomach that showed as his soft, thin t-shirt rose as he stretched his arms into the air. Then just like that he brought them back down and fixed his t-shirt back over his jeans. I looked away feeling the color rise into my cheeks. "Would you mind doing some laundry, I think every item of clothing I own is down there," he asked tiredly.

"Sure."

Laundry isn't my most favorite chore in the world but I knew his mother's visit was important to Pete so I would help however I could. Mrs. Wentz had asked me to take care of her son and that's what I had been trying to do these past few months. I made my way to the basement and was dismayed to find that what Peter had said was true, every stitch of clothing he owned was in the laundry room, in unsorted piles, everywhere. I rolled up my sleeves and got to work. I was moving on to sorting my second pile when Ashlee appeared in the doorway.

"Hey Pete told me you were doing laundry. I have some too." She proceeded to drop a pile of clothes right in the door and started to walk away.

"Excuse me," I said instantly angered. She came back to the doorway. "And what are you doing to help out while Pete runs around in a frenzy?"

She looked taken aback that I would question her. Then she lifted her nose up proudly and squared her shoulders. "I haven't been feeling well," she said forcefully touching her stomach for emphasis, "Pete told me not to lift a finger."

Instead of firing off about a lot of other things Pete had said, particularly about leaving her, I huffed and marched over to the door practically shoving her out of the way to bend down and pick up her clothes.

"Thanks," she cried cheerfully as she left me alone.

She had better hope that I would calm down before getting to her clothes or else one of Pete's red hoodies might "accidently" find it's way in the wash with her whites.
♠ ♠ ♠
Looks like everyone wants an Ipod with their $1000. Raven_k would be responsible and put the rest in the bank after she got hers and Pauliis is more like me can't hold on to a $1000 when it's just begging to be used. I'd most definitely get an Ipad but I want to wait for the 2nd version. I want new decorations for my bedroom too so I would probably do that. It's lame I know