All Jupitas's Men

vomit

They took Judith away. She stopped screaming and hasn't said a word. At all. They paraded her in front of a few guards. They made us watch from the small slits behind chicken wire. Dragging her up and down, legs, arms, breasts...you could see stretchmarks and red flesh and bruises. I tried to pull away but she was too strong. It's not only males who are in charge. Females too. It's strange...I can't quite fathom them. But even with the treatment of us, they don't care, they still laugh. What makes us different from them, anyway?

I finally saw some more of the Others. It's a block of six, this bit. The girl across from me has green fingers, no nails but a long trail of flowers pouring from her fingertips, beyond the chicken wire and the guards. There's two witches and a sylph too. And me. Me...

Throat is burning like hell. Everytime I try and sleep, I see Judith and the guard - I think his name is Ares - slicing open her belly and taking something from inside her. A trophy wife.

And then I throw up. The stench is unbearable - it's like sulphur. I wonder if this is Hell. It might be. How can a place justify itself otherwise? Dead women, witches, demons everywhere like plague. Are we a plague? Maybe I'm just sick. And this is a hallucination.

Something in the water. Something in the...

---

Everyday they check me and laugh. The think my vomiting is a good sign. I don't understand why. But they alternate like electricity and twice and sharp and shocking and vile.

Good Gaia! It fucking stinks in here.

then

A smell? Nah, it's fine in here, sign the form Pallas. No need to send a cleaner in here.

then

That fishy cunt's been throwing up again. Selfish little bitch. She gets treated better than the fucking humans would treat her and she rejects it.

They held me down, once. Pinned, red hot touch and too scared to scream. Clank of a cup against the stonework and squelch. My jaws are forced open and it's tipped down. Acid acid and humiliation.

And they laugh. I try to make them let me go but they don't and laughing and laughing and Aww the pissy-fissy not hungry? Aww diddums.

---
That man came back. Ares. I think, I think they've come for me.

But they don't hurt me. They have a tape measure and it's slipped around my guts. They smile but it's a bad smile. Like a shark smile. Like a crocodile smile.

Hawl, Pallas? Tell that slag Artie that she's getting fatter.

And the smile and Judith haunt my dreams. And everytime I try and remember...I throw up.