Telegraph Avenue Kiss

chapter 15

Mikey walked back into his room a few moments later looking defeated. He had went down there to ask Gerard to come to the Waffle House with us, and something tells me that it didn't go as well as he had planned.

"He's not coming. Frankie, go fix him." he told me, sitting on the bed next to me.

How am I supposed to fix him? I don't even know what I did to break him! If anything, I think he should be trying to fix me after putting me through hell.

"What am I supposed to say?" I asked.

"I don't care, just go fix him." he grumbled. And, of course, defying the will of Mikey is unheard of, so I went downstairs and stood at the door to the basement. I stayed there, staring at it for a minute before actually twisting the knob. I didn't want to go down there and face Gerard now. He's going to act like an asshole, and I will act worse, and we'll end up hating each other. That would completely throw off my daydreams during class of falling in love and running away to New York to form a band.

Yeah, I daydream a lot. I even had the apartment decorated in my mind. Lots of black and posters.

Gerard was laying in his bed being mopey when I saw him. I death-gripped the hand rail and ever so slowly stepped down the stairs. Gerard was watching my difficulty with amusement. He knows I have stair issues. Especially when they lead me to the last place that I wanted to go. Once my feet touched the hard concrete floor, I went to stand in front of Gerard, trying to look as confident as possible.

"Gerard, come eat with us." I stuffed my hands into my pockets and looked him straight in the eye. I let out my breath when I realized air wasn't getting to my lungs.

Don't pass out....don't pass out...for god's sake, Frankie, don't pass out down here again.

"Why? You don't want me there." he growled. I sighed.

"Then why did I risk my life going down those horrid steps just to ask?"

"Because Mikey wants me to go, and you, being the amazing friend you are, just want him to be happy."

How do you think Gerard would react if I just proclaimed my love right then and there? Would he be so shocked that he agreed to come and eat with us?

"Gerard, stop it. You're my friend too, and I want you to go with us, so quit being moody." He groaned and pulled the blankets over his head.

"I think I'll just take a nap." he said.

I sighed and crawled underneath the blankets with him. I know, how tragic, but Gerard had to be dealt with oddly. I put both of my arms round his waist so he had no choice to look at me. He was smirking.

"Well, I see it's easy to get you in bed, I see." he stated. I nodded.

"Yup, I'm a whore, now come on!" I whined, tugging at his arm. He gave a low grunting sound and tried to pull away. So about now is when I put into play my 'magical sexy abilities'.

I rached up and threaded my fingers through his soft hair, pouting to play up my girlish pink lips.

"Please, Gee? Please, please, please?" My voice got lower the closer I got to his ear. Gerard's eyes fluttered closed and he let out a groan. Or was he moaning? I couldn't hear over the pounding of my heart filling my ears.

"Gerard, please?" I whispered. I let my lip ring brush against his ear and felt him shudder. Whether it was because of his fear of needles, or the sensation of metal on his skin, I don't know. But I liked his reaction.

His eyelids parted and he looked up at me with those pretty, lighter than mine but still dark eyes. We laid there just...blinking at each other. There was no kiss or cries of devotion, or any of the cliche stuff that I wanted. Instead, Gerard put his hand flat against my chest and pushed me away a little.

"My, you are quite the sadistic kid, aren't you?" he asked. I sat up and the heartbreak must have been evident on my face, because he quickly pulled me into a hug. I didn't hug back, just sat there numbly. I knew I shouldn't have came down here.

Gerard linked an arm under my legs and stood up, picking me up with him. I gave him a questioning look, but he ignored me and started up the stairs.

"Hey, Mikes, ready to go?" he yelled up the stairs. He was making no move to drop me on the ground, or anywhere for that matter.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We went to the Waffle House to meet Rebecca as her shift ended, and of course she didn't want to eat at the same place that she works. So we went to Burger King. *Frankie is not pleased.*

I was sitting between the two Ways. Gerard had his arm around my shoulders and we were picking off of each other's plates. He had a salad with French dressing and I had one with Thousand Island. Ahh, variety makes the world go round.

My phone started ringing and it was Kali, of course. She said that she'd just called to see what I was doing, so I told her that I was at Burger King.

"I thought you were a vegetarian." she said.

"I am. I'm eating a salad."

"Oh. Okay. Well, since you're busy I'll just talk to you later." Then, she added. "Bye Frank, I love you."

I was so used to talking to my mom on the phone and just saying it back, so it was out of habit that I did.

"Yeah, love you too, bye."

Damn, why'd I have to say it? And Gerard looked like he'd been slapped. Needless to say, the rest of the afternoon was more awkward than I thought possible.