Telegraph Avenue Kiss

chapter 25

Mikey and I were walking to his house after a long day of keeping my girfriend busy so she wouldn't have to think about her dead mother of homicidal father. I was...uh, distraught, to say the least. Thank bob Mikey had enough sense to steer clear of the mall, and give a plausible reason as well. I guess he's just better under pressure than I am.

"You know Frank, you're going to have to do something about this." Mikey said. Grr, thanks, I totally didn't know that...

"Yeah, I will..." I said, not having a clue how I was going to do it. I, of course, needed a way to dump Kali gently so her life doesn't get any more miserable, cause there was no way in Hell I was letting Gerard get away. He was mine.

"Well, Frankie my dear, you'd better hurry up, because if you're still with Kali tomorrow, I'm telling Gee." he warned. I stopped in my tracks and gawked at him. He was going to tell on me? Ah, nice friend he is...Well, no, that's not exactly fair. He was Gerard's brother, and I was being a total chav. I shouldn't even....look at another person as long as I'm with Gerard, because I love the guy for fuck's sake. Of course, he doesn't know that yet, and I'm not going to be a pansy and tell him, but it's still true.

"I...um, don't worry, by tomorrow, this will all be okay. Mikey, I really hate doing this to Gerard. You know I don't want to be with Kali, just with him. But, geez..." I shook my head and resumed walking. I reached out to grab Mikey's hand and we walked like that, swinging our arms between us, until we reached his house.

"Mom's here already. Hmm, odd." Mikey said, pointing to his mom's car in the driveway. I wondered if Gerard was off work yet. Today was his first day, and, being the obsessed fan girl I was, wanted to know how his day went. And don't even ask how that had anything to do with me being a fan girl, it just does. Mikey opened the door and stepped inside.

"Hey, how many people are here?!" he yelled into the empty living room. Mikey's mom appeared in the doorway to the kitchen, a hand on her hip and an annoyed look on her face.

"Gerard and your dad are still at work, Mikey. And you don't have to yell, I was just in the kitchen." she said, waving us off with a flick of her hand. So that's where Gerard gets it...

I was pulled by Mikey up to his room, and he got out his bass. I had completely forgotten about the bass lessons amidst all the drama that had been going down recently. I didn't think I'd really be up to the patience it took to teach Mikey, but as soon as he put my guitar in my lap, I realized I needed this. Playing allowed me to take my mind off of everything and let me create something potentially beautiful. Now, what song do I want to play? Maybe something that will annoy Mikey... I smiled and plucked a few strings randomly before bursting into song.

"Desperate for changing, Starving for truth.." I began.

"Oh, no you don't, you pansy!" Mikey exclaimed. I grinned wider and continued.

"Closer where I started, chasing after you..." I stopped for a moment, heard Mikey's sigh of relief, then went on. "I'm falling even more in love with you, letting go of all I've held on to! I'm standing here until you make me move, I'm hanging by a moment here with you!" I sung loudly. Yeah it's a quiet song, so what? I'm Frank-ifying it.

"Oh, that was lovely, baby." came Gerard's voice from Mikey's doorway. I looked up, and there he was, looking amazing, as always. I blushed and looked down.

"Man, tell me when you're listening so I don't end up singing a girly song next time..." I muttered. He laughed and moved to sit next to me on the bed. He leaned over to kiss my cheek.

"Nope. I think it's cute when you do stuff when you think I'm not looking."

"How often does that happen? Y'know, technically, it's stalking..." I said. Gerard made a 'pft' noise and waved the accusation away in the air. I giggled and buried my head in the crook of his neck. "I wouldn't care if you stalked me anyway." I mumbled.

"Stalking is the creepiest form of flattery. But I am creepy." Gerard said. He waited a few minutes, then huffed. He leaned down to bite gently on my ear. "This is the part where you say 'No, Gee, you're not creepy!' , even if you think I am."

I giggled again. I kissed the closest part of Gerard that I could reach, which in this instance was his neck. Since he was always going on about vampires, and because his skin just looked so beautiful, perfect, and any other enticing word you could think of, I bit down. Probably harder than was required for a 'love bite' or whatever, because Gerard squeaked at the contact. He whipped his head around at me with his eyebrows raised.

"You're a vampire too?" he asked incredulously. I nodded, resisting the urge to bite him again even though I'd already left quite a big mark on him, and another bite might actually hurt him. I ran my hand over the two small indents that looked painful to me.

"Aw, I feel bad now..." I kissed the spot softly. He smiled, twisting his head to catch my lips with his. Mikey made a retching sound in the background, but I ignored it. Ha ha, I'm kissing your brother!

Gerard wrapped his arms around me, allowing me to transition to his lap quickly. I put the guitar off to the side, glad I hadn't decided to play with the strap on.

"Um, you guys know that the door's still open, and Mom could walk by at any moment, right? Or, oh god, Dad could see you and kill both of you!" Mikey said, trying to sound like that was the real reason he wanted us to stop. But we all knew that he just wanted us to stop, even if he did have a valid point. Since I didn't want my beloved Gee to get murdered by his father--ooh, that hits close to Kali's predicament-- I slid out of his lap with sigh. I ran over to the door and shut it, then returned to making out with Gerard.

"Idiot, I mean that you should stop!" Mikey exclaimed. He poked us both until we were fed up and pulled apart.

"I hate you, Michael." Gerard pouted, laying his head on my shoulder. I kissed the top of his head and nodded at Mikey, telling him silently that I agreed. Not that I actually hate him, and neither did Gerard, but it would be nice if he could just accept us a little bit. It'd be lovely if the whole world could accept us the way that we were and we could go out in public, or even down stairs into the living room, and hold hands and cuddle without dirty looks, or worrying about our parents. I envy heterosexual couples. They don't know how lucky they are.