Status: it gets better :)

The Truth Isn't Always Revealed

Jail-like Cell

“MARK!” I screamed at Mark. I ran into the room and Patty stood up. The girl ran behind me and stood there. Then Patty stood up and she looked pretty calm. I was pretty mad and I was about to scream to her when she said, “Guards! Get them,” she grinned. Then out of no where, guards came and surrounded us. They stood in a tight circle. Then 2 of them made way for a man to walk up. Seth, was beaten up badly. He looked just like Mark the day they kidnapped us only Seth was a little worse. The girl ran to him and before I could warn her, someone electrified her and she immediately fell to the floor. Seth yelled her name as hard as he could but she didn’t respond. I would’ve ran to her but the man that electrified her put the stick in front of me.

Then Vandal walked in. He was quite happy because he looked at the “accomplished work” his men did. “Good job men. Throw all three of them in the dungeon. Also, tie them really good so they won’t escape,” he said and started walking out the door. Then he turned around, “ Make sure they’re in separate cells. Together, their strong but separated, they’re weak. Except for her,” he said while pointing at the girl, “tie her good and make sure she doesn’t escape. I’ll deal with her later.” I looked at the girl then I looked at Seth. They’re both in trouble and all because of me. If I didn’t run to Mark, I wouldn’t have ruined their plan and all of us wouldn’t be here right now.

Moments later, we were in our dungeon and this was a lot worse. There were a few skeletons all around and it stunk in here. The girl was still unconscious but the guy was better. I decided to talk to him.

“I’m really sorry, Seth. If it wasn’t for me, you wouldn’t be here,” I said sadly.

“It’s alright. It wasn’t your fault,” he replied.

“Yes it was! If it wasn’t for me running to Mark, you wouldn’t be here. By the way, how did you end up here?”

“You guys were taking a long time so I decided to go look for you. That’s when I found you guys in the room. When I was about to run and get you, this guy came and started beating me up. Then another guy came and another and by the end of 2 minutes, I was all beaten up and my body ached. Then, the last guy that came pulled me to you guys and from there you know the rest,” he said.

“I’m so sorry,” I said sadly as I looked at his bruises. I looked up and leaned my head on the hard wall. I actually liked the other place where I was before better. I kept thinking of negative thoughts. We might die here and Mark is already against me. He’s brainwashed and he won’t ever know what we had. I started crying and Seth looked at me.

“What’s wrong?” he asked.

“I ruined everything. We could’ve been out of here by now,” I said sadly.

“We’ll find a way to get out but it’ll be much harder,” he said while looking at the girl, “She’s our only hope. Water won’t do anything. Only an animal can get us out of here. But look at her. She’s so weak. It’ll take her a long time to recover.”

“I just pray that she’ll be alright,” I said looking away, “What would you do if she, I don’t know how to say this but what would you do if she died?”

“I don’t know. I wouldn’t survive or maybe I will but not for long. I hate to accept it but I believe she’s everything for me.”

“She’ll live. I know she’s strong enough. We just need to wait,” I said with hope. The night came and I was beginning to get sleepy. I looked at the stars a while then I fell into a deep sleep….

I woke up with someone trying to wake me up. It was still night and everyone was asleep except for Seth and I. This man was in front of us and he looked familiar but it was too dark to see more details. He was holding something in his hands and it looked like food.

“Hey, I came to give you guys food. They told us not to feed you for three whole days but believe it or not, I’m on your side,” he told us.

“How do we know you’re telling the truth,” he said fiercely.

“I know you don’t recognize me, Seth, but I was your mom’s friend. I took Sera and you away before your dad can do harm to you guys,” he said sadly.

“Then why are you here? Shouldn’t you be at our school or somewhere else?”

“Paul sent me a long time ago to save Rebecca’s mom but there was no way I could’ve done it. Vandal suspected that I was someone else so he brain washed me to do his evil deeds. The only thing he didn’t now is that I was a minder. I quickly remembered everything but I had to pretend to follow him and do everything he wanted me to do. I was thinking of ways to free Mrs. Rodrigez but nothing was going to work. At last I gave up because I knew that I’ll be stuck here forever. That’s when you guys came. I didn’t recognize you two at first so I went to tell Vandal about you guys. He told me that he expected you two to come and defeat him. That’s when I realized that both of you had elements.”

“How can you prove that you’re a minder?” Seth asked.

“I’ll show you,” he told him. He left and everything went quiet.

Moments passed and Seth jumped up as if he saw something.

“What’s wrong?” I asked him.

“He really is one of us. He just spoke to me. Did you hear anything?” he asked.

“Nope only you breathing like crazy,” I told him. He sat down and not a lot of time passed when we heard someone groan. We looked at each other then we looked at the girl. She began to move and she groaned again.

“She’s waking up,” Seth said. I looked at her then her eyes began to open. She lifted her head but it quickly went back down. “She’s still too weak,” Seth said sadly. “But she’ll live. I know she will.”

“Let’s just hope,” I said….
♠ ♠ ♠
OMG!!! Sorry this took so long... Summer was fun and didn't have time for writing. Hope you like it!