Things Change

Future

“What’s going on with you?” I asked quietly afraid of opening that can of worms right before we got to my parents.

“What are you talking about?” He asked confused.

“You have been changing lately. Always running late and you used to blast your music.” I stated a few of the things I had noticed lately.

“It’s nothing babe. I promise. I have just had a lot of stuff on my mind lately. We can talk about it when we get home if you would like.” Derick said soothingly.

I nodded my head and looked out the window once more. We silently pulled up to the house I had grown up in. I opened my door and waited for Derick. We walked up to the door and knocked or the weathered wooden door.

Once all of the pleasantries were out of the way we all sat down to dinner. The conversation soon turned serious when my dad asked Derick how the season was looking.

“Well it’s been super hectic lately. There is talk about some of us getting traded.” He said.

“Honey why haven’t you said anything about this before now?” I asked shocked. I cleared my throat and took a drink of my wine.

“I didn’t know anything for sure and I didn’t want to worry you.” He said thoughtfully.

“Well I wish you had it explains a lot about your behavior lately.” I stated.

We finished dinner and drove home. It was already starting to feel more like what it used to. Once we were home we walked to the bedroom and we started to get ready for bed.

I was sitting on my vanity stool when I saw Derick come up behind me; he placed his hands on my shoulders.

“I wish you had told me.” I told him looking at him through my mirror.

“I know but I didn’t want you to worry or get mad and leave. I know I have fucked p and I didn’t want that to be the last straw.” He explained.

I stood up and turned around.

“You have fucked up in the past but it didn’t have anything to do with you getting traded. It had everything to do with you getting drunk and not keeping it in your pants.” I said. “I would never leave you because you got traded. I would move with you.”

“You would?” He questioned.

“Of course I would baby.” I smiled.

“Ok, I have a question for you then.” He stated. I looked at him waiting for him to continue. “I love you and I really want you to be able to love me like you did before I cheated. I don’t plan on hurting you ever again. I know I said that after the first time I cheated but I truly mean it baby.”

He pulled out a ring from his pocket and looked back up at me. I was shocked to say the least. I had wanted him to ask me for a while but I figured he wasn’t ready to make this commitment.

“Will you marry me Elizabeth?” He asked with hope dripping in his voice.

I shook my head no and he started to turn away when I stopped him.

“I will marry you on one condition.” I said looking at him seriously. “I want us to go back to the way we were when we first dated. Forgetting everything that has happened between us that is bad. I will forget about your two slips and just go to how our relationship was before. I love you with all of my heart and I can’t imagine spending the rest of my life with anyone but you. Nothing would make me happier than marrying you.”

He slipped the ring onto my finger and cupped my face. He gently places his lips on mine. I smiled into the kiss as he whispered ‘I love you baby’.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hope you enjoy it :)