Status: Active!

You're Sure To Get A Surprise

Journey

After a minor heart attack and almost breaking Caan's arm from grasping it so tightly, he finally manages to calm me down enough so I see the truth. See my reflection.

That's right. I spazzed at my own reflected gold eyes.

I take a couple more deep breaths before our walk continues. Caan holds my hand and every now and then he squeezes it gently.

It's rather a dull day. We walk back and order Chinese food and sit around. Caan just sits quietly and eats.

"Oh geez, this is so ... Boring!" I can't help blurting it out. Caan looks up, forkful of noodles halfway to it's final stop. I look back at him, like I didn't know where the sound had come from.

We both burst out laughing. No reason at all, but it somehow relieved the tension in the air. I was rather glad to have that over with. We finished the food and already the sun had set.

"It is rather dull," Caan said, "But it's better dull that running for our lives."

"You were never in danger, Caan." I can't help but roll my eyes. It was me they were after, from the start. "You were safe, like... the whole time."

He laughs softly. "Running from an army of wolves. Yeah, no danger there."

"Cause you are a wolf.... Aren't you?" I look at him. He just shrugs and tosses me a fortune cookie. I catch it, somehow overcoming my clumsiness that plagued me not too long ago. I crack open the fortune cookie and read it out loud.

""You will cross paths with old friends." Well that's not ominous..." I can't help but chuckle a little at it before tossing it aside. Caan looks up at me. I don't know...

Maybe I should keep that fortune...

~ + ~ + ~

Later, I leave Caan to clean up the remains of the food. I walk out to the mail box and open it up. I pull out the few envelopes and start sifting through them. Bill, junk, spam, bill, letter to me, spam... Wait.

I go back to the innocent enough looking white business sized envelope. It's addressed to me, and the return address is just one line, one word.

Heaven

That's not normal. I flip it over and open it. It's high quality paper, and has a coat of arms at the top of the letter. I start reading.


To whom it may concern,

This is to inform the receiving party of the official cancellation of Guardian Angel eligibility due to breach in terms of agreement.

Captain Lyris G. Tate; 4th Division, has been notified and further continuation of services shall cease. Furthermore, any and all contact with 4th Division Captain shall also cease.

To put forth a complaint, request information, or seek an audience with 4th Division Captain, a representative will be available for a limited amount of time. Location of representative is as follows: ... ...


It goes on to tell me the date, time, and location. I have to read over all of it again. And then a third time. Slowly, my mind bursts forth with hundreds of thoughts, hundreds of ideas, hundreds of questions, all screaming to be heard, to be answered.

I don't know what to think. I finally manage to close the mail box and make my way inside. I walk over to the table and dump the mail. Caan is talking, but his words aren't making it through the fog.

He touches my shoulder and I look up at him. He has the letter in his hand and I assume he's read it. He looks at me and says so calmly, "Seems like we're going on a road trip to New York."
♠ ♠ ♠
Hello!
~LOVE AMBER~
XD

p.s. I'll try to get more chapters out sooner.

p.p.s. Comments are great!