Status: Active!

You're Sure To Get A Surprise

Sleek

The more I think about how long the trip will take, the less I want to go. Caan finally says we'll get airplane tickets. I think he knows more about this than I do. I watch him marching around the house, gather our bags.

"You can't mean that we're leaving tonight...Right?" I sit on our couch, hugging a pillow.

He turns and gives me a look. The get-off-the-couch-and-help-pack look. He tosses the duffle bag at me and marches off to get some other stuff. I let out a heavy sigh and walk to my room.

"Caan," I call out to him. He pokes his head into my room. "How long are we gonna be there?"

"Three days. Maybe. Cmon, Rin. Be a little more excited about a trip to New York." His nonchalant tone rings out as he disappears from the doorway and goes down the hall.

"It's not just a trip to New York," I grumble while I stuff my duffle bag.

~ + ~ + ~ + ~

We get on the plane and, five hours later, we stumble off it, lurching down the hall and dragging ourselves to the exit. Caan grabs my hand and we walk to a car rental station.

"ooo... I think the pretty red one," He exclaims like a child. I scoff under my breath.

"Like you have the money for such a thing," I retort, hoping to send a little sobriety into his bones. He's far to giddy for this whole thing.

"I have money for this trip. Thank you very much." He turns away from me, and I watch him. he gets the pretty red one. I roll my eyes.

We get to the car and slide into the nice, although expendsive, seats. My eyes dart around, then take in long lingering gazes at the lines and curves on the car. I hear a small chuckle. I look over at Caan. His bright eyes dancing with some inner glee.

"What?" My voice sounds shaky and I don't like the lack of confidence.

"You like the pretty red shiny car..." His grin stretches ear to ear as he starts the car. It purrs to life, rolling onto the congested roads, emerging like a jeweled bird into a jungle of iron, steel, and concrete.

I look out the windows, watching people and cabs and people in cabs. Then I spot something strange. Another car, shiny and pretty. It's coal black, it gleams like a raven, cold and dark. I stare at it, its deep tinted windows revealing nothing of its occupants.

It rolls along beside us and then turns onto the opposite street. It isn't till the sleek black sports car is out of sight that I remember exactly where I've seen it before.

With Caan, driving to college, before Lyris disappeared, before the army of wolves, before before...

It was the car that had followed us. Followed me.
♠ ♠ ♠
Heeeyyy!
Two chapters in one month. This is good! I'll try to kick the pace up a notch. :]

~LOVEAMBER~
XD

p.s. comments are like cookies.

p.p.s authors are all cookie monsters.