The Last Fight

Mental Hospital

“Why don’t you tell me how you’re feeling, Emma?” The doctor asked Bristol as we sat in front of him in his office; a family friend had called asking for our help so that is the reason why we all have to get admitted to this hospital, the doctor has already admitted Dean and Sam so now it was Bristol and my turn.

“I’m fine. I mean, okay, a little depressed, I guess. After all my boyfriend did accidently start the apocalypse, but it wasn’t his fault. If Ruby didn’t get him addicted to demon blood, then this wouldn’t have happened” Bristol told him making him quickly write down some notes in Bristol’s file and we both knew we’d be with the guys any minute now.

“Exactly and now we have to trying and stop Lucifer from destroying the world, but it’s hard sometimes. My brothers are way too protective of us, and then things are complicated with Castiel. I love him so much but he’s an angel so really he shouldn’t feel emotions, but he’s starting too” I explained to the doctor who just stared at us for a few minutes; it was actually nice to tell someone about what we do even if it is for a job.

It only took a few minutes before Bristol and I were admitted to the hospital as patients; we were taken to another room where the nurse did the usually check-up which I got to put on a blue robe, pants and brown slippers afterwards which is what all the patients had to wear. Bristol joined me in the hall after her check-up and we headed into the main room; we joined Dean and Sam who were standing there waiting for us.

“I can’t believe I let you guys talk me into this” Dean said once we were all together again and I let my eyes wander around the room; I don’t think I’ve ever been this uncomfortable in a job before because these people needed help and a monster was taking advantage of them.

“Hey, it’s the least we could do. Martin saved Dad’s ass more times than we can count. He’s… he was a great hunter” Sam said to Dean once again as the four of us looked around trying to find Martin who none of us had seen in years; I didn’t understand why Dean was so reluctant to do this job because I’d rather stay busy then start thinking about Ellen and Jo.

“Okay look. Last few weeks, you’ve been worrying us Dean. Yes Ellen and Jo dying was a tragedy and we’ll always miss them, Bailey getting kidnapped was not anyone’s fault. You can’t keep things in Dean” Bristol said to him so we’ve all been trying to get Dean to talk to us; but he’s stubborn and hardly ever talks about his feelings so he wasn’t going to start now.

“Watch me. Oh, there he is” Dean said to us once he had spotted Martin sitting at a table by the window; I let a soft sigh escape my lips as we followed Dean over to the table and I knew he wouldn’t stop beating himself up about everything that has happened lately.

“Sam! Dean! Bailey! Bristol! Wow, you four got big. You look good, thanks for coming. In the old days, I could’ve taken care of this thing with both hands tied behind me back. But, well… now…” Martin trailed off once he saw us and his face lit up in happiness which made me feel better about agreeing to help him; we took a seat at the table before we got down to business.

“What do you think it is that we’re hunting?” I asked Martin softly as I looked at him and I have to admit he was looking good; well as good as you can for being in the loony bin for a few years now but that wasn’t his fault and he was the one who admitted himself.

“I don’t know yet, it could be anything. Hospital’s had five deaths in the last four months, doctors keep calling it suicides but they’re wrong. A couple of patients have had glimpses, but it’s not a lot to go on. But I wouldn’t have called you unless there was something here, I can feel it in my gut” Martin told us but we all believed him even if he wasn’t the same as he was before; but being a hunter can do that do you if you’re not careful.

“Alex? Eddy? Emma? Grace? Well I’m glad to see you’re making friends. Why don’t you and Mr Creasor join up for group? Please, right this way” Dr. Fuller said as he walked up behind us with a smile; we all started to stand up when Dr. Fuller stopped Dean and I saying that we would be in the afternoon group because the four of us seemed dangerously co-dependent.

Later

“A wraith. They crack open skulls and feed on brain juice, you so much as touch a wraith with silver and the skin will crackle. The bad news is they can pass as humans so it could be anyone in here, we need to spot check every patient with a mirror. Lore says a wraith will show it’s true form in a mirror” I said as we looked at a drawing from Martin’s journal of a very ugly creature with straggly hair and lots of sharp teeth.

“And being in a mental hospital is a perfect captive victim pool, who’s going to believe a patient when they say they saw a monster? It’s the perfect hunting ground” Martin said as he closed his journal and we made a plan to get into twos so we can find this monster; I ended up being on my own which I had to fight Dean on but I promised him I would be careful and find him if I found the wraith.

“What are you up to Grace?” Erica, the therapist that I have seen around Dean, walked up to me and stood beside me; I was standing in the hallway looking up at the rounded mirror near the ceiling as I watched everybody walk past.

“Hunting, a wraith actually. Could be anybody” I told her before she asked me if she could be a monster and I said no after I checked the mirror to see she was normal; I kept my eyes focused on the mirror because I didn’t want to get distracted and miss somebody.

“Why do you have to hunt monsters? Why not let someone else do it?” Erica asked as she looked at me and I had to think about my answer for a few seconds; honestly I haven’t really thought about why my family had to be the ones to hunt monsters and risk our lives all the time.

“It’s my job, somebody has to save everyone. I mean it’s the end of the world and if I don’t stop it and save everyone, then no one will and we all die” I told her knowing that it was why I kept hunting and the fact that I couldn’t leave my family at a time like this; even though I was getting tired of this life but I knew I just had to keep going.

“That’s horrible. I mean, apocalypse or no apocalypse, monsters or no monsters… that’s a crushing weight to have on your shoulders. To feel like six billion lives depend on you” Erica said which made me think about my life but that was cut short when Dr. Fuller walked past and said hello to me; I greeted him back but froze when I suddenly saw his reflection in the mirror because I saw a rotted face with long hair with sharp teeth.

After losing Martin for the hunt of Dr Fuller the rest of us had to split up to cover the hospital; I was walking down an empty hallway when I turned the corner and saw Fuller coming so I pressed myself against the wall until he was closer to me. I grabbed him before cutting his arm with the silver scalpel and then I continued to attack him until two orderlies pull me off; I somehow manage to fight them off before I knock Fuller to the floor as I raised the scalpel for the final blow.

“No! No! Look at his arm! That cut’s not burning! It’s not him!” Martin yelled as he grabbed a hold of my arm and pulled me back off Fuller; I dropped the scalpel to the floor when I saw that the cut was bleeding which meant that I was wrong when I saw the wraith as Fuller’s reflection.

“You okay?” Dean asked me after he had picked the lock of the door and walked in with Sam and Bristol behind him; I was in the lock-down room after what I did to Dr Fuller which I totally understood so now I was laying on the bed drugged up.

“No. No, I’m not okay. I… I-I am awesome, they gave me everything Dean” I said smiling at him as he walked over to my side and ran his fingers through my hair while Sam leaned down and placed a soft kiss on my forehead; Bristol rubbed my arm in comfort as I just smiled up at them all.

“You always were a happy drunk” Dean said shaking his head and he laughed softly while I grabbed his arm and pulled him closer to me; I started telling him that Dr Fuller wasn’t the wraith and that I was wrong or seeing things but that I wasn’t crazy.

“You asked to see me?” Dr Fuller asked me as he walked into my room as I was now just sitting on my bed because Bristol and my brothers left to go try and find the wraith; but I was still on time-out so I had to stay inside my room.

“Yeah, thanks. I just wanted to apologize, I feel horrible about what I did to you. After what happened last night, I had a moment of clarity. Um, I realized there’s no such thing as monsters” I said to him softly as I flat out lied to him well I didn’t lie when I apologized to him; just about not believing in monsters.

“Well, I’m glad to hear you say that. But honestly? Monsters are the least of your problems. People can learn to live with delusions, but the anger I saw in you and how you hurt those two grown men. You were angry and focused while I still saw sadness into your eyes, like you wanted nothing more than to be somewhere else” Dr Fuller said to me before he let me go into the day room with supervision; which I couldn’t thank him enough because I needed to get out of this room before I did go crazy.

“Hey Dean, what’s wrong?” I asked my big brother as I walked over to him with an orderly following behind me; I watched my brother stand up from the chair he was sitting at and the glare he gave me caused a shiver to run along my spine.

“The problem is you! It has always been you! I told Dad I didn’t want a daughter, I had Sammy and he was all I wanted! I never wanted you Bailey!” Dean yelled at me in anger as other patients started to close in on me; I felt tears roll down my cheeks from Dean’s words because I’ve never seen him with so much anger towards me.

“Everything is all your fault!” A lady yelled at me while a man shoved me which caused me to start fighting them off; the orderly was quick to run to my side and grab a hold of me as he didn’t see the people I saw, I started getting pulled away from the day room as I started yelling.

Padded Room

“Hey! Let me go!” I yelled as I was tied down to a bed in a padded room when the door opened and the nurse walked in; she was the same nurse that gave us all the check-out when we first arrived here.

“No. You are far too angry to be out there in the real world” She said to me as she walked closer to me when I saw her reflection in the mirror that was on the ceiling; I tried my hardest to move away from her when I saw her real face in the mirror but I couldn’t move at all.

“You! You did this to me” I glared at her before she went on to tell me that she doesn’t make people go crazy; all she does is help crank up what a person already has so all she did was help me doubt myself and the life I have. I jumped a little when I saw a long bone shoot out of her wrist as she sat on the edge of my bed; she smiled at me before she turned my head to the right.

“You get away from her!” Dean said as he suddenly bursts with the open door and stumbled into the room causing the nurse to stand up; I frowned as I struggled against the restraints as she knocks Dean against the wall causing him to drop the scalpel.

She grabbed his neck as the long bone came out of her wrist again and she brought it slowly towards his head as he tried to fight her off; I watched as the bone got longer and I started screaming him name but I stopped when Dean reached up and snaps the bone in half. The nurse screams as blood squirts out letting Dean pick up the scalpel and stab her chest when she lunged at him; I looked at Dean when I felt myself go back to normal as soon as the nurse was dead.

“We have to get out of here” Bristol told us as she stuck her head into the door while Dean quickly took the restraints off me; he helped me off the bed when we heard an alarm go off somewhere in the building which made us all run out of the hospital as fast as we could, we sprinted across the lawn before climbing into the Impala.
♠ ♠ ♠
Bailey's Outfit

Please Comment!