The Last Fight

Like Father, Like Son

Bristol was sitting beside me on the bed in another hotel room and as she read a book to keep herself busy while I was staring at Sam; Dean had caught him with Ruby using his powers that he promised he wouldn’t use anymore but I guess not everyone can keep their promises. Dean then told Bristol and I about it which crushed us both; Dean was pissed off because he felt like he was losing Sam to the dark side, Bristol was hurt because Sam lied to her about using his powers and I was angry at Sam too but most of my anger as at Ruby because I hated what she was doing to my big brother.

“Dean, what are you doing? Are you leaving?” Sam asked Dean when he stormed into the room and went straight to packing his bags; Bristol stopped pretending to read her book as she hadn’t turned a page over since she opened it, I looked up at my oldest brother slightly confused as what he was planning on doing.

“You don’t need us anymore Sam, you have Ruby now so go fight demons” Dean snapped as Sam stood up in front of him blocking the door from Dean; I inhaled deeply when Dean faced Sam and punched him twice, Bristol placed her hand over mine as she knew how it affected me when my brother fought like this.

“Do you even know how far from normal you’ve gone? How far from human? Sure you’re just exorcising demons, but it’s with your mind!” Bristol yelled at Sam as her feelings of anger and hurt bubbled to the surface; she has always been the most level headed of the four of us so when she yelled you took it seriously.

“Look, I should have said something. I’m sorry, I am. But try to see the other side here, I’m pulling demons out of innocent people! We all know that the knife kills the victim. What I do, most of them survive!” Sam tells us as he looked from Bristol to me and then to Dean who has picked up his bag ready to leave; Sam steps slightly closer to Dean to stop him from going anywhere and I prayed that Dean wouldn’t leave, because he’d take Bristol and I with him.

“It’s already gone too far, Sam. If I didn’t know you? I would want to hunt you, and so would other hunters. If it’s so terrific, then why did you lie about it to us? Why did an angel tell me to stop you? Cas told me to stop you. See what that means, Sam? That means that God doesn’t want you doing this” Dean said to his little brother as tears started to fill up in their eyes; the part about Cas telling Dean to stop Sam shocked us all as Dean hadn’t mentioned that to any of us.

“Hello? Hey Travis, yeah it’s good to hear your voice too… look it’s not really a good time right now. Yeah okay, well just give me the details…” I say as I answer my phone when he rang causing my brothers to stop fighting and turn their attention onto me; I could see the realization hit them when they noticed they had fought in front of me which was something they tried not to do, but everyone slips up sometimes.

Later On

We were in Dean’s car driving to Jack Montgomery’s house to talk to him and tell him about what’s happening to him; Travis told us that Jack was a Rugaru just like his father as it ran through some family genes, Travis had killed Jack’s father when he changed into a flesh eating monster but what Travis didn’t know was that Jack’s mother was pregnant with him and now Jack was showing the symptoms of the transformation.

“Alright so we’re gonna go have a little chat with this guy, which you know, but I just want make sure if push comes that you’re going to shove. Because odds are, we’re gonna have to burn this guy alive” Dean tells Sam as they sat in the front of the Impala while Bristol and I were in the back; I rolled my eyes knowing that this would lead to yet another fight between them.

“This guy has a name Dean and a wife, we don’t have to make her a widow. Maybe he can hold back and fight it” Sam tried to tell Dean even though we all knew that Dean wasn’t going to change his mind about this; I looked over at Bristol who was giving me the same look, we were both on Dean’s side with this.

“See this is what I mean, Sam. Are you sure your emotions aren’t getting in the way here? You know nice dude, but he’s got something evil inside him. Something in his blood, maybe you can relate” Dean said carefully as he kept his eyes fixed on the road; I closed my eyes pinching the bridge of my nose as I knew what was coming next, Dean had gone too far this time.

“Stop the car Dean. Stop the car, or I will” Sam said firmly as I could tell what Dean said got to him which was understandable; Dean pulled over to the side of the road and he had barely parked his car before Sam climbed out as his anger boiled up inside him.

“You want know why I’ve been lying to you, Dean? Because of crap like this! The way you talk to me, the way you look at me, like I’m a freak! Or even worse like I’m an idiot, like I don’t know the difference between right and wrong!” Sam yells at Dean once Dean had gotten out to follow his brother; Bristol followed Dean out of the car while I stayed where I was because honestly I didn’t know if I could keep it together this time.

“Do you know the difference, Sam? I mean you’ve been kind of strolling down a dark road lately. Tell us what’s going through your head, you need to let us in Sam” Bristol said looking up at Sam with worry in her dark brown eyes; I was glad that she spoke to Sam this time and not Dean because Bristol stopped any fight that could have happened right there.

“I’ve got demon blood in me! This disease pumping through my veins, and I can’t ever rip it out or scrub it clean! I’m a whole new level of freak! And I’m just trying to take this… curse, and make something good out of it! Because I have to” Sam yelled out at them both as I watched from the car; Bristol lowered her head as Dean thankfully stayed quiet as we knew Sam was right about this and we didn’t know what he was going through.

“Let’s just go talk to the guy, I mean Jack. Okay?” Dean said quietly after a few minutes of silence which was slightly awkward now; the three of them climbed back into the Impala and then we were driving back down the road towards Jack’s house to talk to him again, and hopefully this time we could get through to him this time.

Jack’s House

I was laying on the floor in Jack’s living room unconscious and bleeding from a cut on my head from the fall; Jack jumped Dean and I from behind when we walked into his house and rocked us both unconscious, Dean was laying on top of the coffee table while I was a few feet away from him on the wooden floor with my head pounding.

As I slowly started to wake up I could hear people talking and that’s when I realised that Jack was right beside me; Sam and Bristol’s voices sounded a little muffled so I guess they were trapped in a closet or another room, but knowing Sam he would pick the lock in a few minutes but with me bleeding I wasn’t sure if I had a few minutes.

“I told you to get away from her!” I heard Sam yell much louder than before as my eyes slowly fluttered open; I saw a very different looking Jack lunge at Sam who was standing in front of Bristol very protectively, and before Jack could get anywhere near them Sam had set him on fire with the propane tank.

I crawled over to Dean who was also waking up slowly as I focused my attention on him; I didn’t want to watch Jack be burned alive as his screams were going to haunt me for a while to come now. Sam helped Dean and I stand up once Jack was gone while Bristol found a towel for the cut on my head; she wrapped her arm around me and slowly led me out to the Impala where she grabbed the first aid kit, she cleaned the cut which was small and would heal soon while Dean and Sam collected the propane tanks.

“You did the right thing, you know. That guy was a monster, there was no going back for him. Sam I want to tell you that I’m sorry, I’ve been kind of hard on you lately” Dean told Sam using his soft voice as he drove us out of town which was of course after they both checked Bristol and I over to make sure we weren’t badly hurt; I smiled over at Bristol knowing that they needed this talk but she didn’t seem as happy as I was, she was still hurt by Sam lying to her.

“Don’t worry about it, Dean. Look if it’s all the same, I’d really rather not talk about it. There’s nothing more to say. I can’t keep explaining myself to you, I can’t make you understand. Because this thing, this blood, it’s not in you the way it’s in me. It’s just something I have to deal with” Sam said softly as he kept his eyes focused on the road in front of us; I knew he was hard for him to talk about this just like it was hard for Dean to talk about Hell.

“You’re not alone Sammy, you have three people right beside you that love and care about you. I know this is hard on you and I know we make it that much harder, but you don’t have to deal with this alone” I said looking at Sam from my position in the back seat behind Dean; I hated the fact that for four months Sam was going through all of this alone and I know he’s the one who pushed as away but I’m his sister, I should have stayed with him.

“Anyway it doesn’t matter. These powers are playing with fire and I’m done with them. I’m done with everything, this is my choice and I’m making it right now” Sam told us as he glanced back at me letting the corners of his mouth turn up a little into a smile; he knew that at least I would be there to help him because we both knew Dean and Bristol might get to angry with him to realise he needs their help.
♠ ♠ ♠
Bailey's Outift

Comment Please!