Status: undergoing changes..I know right before the finale, how idiotic. Cant be helped.

In The Outside

HelloGoodbye

Clicking his tongue, Markus circled the cage. Ray was slumped on the floor, his clothes bloody and tattered. Markus’s gaze darted to Josef as he entered the basement. “Looks like the dog’s finally broken in.” Markus greeted. Josef nodded with a faint smirk, though his eyes remained serious.
Slowly Ray pushed himself into a sitting position. “You’ll, never, break me..Undead.” he said with a sneer. Markus sprang at the cage, exposing his fangs with a hiss expecting to startle Ray who just laughed instead. Retracting his fangs, Markus echoed Ray’s laughter as he circled the cage again then Markus started to bark at him.
Josef glanced at the old werewolf standing at his desk. “Professor? Markus and I need a moment alone…why don’t you go into your masturbation corner?” Josef suggested. The Professor barely managed to conceal his scowl as he trudged away. Approaching Josef, Markus howled at Ray then glanced at him expectantly. “I think it’s time..” Josef murmured.
“Time for what?” Markus replied. Josef gave him a look. “…D.K….are you sure?”
“We’ve wrecked that wolf beyond repair. He’ll be no match for the Professor, which means Harriet is fucked. /Unless/, we bring D.K. into play.” Josef responded.
Markus exhaled running a hand down his face. “Why don’t we wait until Ray loses?”
Josef scoffed. “And let Bishop stow her away somewhere and do God knows what to her before shipping her off to Lance? No!”
“….If we wait, then Aidan can help D.K.”
“Fuck Aidan!”
Markus studied Josef for a long time. “You’re sure?” he pressed. Josef nodded. “If D.K. fails, Bishop will kill you.” He reminded. Josef shrugged. “…Fine. I’ll go get him…”
Josef side-stepped into his path. “Uh /I/ should be the one to get him.” He argued.
“Bishop wont think twice if I disappear, but he’ll notice you missing. So. I’m going.” Markus responded. Josef sighed irritably, a motion of consent. Smirking Markus held up a hand. “STAY…..Goooodddd doggie.” He finished, walking out with the smirk still pasted on his face.
In the back room of the funeral home, was a room referred to as ‘the blood stop’ where comatose humans were strung upside down, waiting to be purged of the blood pumping through their useless bodies. Sitting guard at the door was the stocky form of Cooper with his flat black hair and sharp hazel eyes. “Markus.” He greeted stonily.
Markus’s gaze glided to the blood-stained pitcher on the nearby table. “Fill ‘er up.” He instructed. Cooper rose, collected the pitcher and stepped inside ‘the blood stop’. The second Cooper disappeared, Markus left to check if Blair was working. Even though Blair was Markus’s second, he remained a mystery. If things were reversed and Blair was above Markus in the line of command, Markus would’ve staked him without a thought. Yet Blair seemed perfectly content as Bishop’s fallback guy which was odd considering Blair had been turned before Markus. Markus knew little about Blair, other than he was suave and silent. His thick brown hair was cut short, long bangs overlapping deep blue eyes. Each day Blair brought a thermos of blood to work so he wouldn’t have to leave his desk and keep his full attention on whatever project Bishop had assigned him. Markus ducked his head in, saw Blair’s desk was empty and retreated to ‘the blood stop’. A few minutes passed then Cooper returned with the pitcher full of blood. “Thanks Coop.” Markus said as he took it from him. Cooper’s jaw tightened, hating that nickname, as he nodded. The blood rocked back and forth against the pitcher’s walls with each step Markus took towards Blair’s desk. He set the pitcher onto the desk as he sat down in Blair’s chair. Markus tried to open the bottom drawer but it was locked. A frown twisting on his lips, Markus tried the two drawers above it and also found it locked. He was about to try the drawer beneath the desktop when he froze, noticing Blair had appeared.
Blair’s smile was sincere in its mockery. “Looking for something Markus?” he greeted, an English drawl chipping his words.
“One of your thermos.” Markus responded.
Blair eyed the pitcher of blood, glanced down at the thermos ducked beneath his arm then peeked at Markus through his eyelashes. “Going somewhere?” he asked.
Markus forced a smirk as he stood. “Don’t ask don’t tell.” He answered. Unless Bishop grouped workers together for a project, what he assigned to who was to remain secret.
Mirroring the smirk, Blair released the thermos from his arm and set it beside the pitcher. “Help yourself.” He announced.
“Not shy about sharing your blood preference?”
“Not at all.”
Keeping his eyes on Blair, Markus unscrewed the thermos and raised it to his nose, which wrinkled though his mouth filled with saliva. “..That’s…”
“Baby’s blood.” Blair finished nonchalantly. Markus stared, slowly setting the thermos down. Blair chuckled. “You’re surprised.” He noted.
“….Impressed might be a better word….It’s a bit rich for my taste though.” Markus responded, sliding the thermos back across the desk.
Blair reclaimed it with a smirk. “I’ll see if I have an empty thermos laying around.” He said, screwing the cap on as he walked.

The first time in a hundred years, his tomb moved. He sensed the lid shaking above him, but he couldn’t open his eyes. Fresh air clouded down on him – the lid was off. He smelled the sweet nectar of blood before it dribbled on his lips. Eyes still closed, he sprang into a sitting position, one hand clamping onto an arm, his other palm clamped around something metallic. He wanted to speak but his mouth didn’t budge.
“Easy Keith, easy.” Markus murmured, taking Keith’s hand off his arm and cupping it alongside Keith’s other hand. Markus guided the thermos to Keith’s frozen mouth and jarred it between his lips.
The blood chugging down his throat, Keith finally managed to coax his eyes open. Markus looked exactly the same but the crypt surrounding the two of them was falling apart, a few stubborn cobwebs coating what remained of the structure. All too soon, the thermos was empty and Keith threw it aside.
“I was supposed to return that.” Markus complained.
Keith’s blue eyes stared at him blankly. “Year 2010?” he asked.
“2011.” Markus corrected hauling Keith out of his tomb.
Stumbling slightly on unfamiliar legs, Keith frowned. “…I must have forgotten to count a year.” He mused. Looking down at his faded and fared clothes, Keith noticed something was missing. “Where’s my ring?” he asked aloud.
“Josef took it.”
“He didn’t even say hello?”
“Guess not.” Markus smirked, retrieving the thermos.
Keith exhaled. “Great. He’s been spoiled rotten in my absence.”
“Oh you have no idea.”
“And what of Harriet?”
Markus shrugged meekly. “She’s fine, she calls herself Harlynn these days…in defiance of the military man.” He responded.
“Bishop.” Keith growled. Markus nodded a bit. “Then I’m proud of her. Where is she?”
“Follow me, Daddy Keith…I think she’s at work.”

*******

Josh sat down across from Harlynn, which seemed to be becoming a trend. But for once, he wasted no time in starting a conversation. “Did something happen between you and Aidan?” he asked sitting forward.
“What makes you say that?” Harlynn murmured.
“You’ve been avoiding each other like the plague.”
“You cant avoid the plague.”
“What?” Josh blurted.
/“You cant avoid the plague.”/ Harlynn repeated more slowly.
“That’s just an expression.” Josh said.
“Well it doesn’t make any sense. The plague cant be avoided, it finds you…it found my brother.” Harlynn responded.
“I’m…sorry…But look, what happened between you and Aidan?” Josh pressed.
“Nothing. Something /almost/ happened…but then it didn’t.” Harlynn replied. Josh stared. Harlynn exhaled. “You want details?”
“No!…I don’t know…Do I?” Josh stammered.
Harlynn pushed her plate away. “Would it make you feel better if I talked to him?”
“…Ye-ah…I think.” Josh murmured. “Would it make you feel better?”
“I’m not upset.”
“Neither am I.”
Harlynn narrowed her eyes. “Then why’d you bring it up?” she asked.
“Cause I’m concerned. Couple days ago, something happened between you and that Bishop guy, Aidan takes off, he comes back, the two of you go upstairs to talk, you storm out….What’s going on Harlynn?” Josh responded.
“…Don’t worry about it.”
“But I am. Worrying.”
“Well don’t! Didn’t you just hear me?” Harlynn snapped getting to her feet. She exhaled, noting Josh’s startled face. “I’m sorry. It’s…complicated. It doesn’t involve you so…just be grateful for that.” Harlynn hurried outside, as if she could leave her problems indoors. Josh was right to worry, /she/ should be worrying. Maybe she had been avoiding Aidan, as if ignoring him would undo the looming doom. The days were going by too quickly, soon the full moon would arrive, and her fate would rest on the gamble Aidan had taken. Harlynn’s eyes honed in on Aidan sitting on a bench, and though her stomach quickly knotted up, Harlynn forced herself to walk up to him. “Hey.” She greeted, barely making eye contact.
“Hey.” Aidan echoed. “…Wanna sit down? You look uncomfortable…”
Harlynn smiled faintly and perched beside him. “You doing okay?” she asked softly, gliding her hair behind her ear.
“Fine. You?”
“Fine.”
Aidan’s smile flickered, he had noticed her gaze failing to meet his but he was amused by it. He waited until a quiet minute had passed before speaking. “So. You said we should get to know each other…then….” He began. Harlynn’s eyes closed in a grimace. “Nothing.” He continued. She slowly opened them. “Am I not a good kisser?” he teased.
“No you’re….it was great, hot…I just…” Harlynn rubbed her neck awkwardly, studying the grass.
“Have never been in a normal relationship.” Aidan piped up.
A meek laugh escaped Harlynn. “We’re two vampires trying to be human, what’s normal about that?” she replied. Aidan laughed softly and Harlynn shifted her weight. “I do know you Aidan. Bishop talked about you nonstop, he was so proud…..he never did mention a Celene though.” She hinted..
“…I think you had abandoned him by then….I had too.” Aidan mused. Harlynn tilted her head. “It was the ‘70s. I was living with Celene….She was beautiful, free-spirited, kind….and then Bishop showed up.”
“He killed her?” Harlynn blurted.
“No. No, he just…drove her away. Bishop was…not understanding of my relationship with Celene. Truthfully I think it angered him, not so much because of the principle but because…it reminded him of you….his failed attempt at normalcy.” Aidan responded.
Harlynn swallowed. “…So what happened?”
“I knew Bishop wouldn’t let me go, that we had to leave before he hurt her somehow…I told her to pack her stuff, and meet me at the train station…she never showed.” Aidan finished.
“And you never tried to find out why? Did Celene know what you are?”
“She did. She wanted me to turn her…”
“Why didn’t you?” Harlynn asked.
Aidan stared into space. “I was afraid I’d kill her.” He whispered, regret lining his words.
“….I’m sorry Bishop ruined things for you.” Harlynn said. Aidan’s smile faded as quickly as it appeared. “Did you ever try to track Celene down?” she pressed.
“…She died of cancer three years ago.” Aidan said.
Harlynn flinched. “Sorry I asked.” She replied.
A dull laugh escaped Aidan’s lips. His brown eyes found her blue ones. “So now you know about Celene.” Aidan rested an elbow on the head of the bench, studying Harlynn expectantly. “…It’s your turn to tell me about you.” He pressed.
“Ooooooo I would, but there’s this little thing called ‘self-respect’ that I really have to hold onto….I don’t have much of it you see.” Harlynn responded. Aidan gave her a look. “I’m serious!” she giggled.
“That’s unfair.”
“Why is it unfair?”
“Because Bishop shared all my exploits with you but not once did he tell me /anything/ about you…” Aidan said. Harlynn raised an eyebrow and Aidan rolled his eyes. “Other than you were pregnant.” He added dryly.
“….Her name’s Rose. I didn’t tell you that before. She’s wonderful, gorgeous. And a vampire.” Harlynn began.
“Wait – so not only did Bishop keep your daughter a secret from you, /he also turned her?” / Aidan pressed.
“Actually Josef did…”
/“Why?”/
“I guess I wasn’t a secret to Rose…I’m not sure who told her but…she wanted to meet me…The years kept passing. Rose is the only one besides us who knows how stubborn Bishop is…On her 18th birthday, Josef turned her.” Harlynn explained.
“Are you upset you didn’t get to raise her?” Aidan asked.
A frown tugged at her lips. “I never really thought about it.” Harlynn answered sincerely. “She seems perfectly fine. But….”
“But?”
“…I wouldn’t have turned her. I would have just left, disappeared once she reached a certain age. Kept an eye on her from a distance…”
A smile surfaced on Aidan’s features. “You said you never thought about it.” He jeered.
Harlynn hid her laugh behind a smile. “Okay maybe a little.” She admitted. Her eyes wandered as a silence grew between them. A few people were out, patients and nurses alike, their hearts beating in a happy rhythm. Harlynn’s attention was drawn to someone across the street with a still heartbeat. Her jaw opened in wonder, her eyes frozen on the face of her father. Aidan must have noticed her shock, she could faintly hear him ask ‘who’s that?’ as if he were far away. Dimples sprouted as Keith smiled. Harlynn stood and her father ducked into a building marked ‘condemned’. In a flash she was walking into the same building. Aidan had followed but she was barely aware of this fact. Her eyes bore into Keith. “….Father…” she whispered. Smiling Keith spread his arms but for the first time Harlynn glanced away, her eyes scanning her surroundings. Seeing nothing suspicious she returned her gaze to him. “Is this a trick?” she asked softly.
The smile fell the same time as Keith’s arms. “Harriet.” His voice sent ripples across her skin. “How could you accuse me of such a thing?” he murmured.
“She’s funny like that.” Markus spoke up earning her attention.
Harlynn took an automatic step towards him. “/You?/ You turned him?”
“Josef did, I just told him what to do.” Markus replied.
“And who turned Josef.” Harlynn pointed out.
“You’re welcome.” Markus said dryly.
“WELCOME?” Harlynn repeated shrilly. “It wasn’t bad enough you turned my brother into a monster, but my father too?!” Both Markus and Keith tried to say something but she didn’t give them a chance. “WHY?! Wait let me guess – cause Bishop told you to. Do you have NO mind of your own?!” Vulnerability lined Markus’s face but he remained silent under Harlynn’s scrutiny. “Josef said you cared about me…and that we cared about you…How could you….?” Her voice wavered in a mixture of emotion. “How Markus?” Keith’s arms embraced Harlynn’s statue. His touch startled her and she immediately pulled away. “Don’t touch me.” She murmured.
Keith’s hands coupled with her arms. “Harriet. I’m still your father. Josef is still your brother.” He imprinted his palm on her cheek; Harlynn turned her head and a frown creased Keith’s features. “Harriet. We weren’t turned under the command of the military-man. Bishop isn’t even aware I’m still kicking. I’ve been in a tomb for the past decade. I /am/ still the man you remember. I’m your father. And I will protect you from that beast.”
Harlynn became lost in the twinkling ocean of Keith’s eyes. Her bones ached, longing to hug him Her fingers touched the tip of his nose, one that thankfully had been passed on to Josef and not her. Aidan’s voice snapped her out of her daydream: “How?” All eyes turned to him. “Against Bishop, how are you going to help? Do you have a plan?” Aidan pressed.
“That’s not somethin’ I’ll be sharin’ with you stranger.” Keith responded.
“I told you,” Markus spoke up. “His name’s Aidan. He’s Bishop’s pride and joyt.” He spat.
“All the more reason not to trust him.” Keith muttered, releasing Harlynn.
“Aidan and I are in this together.” Harlynn told him.
Keith’s gaze didn’t falter from Aidan’s chiseled face. “And as admirable as that is, the military-man is a sly one. How do you know he isn’t playing both sides?”
“Father…” Harlynn began.
“Good point.” Aidan interrupted, much to her surprise. “Just promise me your daughter isn’t a part of the plan.”
“She isn’t.” Keith said.
Aidan nodded. “That’s all I need to know.” He replied and a blink of an eye, he was gone.
Harlynn swallowed, her eyes narrowing into a glare as Markus stepped towards the door. “There’s an abandoned subway off the highway. It’s something of a hang-out place for the newbloods. I’ll send Josef there and the three of you can have a Lynn family reunion.” He announced. Markus’s blank stare met Harlynn’s gaze. “Alone.” He added hollowly.

The walls of the subway had undergone numerous encounters by graffiti artists. Most of the lights were broken and the ones that still worked flickered. The wind howled through the tunnel, masking the excited yips of newly turned vampires feeding and fornicating with each other. Harlynn sat beside Keith against the wall, his arm slung around her shoulder, her eyes on the bloodstained floor. Harlynn had done her best to explain the twenty-first century while waiting for Josef; things such as the internet were a complete marvel to Keith. “There was something else I meant to ask,” Keith began. Harlynn lifted her gaze from the floor to his eyes, though everytime she did, she felt like a lost little girl. “What did your brother do with my ring?” Harlynn blinked. “Why did he need it?” Harlynn opened her mouth but they both glanced up as a shadow passed over them.
“To mess with her of course.” Josef greeted with a grin.
“You upstart.” Keith scolded.
“Hello to you too Father.” Josef jeered, sliding down beside Harlynn. “Sis. You look bitchier than usual.” He noted.
“You knew Father was alive all along and you didn’t tell me?” Harlynn scowled.
“And risk you telling Bishop? Hell no! He’d have my head on a pike if he found out I turned Dada instead of just killing him.” Josef replied.
“Knew I hated that bastard for a reason..” Keith grumbled. When Harlynn looked at him questioningly, he continued: “Josef’s first order of business (as a vamp) was to stake me.”
Josef laughed meekly. “Maybe if you hadn’t made your dislike for Bishop so obvious he wouldn’t have felt the need to kill you.”
“Bah.” Keith dismissed with a wave of his hand. “All that matters is giving that fucker what he deserves.”
“Which is what?” Harlynn asked.
“Death! What else?” Keith answered.
Harlynn’s tense body scooted away. “You’re going to kill him? Are you insane?!”
“Are you?”
“Wha-?!”
“With the military-man dead, you’re safe, I’m happy and Markus is top vamp - what more could you want dear?” Keith responded.
Harlynn stared. “Father…Bishop will kill you! You’ve been out of commission all these years…”
“Exactly.” Josef piped up. “He’s supercharged from being dormant all that time.”
“How do you know?!” she challenged.
“Markus said the Dutch go underground for 50 years at a time, and they’re plenty strong once they come up for blood.” Josef explained.
“And we’re supposed to trust Markus?” Harlynn scoffed.
Keith removed his arm from around her shoulders. “I don’t know how you got it into your head that Markie is an enemy.” He tsked.
“Because he’s Bishop’s lapdog!” Harlynn snapped.
“Markus isn’t as whipped as you think Sis.” Josef said.
“Yeah and the Earth is flat.” Harlynn mocked.
“Enough you two.” Keith said bumping his shoulder against Harlynn which bumped her into Josef. “Time to talk about the plan…”

**********

Blair sat against the same wall as the Lynns but several newbloods separated them, two fornicating the other five feeding. A blonde vamp had her head between Blair’s legs but he paid little attention as he listened to each word Josef spoke. Blair studied Harlynn – her stiff stature indicated she wasn’t fully committed, that perhaps she still cared for Bishop enough not to want him dead. Blair’s face twisted in ecasty as the blonde lifted her head. Blair sat forward as Harlynn suggested Keith stay at Aidan’s house. Keith was resistant, evidentially distrusting Aidan. The blonde weaseled her head into Blair’s line of sight. “Did you hear me you shit? I said it’s your turn.” Blair laughed, resting a hand on her chest. “That’s…” With a twist of his wrist, a stake had pierced her ribcage. “BUH.” She cried blankly, her body dissolving into dust. Blair brushed her ashes off his suit, watching the Lynns intently as they rose. Josef hugged Harlynn and told her not to worry. He and Keith just nodded at each other before parting ways. Blair sat a moment longer, basking in how close he had been to Harlynn. It wasn’t the first time he had tailed her, hell he was the one who had tracked her down for Bishop. But it was the first time he had been within feet of her. The waves of her red hair, her heart-shaped face, her perfectly crafted body, he understood the fuss. Harlynn was worthy of obsession, of idolization even. Perhaps when Lance got what he wanted, Blair would get his share of her too. After all, he had always been Lance’s favorite.

Bishop barely looked up when Blair entered his office at BPD. (Boston Police Department) They both knew he should show Blair more respect than that, but here Bishop was the top dog. “How was Harriet’s day?” he asked boredly.
“She was reunited with her father.” Blair answered. That got Bishop’s attention. “It would seem Josef has been hiding him. Keith’s been inactive, ever since you gave the death order no doubt. Josef’s plan is to lead his father to your estate in the dead of night. Then Keith would find your bedroom and…well I’m sure you can guess the rest.”
Reclining in his chair, Bishop remained silent. “…I have never met a bigger nuisance than that Josef Lynn….” He mused.
“Then why keep him alive?”
“He raised my daughter. He’s the brother of my love. And how was she during this…talk of assassinating me?”
“Tense.” Blair said truthfully.
A smirk sprouted across Bishop’s mouth “So she does still care.”
“I cant see why, you’re a useless lunatic.” Blair replied.
Bishop painted his face in a laugh. “…Love is something hard to get rid of.”
“Indeed. Otherwise, I wouldn’t be here.” Blair responded. The traces of humor faded off Bishop’s features. “Surely you, as her sire and lover, could have figured out where she’d go when she abandoned you. Yet I had to be brought in…” Blair hummed.
“You’ve made your point.” Bishop growled. A smile slid onto Blair’s face as he let himself out of Bishop’s office.
************

Josh leaned beside Harlynn. “So your father….kinda the bloodthirsty type huh?”
“Well he is a vampire.” Harlynn replied.
“I-I know but…”
“Sally wanted revenge, Keith is getting it for her. You don’t really have a problem with that do you?”
“No! Revenge is…good…you know….Death to Danny.” Josh cleared his throat. “I just thought…you’d want your dad to follow your lifestyle…Of not killing people.” Josh explained.
Harlynn mulled that over, her thoughts turning to Bishop. “..I do…” she murmured.
“…So…shouldn’t you go stop him?” Josh asked.
The two of them stood across from Danny’s home. Aidan sat on the doorstep, the glare of the sun reflecting off his sunglasses. Behind him, inside the house, Keith was tearing Danny limb-from-limb under the watchful stare of Sally.
A long breath escaped Harlynn’s lips. “If this wasn’t his first kill…definitely. As much as I wish otherwise, my father is a vampire. He needs to feel what its like – the rush, the vertigo, the satisfaction….Better an abusive boyfriend than an innocent bystander.”

Tony paced back and forth, from the stove, around the table, to the fridge and back again. All the while, Tony glared at the line of salt that imprisoned him in the kitchen.. When he heard the front door open, he wasted no time in talking: “So Sally’s murderer is dead. YIPPIE. Can someone kindly let me the fuck out of here now?!” he demanded.
“Nope! Sorry.” Called Josh, sinking onto the couch.
“Yeah I don’t need you Teen Wolf. Aidan?…AIDAN!” Tony hollered. He found himself face-to-face with Keith, his grey t-shirt splashed with blood. “…If I promise not to bone your daughter, will you let me out?”
“No because I wouldn’t believe you.” Keith sneered.
Tony leaned around Keith to look beyond the kitchen. “Where the hell’s Aidan?” he asked Sally. She pointed upstairs. “You don’t think he’s doing the deed with your precious girl right this second?” Tony challenged.
“She has no interest him, it’s Markie she’s meant to be with.” Keith replied.
“Who the hell’s Markie?” asked Tony, Sally and Josh.
Meanwhile Harlynn told Aidan, Josef’s plan to deal with Bishop. “It’s risky. But it could work.” Aidan said.
“Could.” Harlynn noted. “You don’t think it will.”
Studying her, Aidan debated how honest he should be. “If Keith looses the element of surprise, it’ll be fair play.”
“But I thought Keith’s….faster-stronger…-whatever from the comatose-advantage.”
“….Even so, Keith’s never fought a vampire before.”
“Then let me fight you.” Keith greeted.
“Father, no.” Harlynn said.
Keith walked right past her, his eyes locked on Aidan’s. “Why not? He’s so confident this is a fool’s errand…Let us see.” He baited.
“I’m not going to fight you.” Aidan said with the shadow of a laugh.
“Not without a reason huh? Well I’ll give you one.” Keith began. “You’re clearly interested in my daughter…”
“Father!” Harlynn hissed.
“Her and Markus have an unfinished romance…”
“Father really now…”
“If you think that can just be overlooked, you’re wrong.” Keith continued.
A smile wormed onto Aidan’s face. “So you want me to fight you…for Harlynn’s hand.”
Harlynn was getting delirious. “This is ridiculous!” she said.
“Think you’re better than Markie? Prove it prettyboy.” Keith finished.
Chuckling, Aidan lowered his head. Keith stepped forward but Harlynn grabbed his arm. “Father enough, I….” Harlynn trailed off as Aidan raised his head, black eyes blazing, fangs sprouted. The next moment Keith was thrown across the bedroom. “AIDAN.” Harlynn gasped. Aidan turned his head in her direction without actually looking back.
“Stay out of it, Harriet.” Keith grunted, getting on his feet.
“I’m not just going to stand here and…HEY!” Harlynn exclaimed as Aidan pushed her into the hallway and slammed the door shut.
Harlynn took two steps forward when Tony appeared between her and the door. “Looks like you need a distraction.” He smirked.
“Who let you out?” Harlynn said.
“SORRY!” Josh called from downstairs. Harlynn closed her eyes to avoid rolling them.
“He treaded on the salt on his way outta the kitchen. Now are you ready to rock or what?” Tony asked with a devious stare.
“Tony, now is really not the…OPHF!” Harlynn cried as Keith barreled into her. Aidan stood in the doorway, fixing the hinges of the door Keith had just busted through.
“Lucky shot!” Keith complained helping Harlynn up. Aidan gave him a smug look but Keith’s attention was on Tony. “How did you get out?” he asked blankly.
“I..” Tony stammered.
“Don’t matter. Keep your other-worldly hands off my daughter.” Keith ordered before storming downstairs.
Tony exchanged glances with Harlynn and Aidan. “….I think I’m gonna go. Before your dad traps me again.” He announced.
“Good idea.” Aidan murmured.
Tony stepped closer to Harlynn. “You are planning on us hooking up before judgment night right?” he asked softly.
“…All I’ve been thinking about.” Harlynn lied with a easy smile. A soft smirk spread on Tony’s lips before he disappeared. Harlynn’s gaze automatically fell on Aidan, the expression on his face expressing his thoughts. “That was a lie.” She added.
“You don’t have to explain yourself to me.” Aidan said with a laugh.
“Don’t I?” she challenged. A smile tugged at Aidan’s lips but he didn’t let it show. “So. You and Father dueled…does he have a fighting chance against Bishop?”
“…You’re really okay with Keith going through with this?”
“…I could ask you the same question…Bishop was your sire too.”
Aidan was silent a moment. “..I think our lives will be a lot easier without Bishop around.” He responded.

**********
Keith and Josef lurked behind the garden wall of Bishop’s estate. It was 2 AM sharp, the sky moonless, a cold nip to the wind. “Alright,” Josef began. “The layout’s pretty simple. If you go in the front way, you’ll walk into a large room with a piano in the corner. You’ll want to go up the stairs on the left if you want to sneak a peek at Rose – she has that whole floor to herself, her bedroom is the first door on your right.”
“Easy ‘nough. Now where’s Bishop gonna be?” Keith pressed.
“That I don’t know for sure…His study is to the right of the main room – you’ll have to pass the library and swimming pool to find it. His bedroom is on the left of the main room – pass Rose’s stairs and the kitchen to get it”
“….You sire you don’t want to come with me?”
“Im keeping watch remember?” Josef laughed.
Keith nodded. “…Wuss..” he replied straightening up.
“Yeah I love you too Dad.” Josef smirked.
Keith managed a smile. “If I die in there…” he began shaking the stake.
“You’re not going to die.” Josef interrupted. “At least, you better not cause otherwise I’m next.”
“…Hmm..you’re right. Guess I cant make you promise to take care of your sis then can I?”
“Nope!”
Keith smirked bitterly. “Be careful.”
“You too.” Josef murmured.
The bushes rattled from Keith’s speedy departure. Josef exhaled his stress, unaware of someone approaching from behind. Just as Josef turned his head, a machete severed his neck from his shoulders. Markus swallowed a lump of regret from his hiding spot. Josef’s ashes swirled in the wind as Blair studied his reflection in the steel. Markus stepped out of the bushes with a camcorder. “Got all that?” Blair asked.
“Yup.” Markus answered.
“Good. Time for Keith’s close-up…Let’s go.” Blair hummed, starting for the estate.
Markus glanced down at the dust that had once been Josef. “I told you to wait…But you’re stubborn like your sister…” he muttered, before sighing. “Farewell friend.”

Meanwhile, Keith had checked the study first – no Bishop. Keith poked his head in the library but found it abandoned too. On his way to Bishop’s bedroom, Keith paused at Rose’s stairs. This could be his only chance to see his granddaughter. The granddaughter he had nearly eaten as a newborn was now an adult vampire. Ascending up the stairs, Keith knew he had to look at her, just for a moment. Rose’s door was open a sliver, but not enough for him to see her. Gently pushing with his fingertips, Keith opened the door wider. And there she was, nestled elegantly between silk bedsheets, her vibrant red hair splashed across her pillow. Keith was in awe, Rose was just as beautiful as her mother, perhaps even moreso. Keith didn’t notice a body laying beside hers until it had sprang up and grabbed him by the throat. Keith stared into the wild eyes of Bishop, his face contorted in a bloodthirsty scowl. The next thing Keith knew, he had been thrown down the stairs, his back cracking the hardwood floor as he crashed onto it. Keith had landed with his head at Blair’s feet. His teal eyes had barely met Blair’s blue ones, when Blair yanked him up and sunk his fangs into Keith’s jugular. Keith flailed uselessly, Blair had him in a chokehold. Bishop descended the stairs one at a time, his gaze to the left of Blair and Keith. While struggling, Keith tried to see what Bishop was looking at. Seconds before he lost consciousness, Keith saw Markus with the camcorder.

There was two things Lance did regarding his cellphone – one, always have it on vibrate and two, always keep in it his breast pocket. That way whenever he received a call, Lance remembered ever so fleetingly, what it was like to have a heartbeat. Sighing in content, Lance retrieved the vibrating phone from his pocket. The digital screen announced it as Blair calling. Flicking it open, Lance greeted “Yes?”
“I have an update.”
“I should hope so otherwise you wouldn’t be calling now would you?” Lance responded.
“….Remember how there was to be a wolf fight upon your arrival?”
“I already don’t like where this is going.” Lance mused.
“Instead it shall be one of our own against the dog.”
Lance cocked his head. “One of our own?” he repeated. “Who might that be?”
“The father of Harriet the Horrific.”
Lance’s eyebrow perked. “Oh?…How…intriguing.”
♠ ♠ ♠
..Truthfully, I might have created Blair just so I could write about Matt Smith...with his face, I think he'd make an excellent baddie, let alone a vampire. ONLY ONE CHAPTER LEFT.