March of Mephisto

The Legend of Mephisto

I.
The morals of humanity corrupted, racking into the ruins of a scared earth. Evils and self destruction poisoned the planet with the devourering nature of a disease, depriving it of a foreign hope it only experienced in glimpses. The angered, deprived souls guided their world to an Armageddon, destroying all the relics of a former world. Small portions of land were reborn into a state of the former ways, but the rest remained to survive in a savage condition, until those bestial fractions became the ashes of what used to struggle there. The new, extant nations built peacefully upon themselves with the remains of knowledge present from before the devastation and human decay; but, gradually, naively the states coiled into a regression that ceased to be unbroken.

Ills seeped into the virgin humankind and slowly eroded their being—the temptations that shall always exist in the hardened natures. Greed reigned above all the sins, and bloody violence flourished contesting militias against each other, posting war between others to attain the intelligence of before the Armageddon. For centuries, armies of different nations endlessly crossed each other hoping for gain.

Some of the countries began to believe, because of the hostility towards each other, the Divine punished them by dimming the sun and heavens; and to restore the world to a former glory He later sent heavenly creatures in the form of humans to the earth. This fainting of the sun was believed, by few, to be the cause of the continuing mutation in the genetic code. The enzyme that produces melanin flawed, causing the absence of pigment; the strange phenomenon is continually becoming more common among organisms, particularly in humans, causing an illusion of these divine persons. Cultures crafted diverse origins for the white beings, because of a primitive instinct to believe in lore. In the East Asian customs it is believed that the white beings came from a spirit world as guardians and protectors of the people, and are praised for their status. The western nations have various interpretations; some countries have no opinion of them and regard them as normal humans, several believe the original notion of them being Divine sent, while others consider them demons or evil presences.

French ruled nations considered having albinism to be a crime and where imprisoned or sentenced to death because of it. The highest point of the persecution of the albinic people is generally considered to be the beginning of the High Rule of France, where the majority of the western European nations where seized under French dominance living in fear of their power.

II.
During a time of great need, when portions of Germany were in danger of becoming part of another empire, a Greater Commander of Germany’s military sought out the subtle talent of a lowly commoner from Lutherstadt. The common-man, Chlodovech Mephisto, was of the white completion, and his eyes raging of a distinct pattern—one was the passion of scarlet while the other was the laud of royal. The darker toned prejudiced against him, but was noticed exceedingly for being extraordinary in tactics. Daily for hours he sat in the town square with the Greater Commander, unknowing he, conversing their skills through actions in a foreign strategy game. Mephisto never spoke while engaged in the matches, his will to concentrate on the problems before him fashioned a burning attraction lusting for his skill.

The Greater Commander toiled with Lutherstadt’s rejection of Mephisto and he cooed to him saying: “Rise with me and love shall grow from this loathing. Your talent will be extolled; follow me.” Loyalty was disclosed, and the commoner did as was commanded. There after what was promised was gained; Mephisto learned and taught in his time, and overtook his mentor. Many grand battles passed and with each of their successes the world became more aware, praising the Greater Commander from the Divine. Tales of heroism crossed all nations with the valiant character of Mephisto, and the acceptance of albinism broadened in Germany as well as its allies, then to countries unknown; soon, the world rose to albino dominated armies. France, however, scorned these world views and deemed them corrupt.

Radical revolutionaries discriminated against the albino unlawfully, acting violently against them. The small cities and towns began to allow criminal charges and torture, while more rural villages paid no consequences for causing the martyrdom of some white humans. Eventually, this hatred evolved to a national scale and the brutish French sought out new blood, causing an uproar; degrading them to savagery and embraced the start of the High Rule of France. The nation’s people became uncontrollable, and the state began seizing neighboring countries, converting them to French beliefs and mercilessly massacred who did not. People’s viciousness slowly became milder, but captives under the crime of albinism remained to face harsh penalties, some to the extent of death.

Because of his disappearance from the commanding military post, many believed at this time, Mephisto was in the grasp of the radicals and have long died. For some time, the white people’s voices where silenced with their blood and strived in fear. However, hope was restored to the worried souls when the word of an albino leader, along with few disciples, freed the wrongly imprisoned, slaying only when necessary. The Rise of Mephisto came with the eminent figure of cheer and praise.

III.
Light faded when the startled truth of Mephisto’s capture concealed the elated hearts. The hero was seized by a troop of France’s Armée Royale on foreign soil, and all prisoners arrested under the Armée Royale out of the boundaries of France would be sent to Paris to be tried. Six followers denied Mephisto and where impounded and beaten; six followers acceded to Mephisto and where sentenced to death. The former Greater Commander was a trophy to the culture and was repeatedly thrashed, flogged and displayed in the Place de la Concorde for days. Most of the men observed the albino with abhorred sight, while subtle others, cloaked in black, watched in mourning. His hair and flesh of pure snow tainted to reds and browns from the torment, agony quivering his body and being.

Myth says that a lowly, cloaked French child approached Mephisto in the darkest point of night, and, out of compassion, began to clean his wounds with the sorrow of the white people. Locks of ivory and eyes of amethyst hid under the boy’s hooded face, ashamed and afraid of facing the malicious world through unveiled perspective. Sights of the end of human decay glazed Mephisto with vigorous pleasure, but were only the disguise of a hollow happiness—for he knew evil could not be rid of. Nightly the child would undoubtedly return, with clean cloth and hearty fare, time and time again until once he brought forth a gift more valuable that either.

Furled in a fabric, a shard of a shattered looking glass glistened in the presence of the silver heavens, and was the symbol of the hero’s life and freedom. Carelessly, the boy rends the thick rope binds that chained Mephisto still to the pole, sacrificing the flesh and blood of his own hands in a wasted effort. When the last strand unreeled from the cuts the body feel limp onto the dirt and stone; motionless and heavy it laid in peace upon the ground, silently sleeping. In his unwillingness to believe, the child moved to the late Greater Commander with the fancy to aid him. Cold death’s touch enveloped him, and his raging eyes faded to a dullness; the French child grieved with crystal tears, caressing, with bloody hands, the face of the greatest man.

“Rise Chlodovech Mephisto. Return a champion not meant for here. Show your nation what it has brought to this world,” the soft, whispered words were spoken in a choke; with them the warm flesh meet the dead’s forehead in a kiss. Loyalty was disclosed, and the departed did as was commanded of him. From his slumber he rose weak and frail, bleeding no more, and set forth away from Paris. Hundreds of miles he trekked across France into Germany until he journeyed upon a small town on the German border, where, on its streets, his legs failed and collapsed, returning to the abyss of death; his crossing retold as the miracle: the March of Mephisto.