Status: Active

Speak Now.

Four.

I fought with my shoes, trying to get them on.

My stupid shoes wouldn't go on, because I couldn't bend my stupid legs, because of my stupid, tight skinny-jeans. I hate this; it's so stupid.

My shoe finally went on, as I fell back on my bed.

I'm tired; I think I'll take a quick nap.

Honk, honk!

I groaned, as I sat up. I was slowly walking down the steps, when Hannah beeped the horn, again. “I'm coming, I'm coming!” I yelled, as if she could hear me, from all the way outside. I grabbed my phone, and a peanut butter sandwich, I had made before hand, and shoved it in my messenger-bag. Then, I was out the door, as the horn sounded, again.

Oh, Life, why do you treat me so well?

My feet dragged out the door, and I slammed it behind me. I walked to the car, and opened the door. “Why are you so excited to kill me?” I asked, getting in.

Hannah put the car into Drive, and we were off. “I'm not,” Hannah replied, looking at me, out of the corner of her eye. “I'm excited to get this day over with.”

“I'd rather do almost anything than be going here.”

Almost?” I sighed, wishing she hadn't caught onto that.

“Yes, almost.

“What else would you rather not do?” I shook my head, refusing to answer. “Tell me, Briar.”

I looked out the window. “See Chris marrying...her.

I heard Hannah sigh softly. “I know who you'd rather him marry, but, obviously, he's too blind to see how amazing the girl he should be marrying is.”

I smiled weakly. “But...why does he like her?”

“Don't you see? He's just trying to hold onto a part of his past. He remembers all the good times he had with her, and he doesn't want to let them go; he doesn't want to get older. He just wants to stay the kid that he's always been.”

“But, I'm a part of his past, too,” I huffed childishly; my eyes bulged as I realized I had said that out loud.

Hannah smiled at me. “I know, and so does he. But, Briar, you were always a friend; you were always just a friend. And, now, he can't see you as anything, except that.”

“Can't he see she's fake? Can't he see she only likes him, because he's a singer?

“I don't know, but everyone else can. I think he might just be blinded by what he thinks is love. He's always been one to fall for people quickly, and never go back.”

I smiled. “Yeah, I know.”

We pulled into TJ Formal, and looked around until we saw Kristin and her family. Hannah and I walked over to them, to be welcomed by a group of glares; even Kristin's five-year-old niece was glaring at us!

It was dead silence, for a few minutes; we were all just staring at each other. I hesitated, before politely saying, “Hello. My name's Briar, and-”

“Yes, we know who you are,” Kristin's mother chimed in.

I ignored her, as best as I could, and started off, from where she interrupted me. “And, of course, I'm sure you all know, this is Hannah, Chris' sister,” I motioned to Hannah.

“We know that, as well,” Kristin's aunt said.

After that, it was more silence, showing that no one in Kristin's family was going to introduce themselves. I rocked back and forth on my heels. “Well, okay. Are we gonna go in, or are we going to continue this fun, little gathering?” I asked, looking at each and every one of them.

If they weren't going to play nice, neither was I.

Kristin silently started walking towards the entrance, and we all followed. It was like Kristin was the leader, and we were all her pack; I wasn't going to have that. I ran up to the door, before she could reach it, and held it open for her.

“Your highness,” I mumbled, holding my arm out. She just glared at me, crossed her arms, and walked in. “No thank you?” I asked; silence was my reply. I chuckled.

I didn't care who's wedding dress we were picking out; the bride to be was marrying my best friend, so I'm not going to let her and her snotty family run all over me.

Hannah had caught up with me, and walked in after Kristin. “Thank you, m'dear,” She said, laughing.

“Well, you're welcome, ma'am,” I replied, tipping an invisible hat on my head. I walked in, letting the door close on the rest of Kristin's family. Kristin looked back, and her mouth gaped, as she saw I hadn't held the door open. But, of course, she didn't run over and open it for them; she was too good for that.

“Name?” The person at a small little table asked Kristin.

“Kristin Krewson,” she stated, then looked at me. “Soon to be Kristin Ingle.”

“Soon to be...Kristin Ingle,” I mocked quietly. But, loud enough that Hannah heard, earning a giggle from her.

“Mm, yes. I'll be helping you today, and my name's Clarice. So, let's go find you a wedding dress!” Clarice exclaimed excitedly.

“Oh, I can't wait. I've got to find one Chris will like...Although, he said I look gorgeous in anything,” Kristin replied, looking at me, again.

“You know, he says that to all his fans; every single one he meets. So, it's really nothing special,” I blurted out, unknowingly.

Hannah burst out laughing, as Kristin shot daggers at me.

If looks could kill, I'm sure I'd be dead...But, so would she.

“It's just the truth. He's said that to everyone; me, Hannah, Sarah, his mom, all his fans, even Lucy, the Pug!”

“Why don't you just keep your mouth shut?” She asked, rhetorically.

“If I could, I would be able to teach you something new, because, obviously, that's something you can't do.”

I could almost see steam coming out of her ears. “Why are you even here?”

“Well, I was told you wanted me to be here. And, since I'm here, I'm not leaving.”

Kristin turned on her heel, and followed Clarice. She went to a long, couch-like thing, and Kristin's whole family rushed to sit on it. So, Hannah and I were standing up.

“Well, let's go look at the first one!” Clarice said, and bouncing into a different room. After a minutes, Kristin came out in a pinkish, knee-length dress. I put my hand on my forehead, and shook my head.

Nasty.

“What do you think, Briar?” Kristin asking, fluttering her eyelashes innocently.

“I think it's...amazing,” I choked out.

No, I wasn't trying to get her to pick the nastiest dress...Okay, yes, yes, I was.

She just looked at me, and turned back into the room. After trying on about twenty more dresses, she found one she liked.

She walked out, and did a twirl. The dress was an off-white, floor-length, ruffled dress. It was strapless, and had pearls and crystals all along the neck-line. It was gorgeous.

Her family erupted in squeals, oohs-and-ah’s, and glee. They all jumped up from their seats, to get a closer look at the dress. After a few mere seconds, they were all shouting, “This is it! This is the one!”

I sighed, and walked out of the building.

She had everything I've ever wanted; she had the dress I've wanted, the fiance I've wanted, the life I've wanted. She had it all.
♠ ♠ ♠
The last chapter, I hated. But, now, this one...it's a different story ;D I'm quite proud of it, actually. C:
I already got two comments on the last one! I got them within like...three minutes. So, let's see if we can do that, again, but with...FIVE this time. Yus. :D
So, I'll probably start working on my other stories now...BUT, I LOVE THIS ONE SO MUCH. D: So, maybe I'll just work on this one... I don't know, yet. D:
Oh, I almost forgot, if you want to see the dress I'm imagining, go to TJ Formal in Joplin, Missouri. And, look at [i[Mori Lee, then go to dress Mori Lee Voyage Wedding Dress 6106. Oh, shizz. I just remembered I could do a link. So, it's this one. :D
Anyways, comment's make me update A LOT faster, as you saw. ;D
So, comment!!!! :D