Status: Group Written Comments Welcome <3

France Romance

Big News.

Carley was sitting in her blue bean bag, she was thinking about what she will do when her parents take the first flight to France for their internship program to attend a school there. She was deep in thought when her parents walked into her small room.

“Carley, we have something to tell you.”

She couldn’t figure if it was bad or good news. Their faces showed a slight smile with a bit of disgust. Carley set her magazine down that she was reading and looked into her mother’s deep sea blue eyes.

“Yes mother?”

Her mother took a seat on her bed and looked down at her shaking porcelain, pale skin.

“You will be going to France with your friend’s to live with your brother.”

Her mother’s faded pink lips formed a frown; She wasn’t saying anything to that.

She always wanted to live in another country and go with her friends but what was wrong why did she have to go?

“Why mother?”

Carley walked to her mother and sat beside her.

“Your father and I are leaving to a trip and we don’t know when we will be back, we will call you as soon as we are.” Small tears formed at the crease of her eyes.

“Mother, don’t cry, I’ll be alright. But why are you going?”

Her father was still standing there, his face was blank and his forest green eyes were glaring at the computer Carley left on and open.

“You need to pack. You will be leaving next week, and we're going for your father to find a job in Japan,” and with that said they both left in a fast pace. They didn’t even give a good explanation.

Carley was left blank sitting on her bed, she was both upset and excited at the same time. Carley grabbed her pink cell phone and texted all her friends she was heading to France with them. She opened her big walk in closet and found her blue with pink stripes suitcase and threw it on her hardwood floor. At the same time she turned off her internet her phone rang.

Carley answered her to hear her best friend Sophia screaming,”Carley Sophia Turner! You’re kidding me right?”

A small laugh escaped Carley's soft pink lips. “Sophia calm down! I am coming, but I don’t know what to pack!” Sophia’s little kid laugh filled the speaker of Carley’s phone.

“Pack a lot of clothes and tons of money! We'll shop for more when we're there! Pack all the things you want!” She smiled and hung up on Sophia, none of her friends ever said bye to each other, because goodbye meant forever.

Carley grabbed all her favorite clothes and threw them in the suitcase. She knew she wouldn't be leaving for another week, but why pack later? She threw in her favorite picture of her and her ex. They broke apart two months ago when he had to move, they always call each other and say their best friends, but Carley misses him a lot. He was the only true boyfriend she had ever had.

Carley flipped her silky brown curly hair to the right side to brush through it, she starred in the mirror. Her muddy soft hazel brown eyes starred back at her, they had bags under them like she hasn’t slept in days, and her bronze skin glistened under her lighting. She was skinny with muscle; she was a basketball player since Carley was 5'7".

Carley was cleaning around her blue walled room when it was time for dinner, No one spoke they ate their tasty pasta in silence. She put her dishes away and walked up the narrow stairs to lay in her comfy bed and think of what she will do in France first. It was big news to handle, so much emotion bottled inside her made cold water droplets fall down her soft cheeks. Crying didn’t mean she was sad though. It only met Carley had no idea what was really happening.