The Crush

Suprise

She was sitting on the couch when the call came through. She looked at the phone not knowing the number, then looked at the clock. She didn't expect it to be him. It wasn't even time for him to get out of school yet. She opened the phone, pressing it against her ear.

"Hello?" she said, seeming like more of a question, allowing the voice to enter her ears.

"Hey." he replied, boringly. She sat up in the couch.

"Zack?, What's wrong? Are you ok?" she asked. She heard him let out a sigh.

"Yeah. It's just these fucking guys. They're just being assholes." She positioned herself back into the couch where she was before.

"Mmm." she groaned, knowing exactly where he was coming from. She could hear the sound of passing cars and traffic. "Are you leaving?" she asked.

"Yeah. What are you doing?" he asked as he opened his car door.

"I'm just sitting around. Why, What's up?" He let out a long sigh.

"Can you meet me somewhere?" her eyes shot open wide. She wasn't expecting him to ask her that at all, let alone so soon. She swallowed hard.

"Yeah. Where do you want to meet?" he let out a sigh.

"Uh.. Meet me at the Sugar Shack. We can go for coffee. That seems to be cliche enough. Fucking coffee." he laughed, as did she.

"Ok. What time do you want to meet?" she asked. He could tell that he was thinking.

"Meet me there in about half an hour. Is that good with you?"

She shook her head, before realizing that he couldn't see her. "Yeah. That's great. I'll see you in a bit."

"Ok. I'll see you there." he said before hanging up the phone.

She got up off the couch and put her shoes on, before grabbing her purse and heading out the door.

It didn't take her long to get where she was going. When she got there, he was still sitting in his car. She walked over, as he rolled his window down.

"What's goin on? You coming in to get coffee or what?" He let out a sigh.

"I dunno." she let out a small laugh.

"That's what we came here for."

"I guess." she walked around to the passenger side and got in.

"Ok. Tell me what's wrong with you." she demanded. "I've never seen you like this before.
What's going on?" He looked at her with a blank look.

"Why did you come back?" she looked at him with a confused look.

"What did you want me to do?; Stay in another state with no job or income and no way to pay
for college?"

"That's not what I'm talking about. I'm talking about why did you come back to me? You
came back and brought back all these feelings that I had for you and all these memories
that we shared. I don't get it." She looked at him with a sympathetic look.

"I'm sorry." she stated, as she opened the door, making her way back to her car.

He sat and watched as she pulled out of the parking lot. he dropped his head into his
hands, somewhat, regretting what he had just said. He had called her there to talk to her
about what was bothering him. He shouldn't have gona off on her like that.

He let out a sigh as he quickly started his truck and pulled out in the direction that she had
gone in, following her.

It didn't take long to get back to her house. She got out of the car and started walking toward
the house when he pulled in behind her. She turned to him, wiping the tears from her face.

"What do you want, Zack?" she asked. "Haven't you said enough? I mean, I got the point."
He got out of his truck and walked over to her.

"Look, I'm sorry." he stated. "I didn't mean that the way that it came out." She looked up at
him with a curious look, waiting for him to explain. "I didn't mean to upset you."

"Well, you suck at compassion, Zack." she stated, crossing her arms over her chest. He let
out a sigh.

"I don't know what to do?" he said.

"Do about what?" she asked. "You called me down there just to fucking yell at me, Zack? I
mean, if that's all you were gonna do then why did you even fucking bother. I should have
never came to that school today?" He dropped his head.

"Yes, You should have." he stated. She slowly turned and looked at him.

"What are you trying to say?" she asked. He let out a sigh.

"When I saw you standing in the hallway, the first thing that came to my mind was, what the
hell you were doing there. then I hoped that it was for me, and all these memories started
flooding back. We shared so much together. It was just..."

"Yeah, We did." she stated, cutting him off. "Some of which you don't know about." he looked
at her with a confused look.

"What are you talking about?" he asked. She dropped her head, shaking it in the process.

"I had your baby, Zack." she said, trying to hold back the tears, praying that he wouldn't freak
out or leave.

"W-what?" he stammered.

"Yeah, Zack. She's 15 months old." He dropped his head, thinking of how to deal with this
situation, before realizing that there was only on way of dealing with it.

"What's her name? Where is she?"

"She's at my grandmother's house. Her name is Zoey Jade."

Zack took a step back, letting his back rest against the wall of the house. He didn't know
wether he wanted to see her or run. It didn't take him long to figure out what he had to do.

He knew he was in for a life altering decision that needed to be made. He was still a senior in high school and was about to take on the most important role he would ever have to play.

"I want to see her."
♠ ♠ ♠
Here's the 2nd chapter. I hope you like. Please comment.