Status: Done :)

Game Over

1/1

Kyle sat at the table with his two teammates. The flashing club lights and loud music enhanced the crazy atmosphere. People were dancing everywhere. Talking, more like shouting filled the place. It smelled of cigarettes, alcohol, and lust. He drank his shot, slamming it down.

“Victory shot, eh?” Galiardi laughed. It was rare for the boys to go out drinking.

“We beat the fucking Red Wings!” Stewart shouted and a few people answered with cheers. Girls were attracted to their table like a fly to honey, life seemed like it couldn’t get any better.

“Hey, 11 o’clock!” Galiardi shouted into Kyle’s ear and Kyle looked in that direction. Then, there she was.

Her black hair was curled around her porcelain face and her lips were painted a bright cherry red. The reds, pinks, and purples of the lights flashed across her face giving her even more color. Black sunglasses covered her eyes, the expensive type. A short black dress outlined her lusty figure. Black strappy heels made the average height female even taller. He watched her as she walked right past their table without even a glance. He could hear her shoes click against the floor and slowly get quieter as she left. She’d been there less than five minutes, yet she already had the attention of most of the people.

“Tonight’s the night.” Kyle said to himself and downed another shot. He’d been watching her for a while. She never came with anyone or socialized with many people. Other than short conversations, she was given space.

“Go get ‘em Road Runner.” Stewy said encouragingly. Kyle walked toward the bar, where she was talking with the bar tender. As he got closer the bar tender raised an eyebrow and she turned to face him.

“Hey.” Kyle smiled his girl getting smile at her.

“Bye.” She said giving him barely a glance and turning back to face the bar.

“Whoa there.” Kyle put his hands up defensively. “Just saying hi.”

“No need.” She turned back around to face him holding her drink. She began walking away. Kyle followed. “What?” she faced him abruptly.

“You want some company?” Kyle waited expectantly for the affirmative.

“No.” she peeked over the top of her glasses revealing bright, electric blue eyes.

“Someone meeting you?” he asked stunned by those eyes.

“No.” she glanced over his shoulder. Kyle’s eyes followed hers to the table he had sat at with Gali and Stewy. They were watching him with big smiles and a few goofy laughs. “Is this Q and A over? Go back to your buddies, kid.” She began walking again.

“Who are you calling a kid?”

“You obviously.” She shrugged and flashed him a cocky smile.

“Well you’re always here alone so I thought…”

“You’ve been watching me?” she leaned against the wall looking slightly annoyed.

“Everyone is.” Kyle watched her. What he could see of her face was scrunched up in annoyance and still she was beautiful. The colors flashed across her face and he could see his reflection in her glasses. “Anyway, I thought you might like a drinking partner, no one should ever drink alone.”

“I do.” She shrugged and smiled at his frustration. She had him and he knew it.

“Do you know who I am? Want to know that much?”
“Hon, I don’t care, but I do actually.” She laughed a little. She was winning this game.

“I’ve got you figured out.” Kyle smiled pulling his last card.

“You do, do you?” she acted surprised and wrapped her bright red lips around the equally red straw of her drink.

“Yeah.”

“So what about me?” she challenged. Kyle was not a stranger to a challenger or any type of pressure.

“You think highly of yourself, don’t you? You think you’re some kind of hot shit?”

“Ha! Funny boy.” She pushed past him with one hand on his shoulder.

“Yeah? Then what’s your reason to not dance or drink with anyone?” he followed her again.

“I’ve got my reasons.”

“You come to be seen.” Kyle walked faster to get in front of her.

“You got that second part right, hon.” She lowered the glasses to look at him. “The first is quite incorrect.”

“Then inform me.” Kyle cornered her against the wall with his arm. He looked her right in the eyes forcing her to look at him.

“Fine.” She smirked and raised her hand to his face, palm to her own. Bright red fingernails crowned her long fingers, but on her fourth finger was a huge rock. “Game over.” She pushed past him again.

“Fuck.” He muttered and watched her walk away. “Who?” he asked his last question.

Looking over shoulder, giving him one last glance she said, “Ask your locker room.”
♠ ♠ ♠
:) Loved writing it!