Ghost Adventures: New Beginnings

Two Ghost Hunting Girls Wanted

Sitting down at the desk to upload some video footage from earlier in the week as well as pulling up the Internet window, I plugged one of the two digital recorders that Nikkie and I used when we went to the Wyoming Frontier Prison. We had gotten some good evidence in the time we were there.

Sighing I started the uploading process to the film editing software. While that was loading I pulled up YouTube and looked at the GAC crew’s channel and saw a new video. I clicked it after reading the title of the video, Looking for Ghost Hunting Girls!!! After a few seconds of buffering the video started. Of course I laughed when I saw the guys messing around and starting it up as a Vlog.

“Alright. Aaron’s Vlog. We just got some down time between interviews and the lock down tonight, where we have about an hour before the sun totally sets and we can actually start our investigation.” Zak’s face showed in the camera, his voice soft as he looked around and then back to the camera.

“At the moment Nick and Isaac are off finishing setting up base and we’re going to play a prank on them.” He said smirking into the camera. He turned to start walking before turning back and chuckling softly, shaking his head.

“Oh yeah, about the title to this Vlog. You are all probably wondering about it. Right? Right. Well we are looking for two and only two girls.” He said holding up two fingers, still talking softly.

“We want you girls to send us a video through twitter, to the travel channel there will be a link, or link it to us on facebook. One of the three. But in the video, you need to explain to us or show us why it should be you joining our team.” Zak then turned around and grabbed a bag and pulled the few fake spiders out of it. Smirking when he saw Aaron cringe. He turned and headed silently into the building and to where their base was. His black shirt with red and grey designs on it just about blending into the shadows of the hallway.

I couldn’t believe what I was hearing. I continued to watch, wanting to finish the video before calling Nikkie into the room.

Zak grinned when he saw both Nick and Isaac’s backs were towards the doorway and motioned Aaron to silently follow him. Slowly Zak crept into the room behind them, once in range, he quickly set one spider on Nick’s shoulder and two spiders on Isaac’s, one on each. They were completely unsuspecting to anything. They hadn’t even moved a little when the spiders were placed on their shoulders.

“Hey Nick can you han-” Isaac looked toward him which his eye caught a little shape on his right shoulder. He looked completely at what it was and as soon as he realized there was a spider on his shoulder he swatted it away as he jumped back. “What the hell?!” He yelled. Nick looked at him and that’s when he noticed a spider on his own shoulder. He too swatted it off as he jumped back several times only to hit his shoulder against the wall.

When Isaac moved to look at the spider on the ground the other one slid off his shoulder which made him jump again and trip backwards, falling on his side as he tried to turn to catch himself. “What the fuck?” He looked around to find Zak and Aaron doubled over as they laughed. “Oh my God, you guys suck so much right now.” Nick was rubbing his shoulder as he shook his head trying not to laugh but it was harder than it looked. “You two better be careful. I swear I’m going to get you both back and I’m going to make sure I get it on film.”

“You only think so.” Zak said through laughter before turning back to the camera and guided it to his face. “So send us your videos of why and we will pick the two winners in a week’s time and post that video on the GAC Website. Vlog OUT!”

And with that the YouTube video came to an end. I was just staring at the screen for a few minutes before grinning like mad.

“NIKKIE! GET IN HERE!” I called out loudly as I continued to look at the screen, only putting the video back to the beginning and pausing it to wait for her. As I waited, I quickly checked the video upload progress, smirking, knowing that would be part of our video to them. I clicked back to the window when she walked into the room giving me a weird look.

“Watch this.” I said sitting her down in the seat I was just in, leaned over her shoulder and hit play. I then watched, repeating a few parts as it went, having remembered it. Nikkie rested an elbow on the desk letting her chin fall into an open hand as her eyes stayed glued to the computer screen. She looked uninterested at first, but then her eyes became wide. She suddenly latched onto my shirt giving me a slight shake. “We have to do that! Now!”

During the day we worked at a grocery store which wasn’t very entertaining and at night we were ghost hunters. Nikkie had introduced it to me, since I’d only ever watched shows on television. As soon as I joined her for a ghost hunt though, I was hooked. Seeing her reaction was anything but unexpected. “Do you know how great that would be?” She questioned, “I can finally meet Isaac. Ever since he joined the crew last year I’ve had the biggest crush on him. Then you can finally meet Zak. Though I’d refrain from raping him on the spot.” She smirked at me as she looked back at the screen watching the rest of the video. I stuck my tongue out at her once she was looking back at the screen and then spoke along with Zak again.

She laughed but frowned slightly when Isaac and Nick were pranked. “Aw, that’s so mean! Yet it’s funny. I would have laughed after asking him if he were okay. Well, get the video edited and then we’ll set up our camera and record ourselves telling them why we should. I just have to go fix my hair.” She smiled at the computer screen before getting up and rushing off to her bedroom.

I rolled my eyes and chuckled before minimizing the window before going into the editing software. I started to work on the one I had just uploaded while plugging in the other camera. Only the two recorders needed to be added on after to save them.

I worked on the video editing for a good hour and a half before I was satisfied. I had it edited, certain points enhanced and others replayed to show points over. I saved it and then got up to go change and quickly do my hair. Once I had changed into a nicer pair of jeans and a sinful shirt as well as put in my tongue ring, I walked back out and pulled Nikkie to the computer and sat her down again.

“Watch the edited version of this and let me know what you think. If you like it all we need is the introduction part that leads into this and why we should be part of the team.” I said as I started the edited version.

Nikkie crossed one leg over the other as she watched. She’d tilt her head to one side at certain parts as if she were trying to get a better listen. Her head would even nod a few times as if she were listening to someone talk and was acknowledging that. When the video finally finished she swept her brown hair between both ears like she always did when she approved of something. “Good job. Didn’t think we had that much material.”

I clicked my tongue ring and grinned. “Awesome, now all we need to do is set up the tripod and shoot our opening sequence, load that up, add it on and a few sounds to that, and then send it in.” I was grinning like a fool.

Once she nodded I pulled out the nicer camera we only used on the tripod and set it up and turned it on and stood there with Nikkie before starting. “Hey Ghost Adventures Crew. I’m Sarah, and this is Nikkie. We saw your video about entering to become two of your crew. We just got done putting together the footage we want to show you that we captured on our own lock down earlier this week.” I said then looked to Nikkie.

Nikkie waved at the camera, “Earlier on we went to a location called Wyoming Frontier Prison, which is located in Rawlins, Wyoming. We managed to capture some really great footage. We’ve been ghost hunting ourselves for about a year now. We’ve been doing pretty well actually. We know that if you choose us to join your crew, we could definitely draw out even more spirits. Plus we really enjoy your show and would love to see the places that you guys go to. We really do hope that you will consider us and if we don’t, we will still continue what we’ve been doing and uploading our videos onto the Internet for others.”

I stepped forwards and turned the camera off, and pulled it into the computer. Once it was uploaded I edited it as quickly as I could while making it look good, and put it at the beginning of the video and then played it. Once we finished watching it through I opened up the YouTube sight and posted in a reply comment our video and then opened up a tab to the Travel Channel website and looked for the link and after a few moments had it sent in. I then turned and grinned at Nikkie. “Now we wait.”