Book of Me & You

20 questions

"What the hell am I going to wear?" I yelled at my closet, frustrated and unsatisfied with all my clothes.

"Who are you talking to?" Caitlyn leaned against my open bedroom door, shoving a fork-full of lasagna our Mom made us for lunch, into her mouth.

"I have nothing to wear." I sighed, pushing around more hangers.

"I'm sure that's impossible. All you ever do is work so you can make money to buy clothes; you have plenty to wear." She rolled her eyes and sat on my bed, still eating.

"I know, but I feel like nothing is cute enough." I continued my search, this time looking through my drawers. "I don't even know where he's taking me!"

"Probably somewhere secluded so he can rape you!" Caitlyn held back her laughter, amusing herself with her own joke.

"Very funny, I'm sure he's not like that." I shoved the drawer closed with a heavy sigh, going back to my closet.

"Uh huh," she swallowed the last piece of lasagna. "Why don't you wear that new dress you bought the other day? The black one."

"Oh! The Dorothy Perkins one, yes!" I pulled out the black tiered dress from my closet and threw it onto my bed, looking around for something else to wear with it. "Thanks, Cait."

"No problem," she got up to leave my room, but before she did she turned to me and said, "And remember, ate: No means yes." She gave me a wink and walked out my room laughing hysterically.

I rolled my eyes before grabbing my towel, decided to take a quick shower before getting ready.

&&&

"Ready?" John asked as I opened my front door.

"Uh huh," I closed and locked the door behind me as we walked down my driveway together to an unfamiliar old, beaten white pickup truck. "I thought you drove a BMW?" I chuckled slightly from the drastic change of automobile.

"Oh, that was my Dad's car. This," he leaned against the truck, petting the roof of it. "Is my pride and joy."

"I'm into it." I smiled and laugh some more before following him into the car. "So, where are we going?" I surpressed a laugh as I thought about the joke my sister made earlier, thinking about how now was an appropriate time to actually find the joke funny.

"Well," he started the car and checked the time on the dashboard that read 8:02 am. "I haven't had breakfast yet, so let's start with that? Unless you ate already."

I shook my head and smiled, "Breakfast is great."

John put the car in drive and pulled out of his driveway. The radio hooked up to his white iPod video played songs on shuffle. The opening chords of "Rockin' In The Free World" by Neil Young played low from the speakers as I sang along quietly.

"You like Neil Young?" He chuckled in my direction.

I blushed, mostly because he had caught me singing. "Yup."

"I like you already."

John continued driving and we carried on with our conversation about music, until he pulled up at a Denny's.

"What'll you have?" John asked, peering over the tall menu.

"Uh, I don't know yet."

"Can I start you off with some drinks?" The much older waitress asked when she approached our booth.

"Just a water, please." I smiled at her.

"I'll have an iced tea." John said.

"Okay. And are you ready to order?" Said the sassy waitress as she shifted her weight from one foot to the other.

"Hm. Can I have the All-American Slam?" I closed the menu and handed it to her.

She nodded, "And you?"

"I'll take the Ultimate Omelette." Again she nodded and collected the menus from our table before walking off. "So, tell me about yourself." John inquired, folding his hands together to rest his chin on while his elbows sat on the table.

I rose one of my eyebrows, making a strange face and chuckled. "What is there to know?"

He shrugged, "Would you prefer if we played 20 Questions?"

"Okay," I slid the glass of water our waitress, Judy, set down on our table closer to me and took a sip of the agua through the straw. "You first."

"Fine," he smiled. "Do you have a boyfriend?"

I was taken back a little, and maybe even blushed slightly. "What kind of question is that?"

"Too personal?" He asked.

"No, but not the first question I was expecting." I assured him.

"So then answer it." He smiled.

"No I don't, haven't had one in a while." He pursed his lips and nodded in understandment.

"Your turn." He grinned.

"What's the name of your band?"

This time, John was the one with a shocked expression. But before he had a chance to answer, Judy was back with our food. We thanked her and dug in.

"How do you know I'm in a band?" John asked after his first bite of the omelette.

"Ah, ah, ah. You can't answer my question with a question." I told him before taking a bite of my own breakfast.

"You did the same with my question." He challenged. "But, we're called The Maine."

"The Maine? Why does that sound so familiar?" I stared off in space trying to figure out where I recognized that name.

"Maybe you listen to Ivory? We got the name from one of their songs." John helped to analyze.

"No, that's not it." I looked deep into his green eyes, as if the answers were somewhere within them. "Oh! The Maine! My sister loves your band!" I snapped my fingers thinking of lyrics, a song title, anything that I could remember my sister ramble about. "Something about making you feel like shit, right?" John laughed, probably the hardest I've ever seen anyone laugh before. He almost had tears in his eyes. "That's right, right?" I frowned, hoping I didn't get the lyrics wrong, because that would've been embarrassing.

"No," his laughter died down as he wiped the corner of his eyes. "You're right, that's right. It's just, the faces that you made and your reaction when you figure it out, it was cute."

"Thanks." I blushed for what seemed like the dozenth time since I met John. Before him, I wasn't aware I was capable of blushing. It was like every comment John made towards me caused all the blood to rush to my cheeks.

And I couldn't complain.
♠ ♠ ♠
Outfit

Kind of a shit update. Comments and subscribe, anyone?