That's right, we're Superheroes, Love Us!

Waiting

I looked up into the sky and then back down at my watch again. She was supposed to be meeting me here, she was meant to arrive 20 minutes ago! I was beginning to get impatient with her. I jumped as I felt a hand on my shoulder, I smiled broadly.

I spun around but as soon as I set eyes on who was stood in front of me, my grin fell. It wasn’t who I had been waiting for, it was Light Strike.
“Hiya Skeleton!” she greeted me.
I forced a smile.
“Hey Light Strike,” I told her.
“What’s up? You don’t look happy to see me,” Light frowned.
“I…I am but I was really just waiting for Ginger,” I told her.
Light’s frown dropped even more.
“What is it with her?! You’re obsessed with her, I swear!” she shouted.
I cringed remembering that my mum had said the exact same thing to me only a few hours ago.
“I’m not,” I mumbled and turned around to look for Ginger Mist again. My eyes scanned the Manchester sky line looking for anything that could give her away. After 5 minutes Light began to get impatient and started to shuffle on her feet.
“Stop it!” I shouted at her.
“God! Calm down, I’m just sick of waiting for that fucker, Ginger Mist, to show up!” she shouted back to me.
“I am not a fucker,” a calm and measured voice said from beside me. I jumped only slightly but Light nearly jumped right out of her purple knee high boots. I turned my head to smile up at Ginger, who was a good head taller than me. She smiled back down at me.
“Hey Skell,” she whispered and kissed my check fondly.
Ginger then straightened up and glared at Light.
“S..sorry, I was just tired and you are never on time!” light narrowed her eyes at Ginger.
“Well, I’m sorry if I actually have a life and a job apart from this, unlike you who just sits on her arse all day!” Ginger shouted.
“Whoa! Whoa! Calm down both of you! What use is a superhero team who are always jumping at each other’s thoughts?!” I almost screamed at them, making to two look at me wide eyed. I did have a point though. They were always fighting with each other. It was really starting to get on my nerves. Although the world will probably end when the do get on. Well, with that sorted out, time to get on with some actual superheroing.
♠ ♠ ♠
tell me what you think xx