Wolf's Love: Taking Away Juliet

Act 5, scene 2

Act 5, scene 2, good to you

As I climbed down to get ready to go home I extended my arms out to Jessica. As she jumped down she fell into me, ending up in my arms. She looked up and stared deeply into my eyes as she moved in getting closer with each second. Yet I couldn’t do it I pulled away not even aware of my own problem.

“I’m sorry,” she muttered really fast, looking down at the snowy ground.

“No, you shouldn’t be sorry,” I started. “It’s me who should be sorry; I’m just fucked up right now. I wish I could give you a better answer then that but…”

“I understand,” she interrupted her head still staring at the ground.

“Look Jessica,” I tried to explain

“Poor Jessica,” a voice seemingly came from nowhere. “Poor, poor Jessica. Even her Ulfric doesn’t want her.” I looked at Jessica to see she had gone completely tense.

“Who’s there!?” I screamed at the top of my lungs. “Either show yourself or leave us alone.”

“But where’s the fun in that?” the voice said sadistically. “It’s more fun to keep my victims guessing until they’re dead.” As the voice finished something hit me from behind sending me to the ground. I felt a small body on top of me sending its fists into the back of my head. I heard a quick scream and then the body was gone. I stood up quickly to see a short dark kid who had to be about 15 to 16 years of age holding Jessica up by the throat.

I quickly jumped up and grabbed the kid from behind. The shock of my hands caused him to let go of Jessica and drop her to the ground. I span around using all my strength to spin him around and throw his body easily across the field. His body flipped in the air as he landed on his feet like a cat. The snow flew up around him coating his body in a blinding storm. I immediately helped Jessica up and put her behind me to protect her.

“I knew she would go to you eventually,” the mystery man said from behind his cloud of snow. The frozen water began to fall slowly around him revealing his face. I immediately noticed his dark brown eyes, his slick black hair and the look of vengeance deep in his eyes.

“Mark?” I questioned confused. But that’s impossible he’s dead. I killed him myself. I thought to myself.

“No you stupid fool,” he screamed at me. “My name is Zachary Redman.” At that moment memories flashed in my head like a river breaking a dam. The picture of little Zachary gripping onto his father flooded my mind.

“Zack!” Jessica yelled out from behind me.

“Shut up you whore!” Zack screamed from across the field. Jessica immediately hid behind me again.

“What do you want Zack?” I questioned, lowering my stance and readying myself for in attack.
“You killed my brother, and in turn made me kill our whole pack.” He put his head down in shame. His shame quickly turned to rage as he screamed at us. “What the hell do you think I want?” He started to slowly pace towards us as he continued. “For as long as I can remember I have followed this bitch around in secret knowing that eventually one day she would find you, she would run back to you.” An evil chuckle escaped his lips. “I was right, but it has definitely been too long.”

“You can’t really blame that on him!” Jessica screamed from behind me again. “He was as against that battle as any of us were. But our pack was fucked up. The lot of them were fucked up and we were just impressionable kids you can’t really-”

“I said shut up.” You could see the frustration rising up inside of Zack. I knew if this didn’t end soon Zack would soon have more power then anybody in the city could handle.

“Alright let’s do this,” I said letting my coat drop off my body and starting towards him.

“That’s more like it,” Zack said excitedly, picking up his pace.

“You can’t be serious,” Jessica’s worried voice came from behind me. I closed my eyes, saw the wolf, and ran towards it the last thing I heard before jumping into the wolf was Jessica cry out.

“Alex no!”