Wolf's Love: Taking Away Juliet

Act 0, Scene 0,

Act, 0 scene 0, Death and Life

I woke up to see the full moon above my head. I couldn’t move my body at all. Everything hurt, the pain coursing through my body felt like a million little needles stabbing at my skin. My couch felt inviting compared to this. I forced myself to turn my head to see what had happened. Blood smeared the ground it looked like someone had tried to paint with his blood. The tree in the centre of the sanctuary had been ripped out and was placed across the field and had broken a hole through the bushy entrance and knocked down a couple of the trees in the surrounding area. I noticed body parts had been scattered around me. I just hoped they weren’t Jessica’s. I forced myself to turn my head the other way to see Jessica’s lifeless body lying there in the snow only a few feet away from me. I used all the strength I had to force myself to roll over and drag across the snow but it hurt I felt myself sliding across the icy ground but each slid felt like sandpaper running against my naked stomach. I had almost closed the distance between us before the rims of my sight went black again. I kept moving forward. Only a few more feet. I kept telling myself to keep me going but with each movement of my arm it felt like a fire was burning my skin. I pushed the ground in an attempt to get up but as soon as I reached my feet the ground slipped underneath me and I found myself in the snow an arms length away from her. I reached and stretched for what felt like forever until all I could see was darkness.