Wolf's Love: Taking Away Juliet

Act 1, Scene 1,

Act 1, scene 1, Alice is Dead

I lied on the purple couch residing in our living room, staring up at the blank white roof. The sun was shooting in from the window and blinding me. The cushions underneath me felt like needles piercing into my back. My mouth was dryer than a drying machine. I attempted to sit up but was stopped by my brother’s hand.

“Alex, stay down. You used a lot of energy last night. It’s better if you take it easy for a bit.” His worries aggravated me. But his concerns were coupled with an offer of Pepsi, so I stayed on the needled couch. “The things you do for chicks,” he chuckled as he continued, “how many girls can say there boyfriend went out and killed a bear after they broke up?” I shrugged off his joke as I sat up and broke open the blue can he had placed on the table. “Come on man, you know I am just kidding.” He gave me a friendly pat on the back but received a cold, hard stare. “Sorry, too soon I guess.” His tone seemed defensive. I immediately regretted giving him such a crappy thank you for helping me. But before I could even apologize, he continued. “So anyways, I ran into Jessica. Don’t ask me how, but she knows. And she’s worried. And-”

“Let me guess Jake, she’s coming over,” I interrupted.

“Yeah, she sort of just invited herself,” Jake said with a devious smile. “I have to go pick up my bike from the shop. Then I am going to go grab a bite to eat, maybe even catch a movie, who knows?” I could see into his mind by now. I knew what he was doing. “Leave you two alone.” He gave me a meaningful smile as he put his coat on and started to leave.

“I know what you’re thinking,” I yelled as he started out the door, “it’s not going to work like that.” The door slammed shut as I let myself drop down to the couch and smacked my head against the hard headrest. Why the hell do they make couches like this? I thought to myself as I rubbed my temples. I blame Jake; another thought shot through my head.

He is a good kid for the most part; he is like any other 19-year-old kid should be. Living the party life jumping from chick to chick, living up his good years, even through being a Lycan and losing our parents, I have always been worried. Maybe the party lifestyle he lived was to mask his pain. And me? Since I was 16, I had been with a girl named Adrianna. Well, until last night. And the break up almost killed me. Literally, Lycans are not supposed to grow to that size or strength, it takes a lot to get to that and it also takes a lot more out of you. I shut my eyes, thinking of last night; how easily the bear had been taken down. I would not have been able to do that normally. I guess part of me was hoping it would just end me there. I could picture the bear’s face in my mind’s eye. Its pained eyes shot through my head and made me feel remorseful for my actions. Poor thing didn’t do anything wrong
♠ ♠ ♠
second chapter hitting the first act