Wolf's Love: Taking Away Juliet

Act 1, Scene 5,

Act 1, scene 5, Nightmare

I stood, elevated on a platform surrounded by a cage, looking out at Jessica’s younger figure looking in at me worriedly. “Be safe Alex.” She gripped onto the chained fence that separated us, her blue eyes pierced through me like a silver gunshot. I turned to my right to see a small, 8 year old Jake gripping a man who stayed surrounded in the darkness. I could hear his voice chime out of the darkness ever so slightly.

“Remember your training and you will do just fine.” The platform startled me as it began to descend. I looked across the field to see a small, dark boy and his father looking down at the circle. I saw dirt and blood mixed into the ground, how many people have died here before me? I thought to myself as the platform hit the ground. I looked across to see the platform on the other side descend and reveal my opponent. He was at least a head taller then me with pitch black eyes, his dark skin blended into the shadows behind him.

“This is the final round,” I heard a voice boom from seemingly nowhere as the crowd cheered in excitement. “This next contest to the death will determine our Ulfric and the mate to our newly declared Lupa, Jessica Airmeda.” The crowd echoed with “woos” and chants. I turned my head just in time to see Jessica take a seat beside her mom, just above us. The next Lupa was given the best seat so she could see her future husband in battle.

“Introducing first from the Lucios family: Alexander.” The roar of excitement died a bit when my name was called. The silence made my nerves start going as the booming voice came back. “And, introducing from the Redmen family: Mark!” The cheers came back at the sound of Mark’s name. His father was the current Ulfric’s son and I was only the Bolverk and the Eir’s son, so this did not surprise me. Mark and I met in the centre of the circle.
♠ ♠ ♠
a little bit of his history more to come in the next one.