Her Soul To Keep

chapter 1

"MUDBLOOD!" Lucius Malfoy bellowed, striding into the kitchens. The house elves, who had stopped their preparation of dinner at the sound of his footsteps, began working hastily once more, not wanting to be caught misbehaving.

Hermione sighed and turned around to face him. "Yes?"

"How dare you take that tone with me!?" he snarled. Grabbing a fist full of her bushy hair, he jerked her face up to look at him. "I could kill you right now, you filthy little Mudblood. I could do things to you that even the man with the strongest of stomachs wouldn't be able to watch. Now, is that really what you want?"

"No...sir," she mumbled.

He jerked her head back further, causing her to whimper in pain. "I can't hear you, Mudblood."

"No sir!" she exclaimed, tears springing to her eyes.

I won't let him see me cry. I won't give him that satisfaction

He smirked and dragged her roughly up the stairs into the empty dining room.

"Wait here and don't touch anything," he ordered, and swept out of the room before she had a chance to respond.

She glared sourly down at her reflection in the polished wooden floor. Today had been hell. She had been escorted to the Malfoy Manor earlier that afternoon by a group of snatchers who didn't seem to know how to keep their hands to themselves, before she was forced to kneel at Lucius's feet as he announced that she was now their "property" as he went explaining various rules and the consequences if they were broken.

Thank God I haven't had to see Malfoy yet. I hope it stays like that. Stupid git, he would just love to see this, a "Mudblood" in their rightful place. Ugh, he makes me sick.

She jumped as Lucius strode back into the room, followed by none other than Draco Malfoy. She gulped. Just her luck.

Hermione felt her palms begin so sweat and she tried to wipe them on her tattered robes without attracting any attention but Lucius had caught her.

"Nervous, Mudblood?" he laughed, mocking her. She didn't respond, knowing he could sense her fear. "As you should be. Now, it has been decided that you are to be Draco's personal slave. You are to do what he wishes, whatever that might be."

"No!" she shouted. She quickly realised her mistake and clapped her hand over her mouth, but it was too late.

"Excuse me? What did you just say?" Lucius hissed, stepping toward her menacingly. Malfoy leaned back against the wall casually, taking in the events unfolding before him and smirking at the terrified look on Hermione's face.

"Nothing, sir,." she whispered, staring at the floor once more, waiting for him to strike her. But the blow never came.

"Draco, seeing as she is yours now, why don't you take care of her punishment? I have other matters to attend to, but I'll see to it later that you've dealt with her thoroughly."

She looked up in horror. Malfoy grinned and pushed himself away from the wall. "It will be my pleasure, Father, and don't worry. She will be taken care of."

Lucius left without another word. Draco strode over to Hermione, who was glaring furiously at him.

"Well, well, well, if it isn't Mudblood Granger. How does it feel to not have Potty and Weasel backing you up?"

"Shut up Malfoy," she scowled at him.

"Excuse me?" he asked quietly. She couldn't tell if he was angry or not; she really didn't care at the moment. She had too many feelings bottled up and was sick of biting her tongue.

"I said, 'shut up, Malfoy,' " she repeated. "Can't you even understand basic English?"

His eyes narrowed as grabbed her by the wrist and jerked her forward, so that her body was pressed against his. He leaned down and whispered in her ear,"I look forward to breaking your spirit, Granger. I knew you would be feisty when you got here, but I swear to God, if you ever speak to me like that again, I'll - "

"What, Malfoy? Tell Voldemort I wouldn't be your pathetic little pet?" She knew she had crossed a line, but it was too late to take back her words.

His eyes darkened and he shoved her from him with all his force. She hit the wall behind her and sank to the floor as Malfoy towered over her.

"How dare you say the Dark Lord's name? You filthy Mudblood. You aren't worthy to lick the dirt off his shoes! How dare you even have the nerve to utter his name? You should be killed, and you would be if I told my father. Do you want that, Mudblood?"

She shook her head.

"I didn't hear you, Mudblood. Do you want me to tell my father and have you slaughtered?"

"No," she mumbled, looking down at her knees. One had a large graze across it and fresh blood was beginning to appear at the surface.

Malfoy reached down and grabbed her by the scruff of her neck, holding her so that she had to stand on the tips of her toes. "No, what?"

"No, sir," she whispered, and he dropped her.

"On second thought, I'd prefer you call me Master."

She stared at him. He couldn't be serious!

"I'm waiting, Granger."

"Yes, Master," she muttered furiously.

He smirked and pulled out his wand. Flicking it at Hermione, a long silver chain flew from the end of it and snaked itself around her neck like a leash. She stared at him, appalled,

"Is this necessary?"

He grinned. "I think so. You apparently don't know how to control yourself. I'll let you off once you learn how to behave. Now, follow me."

She muttered angrily at him but he ignored her, yanking on the chain violently as he walked out of the room. She decided that she'd rather follow him rather than be choked.

He lead her up a set of magnificent marble stairs and swiftly down a long corridor. The door opened for him as he approached.

Wow. He is so pathetic that he can't even open his own door.

Malfoy shut the door behind them, and flicked his wand towards it. Hermione heard the lock click into place, and turned around in shock.

"What are you-," she began, but he had disappeared through a door to her left. She decided it was in her best interest not to follow, and chose instead, to admire his room. Not wanting to chance moving and having the chain choke her, she turned on the spot, taking in everything.

There was one wall completely dedicated to shelves of books, most of which looked like they had never been touched. The rest of the walls were covered in a dark green silk. Beside her was a large four poster canopy bed draped in black, matching the curtains that hung around the large bay window that was next to an ornate writing desk made of a dark wood.

Malfoy cleared his throat loudly, causing her to jump.

"Like what you see, Granger? Has to be better than that tilting pile of trash that Weasel calls a home."

She could feel the heat rising in her cheeks but bit her tongue. She didn't need any more trouble tonight.

"Ahh, Mudblood's learned a little self control," he snickered, and made his way across the room to sit on the edge of his bed.

He pointed to a spot on the floor directly in front of him. "Here. Now."

She walked over to him and waited for further instructions. His lip curled.

"On your knees, Granger."

She looked at him incredulously. "You can't be serious?"

"Do I look like I'm joking? Now, get on your knees and don't make me tell you again."

She sank down to her knees unwillingly, keeping her eyes on the floor. She felt pathetic, pleading like a beggar on her knees in front of Malfoy.

"It's time you learned your place, Mudblood."
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you all for reading!
comment&subscribe!
XD
I give cookies! (not really) lol

thanks to dru's underwear. for the layout :)