Status: Active but Slow(:

Escaping.

001

I knew running away from my problems wasn’t going to make them disappear, no they’d stick with me for as long as I was alive, always there taunting me, reminding me of everything. Though that didn’t stop me from running, I knew that I was leaving everyone who actually meant something to me, leaving them in the unknown, to find out for themselves that I was no longer in my home, no longer in Phoenix, no longer in Arizona State, with no idea where I was headed I just kept going and accepted the first place I came across, hoping a new start and a new life would work out for me, like giving me a second chance of being happy.

After a few hours of constant driving, I finally caught sight of a sign which read Welcome to Denver. I guess Denver will be my new home. Looking at the clock on the dashboard of my car, it was 4am, checking into a hotel may be a good idea. When I finally came across a suitable hotel, I parked my car in the parking lot out front, I didn’t have much luggage, just a small suitcase filled with the main necessities. I locked the car door before heading through the entrance, and up to the front desk, where a tallish man was stood, he was dressed in a navy suite, which a gold name tag that read ‘Tyler’, he had short brown hair, which was spiked up a little, he looked fairly young I would guess around twenty five. He gave a friendly smile as I approached the desk.

“Hello ma’m, can I be of any service?” he asked politely with a grin that showed off his perfectly straight pearly teeth.

“Hey, yes, could I please book a room for the week?” I replied softly.

“Sure thing” he smiled yet again… I swear this guy will get stuck like that if the wind decides to change “You’re name ma’m?”

“Dakota Brooks”

“Lovely name” he spoke as he typed the details into the computer that was in front of him.

“Thank-You” I blushed feeling the heat rushing up into my cheeks.

“That’s alright, can I ask why a lovely girl such as yourself is doing here?” he asked wonderingly.

“Long story, I really don’t want to talk about it” I replied.

“I understand” he said as he went to grab a key from behind him.

When he came back, he gave me the key and I handed him the money for the room, which surprisingly he didn’t accept.

“Please, I don’t normally do this, but you have something going on, I take it you came here to escape, so this is on me, I know how you feel” he softly spoke.

I just nodded my head and muttered a thank you before heading towards the lift, reading the number on the key I finally found my room.

The room was decent, a double bed stood in the centre of the room, a small bathroom to the left of the door I had just walked through. A yawn escaped from my mouth, I had been driving all night near enough, I headed towards the bed before shedding my clothes, leaving me in just a top and panties. I crawled into bed and under the soft warm sheets. It had been a long day and no doubt tomorrow won’t be any better. I let my thoughts drift, remember how James and I would cuddle up together in bed, back when we were still best friends. The thought of not being able to do that anymore saddened me, though it would no longer matter to me or him, he was engaged to the one person who I despised. He had his chance, he chose her over me, his best friend for so many long years, for her, someone he had literally known for five minutes. It made my blood boil. Maybe one day he will realise what he’d done, what he missed out on, but until then, he is nothing to me nor am I anything to him. A silent tear escaped from the corner of my eye, knowing for the millionth time I’ll be crying myself to sleep, yet again.
♠ ♠ ♠
New story, hope you like.

Comment&&Subscribe

Thank-You