Status: Active but Slow(:

Escaping.

003

James Continued…

When I got back to the apartment, I was greeted with a scowl from Mandy who was stood in the lounge doorway.

“Where the hell have you been?” she asked irritated.

I shut the door gently behind me, before turning around to face her. I couldn’t tell her I had gone to Dakota’s because she’d probably have a hissy fit or something.

“I went out for a walk, alright” I lied.

“You could have left a note or something, I was worried sick, thought you had gone to see that bitch Dakota” she spoke softly but at the end she just sounded like a pure bitch.

I just shook my head as I pushed past her into the lounge and slumping into the chair that was in the corner of the room. Dakota’s disappearance still playing on my mind, I knew that it was mostly my fault that she had gone, runaway from everything that was hurting her, myself included. She would never have left if I hadn’t of abandoned her, leaving her all alone to fend for herself, and I was supposed to have been her best friend? I don’t even deserve that title anymore. I promised her that I would never leave her, that I’d always be there to stop her from falling to pieces, to protect her from her cold hearted parents. I knew the only possibility of having her in my life again would be to bring her home, but where would I start? She could be anywhere in this state, or worse another state or even worse than that she could have left the country. My heart fell into my stomach, there was a possibility of never seeing my best friend again. I didn’t want that to happen, I don’t want to lose her because of my stupidity. I knew I couldn’t go look for her yet, I need to find evidence of where she could be, plus I was getting married in under a week… then Mandy and I would be starting our honeymoon/road trip of the States, starting with Denver, Colorado, though I doubt I’d be able to have fun, knowing Dakota being out there on her own, no money. I shook my head of any negative and disturbing thoughts of what could happen, I needed to stay positive for any hope of her being okay.

Dakota

I was currently walking the busy streets of Denver, the warm sun high in the sky, which automatically brought a smile to my face. I loved the sun, it’s bright with a beautiful warm colour, it put me in the happiest moods. Bringing myself from out of the clouds, I walked past a coffee shop, I didn’t know what it was until I smelt the delicious smell of fresh coffee that filled the air around me, deciding I could deserve a treat, I walked into the small, modern coffer shop and walked up to the counter. Though the idea of coffee soon left my mind when I saw a job advertisement on the wall behind, a smile sneaking onto my lips, this would do perfectly, especially if I needed money for an apartment.

“Can I help you dear?” an old women asked.

“Um, yes I was wondering about the vacancy you have?” I asked sweetly.

She smiled.

“No one has applied yet, you would be the first, can you do an interview now?” she asked me.

“Yes, that would be great” I beamed.

“Okay, that’s good, follow me m’dear”

I followed her behind the counter to a small room out back, she ushered me to take a seat in front of her.

“I’m Mrs Cast, but please call me Sue, What‘s you‘re name sweetie?” she smiled as I sat down.

“I’m Dakota”

The interview I thought was going really well, until she asked me that question.

“Why do you want this job, Dakota?” she asked

I sighed, I knew I couldn’t lie, I had to be honest about the whole thing, tears were escaping a little from my eyes, I didn’t want any sympathy or anything like it would get me the job, because I wasn’t like that. She gave me sympathetic eyes before I spoke.

“I runaway from home, I know that makes me sound like an idiot, but- but my parents hit me, the only person who knew, who cared left me alone, I had no choice but to leave, I have little money and I thought if I got a job I would be able to rent an apartment or something” I sniffled.

“Oh deary, that is awful” she spoke softly, pulling me into a hug “a girl of you’re age alone, I don’t like that one bit, can I offer you a place to stay until you get on you’re feet? I know you’ve only just met me and that I am you’re boss”

“That would be so kind of you, but I don’t want to be a pest…boss? Does that mean I got the job?” I asked a little excitedly.

“You would not be a pest, I insist you stay with me and my grandson Taylor, yes deary, you have the job, you deserve it more than anyone” she smiled at me.

“Thank-you, I really appreciate that, and for the job, I’m glad someone understands” I smiled back.

“You can start work now sweetie, then you can come home with me, where have you been staying? I’ll take you there to grab you’re stuff” she asked me politely.

“I think it’s called The St Patrick Hotel? And that’s great thank -you”

"Oh my grandson works there, he works the night shift"

Tyler worked at the hotel? Was he the Tyler than checked me in when i arrived last night?
♠ ♠ ♠
Update...no comments? :( Is this story not good enough? I thought it was going good. Should i delete it?

Thank-you to that one subscriber!

Comment&Subscibe; Thank-You