Status: Finished, and eagerly awaiting your opinions!

Just A Dream, Just A Game...

1/1

And I ask you 'What is the point of this?' As blood splatters my skin, as a masked gunman finds his target.

And you giggle- you giggle- amongst the carnage. You point, you laugh...and you whisper so soft I have to lean in to hear it. “There is no point. It's just fun and games and madness and...oh.”

You've been hit. You've been hit and you're going down and fading fast.

"Oh" you say, looking down at the blood spilling out of your chest and onto the concrete.

Oh, like you've been killed in a video game: not real life. Like it's just a minor inconvenience to you.

Drip, drip, drip...

It's so red, so bright red.

And I'm screaming, I'm shouting, I'm demanding help, just like everyone around me.

Their screams are one, like a single voice multiplied many times.

The gun fire is crackling from faceless hooded figures, each a clone of the next.

And your words are beating my brain back and forth and inside out, your words are growing louder and louder. And the world is getting pixilated and you're disappearing...literally disappearing. Someone is laughing and it's loud and I want it to stop but it's coming from all around all around all around.

And your words are floating in the sky in a big red dialogue box, they're scrolling through the clouds and covering the sun.

Music, music is playing boom bang tada. The floor is shifting, and suddenly I am in a jungle, and you are gone, and I am...I am...

What am I?

There is a spear in my hand, moving jerkily forward.

Why is it moving? I did not want it to move.

And my brain, it hurts like someone is scooping all the memory away.

I'm a human, I'm a hunter...hunter? Hunter in the rainforest?

Of course, yes. I am a hunter in the rainforest, and I think I'll go forward now.

I don't why, exactly...but it feels right. And so does my hand, rising to throw the spear at a fox (Is it normal, for animals to disappear into sparks as they die? I feel like they should...they should...they should bleed and scream and hurt and-)

My brain is hurting again, pulsating pounding.

So I stop thinking, and start to move. My movements are slow, and I don't remember asking my body to perform them...

It’s like a dream, like a game.

But it's reality. Not a dream, not a game.

Right?

And you, you are reading this and it's not a dream, not a game.

Right?
♠ ♠ ♠
I would love comments! This is meant to be a bit mysterious, and I'm not going to tell you what I was going for here; I'd actually like to know what you got from it.