I'm a Mess Between My Heart and Head

Don't fall

Slade sat down on the nearest couch. He was angry, angry he had let Emma walk away like that. He was also confused,confused by the fact he felt something for her. He pushed back that feeling in his head and grabbed another beer. The warm liquid washed away any further thoughts of Emma.

Emma made her way deeper into the party. The music boomed louder and more and more people began to flood in the house. Emma wanted to get out, now. She switched the direction in she was walking when someone stopped her. She looked up and was met face to face with her Cousin, Adam. He was drunk his breath reeked of alcohol.

"What's a pretty girl like you doing here?" He said getting closer to her

Emma slowly back away not wanting to talk, scared of revealing her identity.

"Oh, don't be scared." Adam said reaching out to Emma and wrapping a arm around her waist.

Slade got up to get another beer and quickly noticed what was happening. Adam was dangerously close to Emma. Slade laughed to himself quietly. He finally decided to step in. He pushed pass people until he finally reached Adam and Emma.

"Adam, my boy!" Slade said draping a arm around Adam. Which made Adam let go of Emma.

Slade met Emma's eyes and nodded his head for her to leave. She did so and went out to the front porch and say down. a few minutes later she was joined by Slade.

"You okay?" Slade said softly

"Yeah, I'm fine." She assured him as she picked at the grass

"Do you want me to take you home?"

She said nothing and nodded. Slade helped her up and they walked back to his car. When they reached the house Emma had already fallen asleep. Slade let out a low laugh and studied her features. Her eyes were tightly shut and her brown her hung slightly over her face. Her face held no expression but somehow Slade found her to be the more beautiful girl he had ever seen. He opened the car door of her side and took her into his arms. He made his way up the stairs and with one quick movement took the key he had in his carabiner and opened the door. He walked the apartment he knew so well and entered her bed room. He set her down gently and set a blanket on top of her.

"I don't want to feel this way, for you." Slade said barley above a whisper pushing a stray away hair off Emma's face.

With that Slade left and left Emma there all alone. Emma was awake she was more awake then anything. She felt it when Slade carried her up to the apartment. She was fully aware of what had happened. What she wasn't sure of is what Slade had said. What did he mean he didn't want to 'feel' that way. What way, exactly. Emma couldn't put together the words he had said.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm sorry this is short :/
There's a lot of description in this.