Status: DONE!!!!!!!!!

Murtagh's New Story

Chapter 21: The Hunt

Image

Cigmun flew over the tree tops. An ocean of emerald tree tops stretched below her for miles until it reached the base of the mountain. That was Cigmun's destination, she hunted wild goats on the slick, rocky slopes.

She soon reached it and landed on a flat, grey rock. The wind carried a multitude of tantalizing smells. She wondered over the barren looking, rocky terrain searching, her sharp senses ready to pick up the first hint of their prey. Her large, padded paws gripped the rock and helped her move silently over the rough slopes. There was a light dusting of snow on the mountain. The snow and the grey mountain blended in perfectly with her coat. When she found her prey, she would be perfectly camouflaged. Patches of hardy, green moss grew here and there, contrasting with the lifeless, grey boulders.

Cigmun sniffed then gentle breeze that ruffled her fur. A familiar musky scent filled her nostrils. She had picked up their trail. Now came the fun part. She found a patch of loose pebble and dirt and rolled on her back. This was to help mask her smell and camouflage her, it also felt good.

Her ears pricked foreword as she made her way to the herd. Carefully, she positioned herself above them. She was completely silent, like a ghost floating just above the rocks. Her sharp eyes watched the prey below her. They were the bushes eating. There was a few trees to the right. This herd was made of females and juveniles. They were a dirty, brown color that blended in with the bushes. They had short, dark brown horns.

Image
She crouched down behind a boulder and waited. A kid (a young goat) slowly made it's way up closer to her hiding place. It nibbled at one of the bushes just below her. Cigmun was pressed to the ground with her ears pinned back and her muscles taunt. She was coiled like a spring. Her instincts and skills that had an elf's lifetime to perfect had taken over.

He took one more and she sprung out landing right behind it. It let out a cry of alarm and bolted down the mountain. The rest of the scattered. Cigmun was right on his tail. She leapt nimbly of rocks and bushes. Her long tail helped to keep her balanced and her large paws gripped the rocks. Each time the ground or rock gave way beneath her she used it to help propel her closer to her prey. They raced down the mountain at a blinding speed.

When she was finally close enough she stretched out her paw and tripped the kid's back legs. It summersaulted down twice before she was on it. She closed her jaws around it's windpipe and sank her fangs in. The taste of warm, salty, blood filled her mouth. One it was dead she sat down to enjoy her hard earned kill.

Cigmun ate her fill and decided to bring the rest back for Aquasari as a treat. But before she could do that she had to give herself a good cleaning, as any respectably cat would do. When she was sure there was a single spot of blood left she shifted back to her elf form, wrapped the caracas in a bag she summoned before shifting back to leopard form and taking off. Cigmun was a vert happy snow leopard.

When she reached her house she flew back threw the dragon door. She was greeted by a most peculiar and adorable sight. Murtagh was racing around the main room on all fours wrestling with Thorn. He raced around the room until the little red dragon caught up and jumped on him. It was honestly one of the cutest and funniest things either Icenia or Cigmun had ever seen. She shifted to back to her elf form and Icenia acceded. When she set the bag down on the floor he looked up. He barely had time to open his mouth before Thorn crashed into his chest and they toppled over backwards.

"Thorn!" he laugh.

The little dragon squeaked back. This caused Icenia to laugh even harder. Murtagh chuckled as he set Thorn on the ground before getting up.

"You little stinker, that was low", he grinned.

Thorn just squeaked and looked perfectly innocent. Murtagh snorted before he walked up to Icenia and kissed her with a smile on his gorgeous face.
♠ ♠ ♠
Here are some Youtube videos of snow leopards hunting. You have to watch it. IT'S CRAZY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KUY9U4Y4SP4&feature=feedf
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FboCdMVH0tE&feature=feedf

I seriously love this chapter. Love the hunting scene and LOVE what she comes home to. Picturing those two in my head was honestly one of the cutest things I've ever "seen" hahaha. Sorry it took so long!
This week's "immortal" list of awesome people
A Place For My Head.
autumnfreakshow
The tally is 60 readers, 11 subscribers and 26 comments. Yay! I seriously love you all! I am sorry to say that Fire and Ice is drawing to a close. There's a only few chapters left. Though I am debating on a sequel. It will take place with in the actual Eragon book an I have the basic sorry mapped in my head already. Not many of you know this but a lot of both of my stories came from dreams I've had about both Eragon and Primeval. So PLEASE send me your thoughts on this. If I get enough positive feedback I'll do it. Thank you all so much for reading!

Ice Cat

P.S. For those of you who don't know I've set up a Photobucket folder for this story and Action Man with pictures of characters, weapons, etc. So go check them out!!!!!!! =3

http://s1091.photobucket.com/albums/i392/Icecat7/Fire%20and%20Ice%20Murtaghs%20New%20Story/
http://s1091.photobucket.com/albums/i392/Icecat7/Action%20Man%20Says%20Hes%20Coming/