Status: DONE!!!!!!!!!

Murtagh's New Story

Chapter 5: Full Moon

A few days later Icenia opened her eyes to a sky blue sheet rippled with veins within the membrane; four long, thin finger-like bones decided the webbing. Only then, remembering why she was sleeping under Aquasari’s wing and not in her bad in Ellesméra, did she realize she was alone under the blankets.

She pulled off the covers and got to her feet (though she had to bend down). Reaching up, she tickled the area on the wing where all the fingers met; it looked like a hand. It rustled as Aquasari lifted it up and folded her wing at her side.

“Good morning,” Aquasari said.

Icenia greeted her and Murtagh, who was cooking breakfast. They ate in silence, then packed up camp and took off. Murtagh asked a lot of questions about the elves, Riders, dwarves and all manner of things, which Icenia Aquasari were happy to answer.

That evening, they landed and made camp. Murtagh wasn’t ready for traveling that hard and Aquasari likes to hunt twice, splitting up what she would eat into two nights. After Aquasari returned from hunting, Icenia went out to get wood with Murtagh. She looked up through an opening in the canopy at the full moon.

“I love full moons. I wonder why they disappear like that,” she said, walking into a clearing and sitting on the ground.

“I have no idea,” Murtagh said as he sat beside her.

“Why does it have to leave? What makes it do that?”

“Well, I don’t know why, but it does make it that much more enjoyable when it is.” He looked at her. “It’s something you have to wait for,” he said meaningfully. “Like I had to wait for you.” His voice was so soft; it caressed her like soft cloth.

She looked up at him, and then rested her head on his shoulder. He wrapped his arm around her and pulled her closer to him. The moon shone silvery light down on them; it was a clear, beautiful night.

They sat there for a while starring at the moon. Murtagh lay down on his back on the dry grass. Icenia almost came down with him, but that would be too easy. She jumped up and walked circles around him, smiling mischievously. He chuckled and his crooked grin was on his lips.

Chase me, her movements said and he grabbed at her feet. He obliged and soon he was chasing her around the clearing. They made jokes at each other and laughed. For a while they forgot everything out of the clearing, just enjoying the moment. Only the silvery moon, hanging in the sky with the multitude of twinkling stars, kept watch over them.

After a while, they began to tire. Icenia let Murtagh catch her for a second before escaping his grip. He finally collapsed on the ground and grinned as he looked up at her. Panting, his chest rose and fell quickly. He suddenly grabbed at her ankle with one hand, a distraction, as he grabbed at her wrist with the other hand.

Icenia squeaked in surprise as Murtagh swiftly pulled her down beside him. Her head came to rest on his chest along with her hand. Wrapping his arms around her, he fell backwards and lay on his back. He released his grip on her, though not removing his hands, but she stayed down. She adjusted herself a little to be more comfortable. When she finished, she sighed contently, making Murtagh chuckle. They looked up at the moon; he absentmindedly started playing with a strand of her hair. They were quiet for a time.

“I just had an idea,” he said suddenly as he sat up. Icenia cocked her head questioningly to the side as mischief mixed with the crooked smile he wore. He then proceeded to remove his vest and shirt, much to her surprise. The silvery moonlight shone on his muscles making her breath catch in her throat. He chuckled at the look on her face and pulled her into a kiss.

Icenia had no idea how it happened. Murtagh had pulled her back into him with one hand and lifted her face to his with the other. It had been so fast she had no time to react. Her thoughts had been, “Wow, he took his shirt off. Oh, he’s pulling me to him. Hello, there’s a those there!” (“Those” were his lips. She didn’t exactly have the ability to think coherently at that point.)

His lips were gentle but strong against hers. It was simply indescribable, like her first ride flight with Aquasari. Icenia melted into him. Slowly, his lips opened hers, but he didn’t insert his tongue in her mouth. It was a very long kiss; only when they were out of breath did they part.

“Whoa,” she said breathlessly.

“That was some kiss,” Murtagh agreed.

Icenia laughed. “I’ll say.” She leaned in close and chuckled. “We should do that again some time.”

“Just say the word Icenia,” he laughed.

Suddenly, a fierce roar echoed through the trees.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm glad Murtagh is finally happy. Ooo what's going to happen next?!