Status: DONE!!!!!!!!!

Murtagh's New Story

Chapter 6: Ra'zac

“Aquasari!” Icenia screamed. She leapt to her feet and took off. Murtagh called after her and ran to follow her.

“Wait, Ra’zac!” Aquasari said. This sent Icenia skidding to a halt; even an elf would take pause before fighting a Ra’zac. Murtagh came up beside her and opened his mouth to say something. She quickly put her finger on his lips to silence him then she tapped her head.

“They are after you and the egg. We are just lucky he didn’t send Durza, his Shade. Carefully sneak around to Aquasari. Don’t make a sound! I have no idea how much you know about Ra’zac, but even an elf takes pause doing battle with one,” Icenia said with her mind.

“I know a fair bit about them and Durza.” Murtagh responded in the same manner.

“Good, now, sneak around to Aquasari and watch the egg. I’ll take care of the two Ra’zac.” She could sense he was about to argue. “If you were trained I’d let you help. You’re a great swordsman, but not this time.” She ran her hand down his cheek.

“Be careful. Go.”

Gripping the hilt of Regaris, she sprang lightly away. Murtagh went around the other side. Icenia hid behind a huge tree at the edge of the large clearing. The Ra’zac hissed as Murtagh went to his place. They asked in strange hisses for her. She drew Regaris and leapt into clearing.

“Right here, beetle faces!” Icenia exclaimed.

“Insolent fool! You stole something from our master! Surrender now and we will not be forced to hurt you,” the Ra’zac hissed. Icenia laughed at them.

“You fools will never learn! I don’t give up! Besides, you know what they say: finders, keepers.” She had a wicked gleam in her eye.

It hissed angrily at her.

"Let's have you!" she challenged with an equally wicked grin.

Then, she darted forward, swinging Regaris in a flaming, blue arch. It came own across the short one’s chest, slicing its black robes. It screamed, writhing on the ground. The tall one came at her, sword blazing. She blocked and they started a ferocious sword fight. Their swords shone bright in the moonlight, creating arches of color because they were moving so fast. The metal clangs of their swords connecting echoed through the clearing. The Ra’zac was fast, almost as fast as her; it would be a close fight. Their swords clashed and broke apart the next instant, swipe, slash, parry, block. A fierce, feral snarl distorted her face. It was too late for an escape she had to take it out.

Finally Icenia found an opening and drove Regaris into the Ra’zac’s shoulder. She twisted it to do more damage. She ducked behind the Ra’zac and swung Regaris to behead it, but it straightened and she caught him across the back. Its robes blood-soaked, it screeched and swung around, its sword flying. It sliced her back open as she spun away, she had been a moment too slow.

Icenia screamed in pain, she heard Aquasari roar and Murtagh cry out her name. Suddenly she heard wing beats. Two Lethrblaka hovered over the clearing just long enough for the Ra’zac to climb up the trees and leap into the saddles. They flew away; an earsplitting scream came from their throats.

Her knees became weak and her head began to swim. Pain blurred her vision. She gritted her teeth and tried to remain conscious.
“Awe FUCK!!! NO!!” she snarled.
The pain was too much and she collapsed on the dry grass. Murtagh came running over, but she only heard him faintly. The last thing she saw before becoming unconscious was the bright full moon looking down at her and her friends’ faces filled fear and concern.
“No! No…” everything went black.
♠ ♠ ♠
I like this chapter too. I really like Icenia. She reminds me of myself, only much cooler. Those Ra'zacs are very lucky they are important later or I'd have killed at least one. Oh well it's still a good chapter. Comments? Subscriptions?