Sequel: Bleed It Out
Status: Completed. First story I've ever finished!

Falling Into Black

Chapter 18

The school week was filled with the excited buzz about the ball. The professors had even dialed down the homework since no one would focus. Girls were excited that they got to dress up in costumes and make-up and take their dates and dance. Guys just wanted to get laid.

It was Saturday, the day of the Ball. Katie was getting ready in the bathroom, along with just about every other Gryffindor girl. She was quite impressed with how she did her make-up. With black eyeliner around her eyes, and smoky eyeshadow made like cat eyes, and strawberry flavored lip gloss, she had to admit she was beautiful.

“Wow, Katie, I love your hair straightened like that” Lily Evans said behind her. Katie smiled at the redhead in the mirror.

“Thanks, Lily. I love how your dress looks with your hair” Katie replied. It was true. Lily was wearing a long, satin emerald green dress which clashed beautifully with her long, dark red wavy hair, which was pulled back a bit by two little green flowers. Her emerald eyes were lined with black eyeliner and smoky gold eyeshadow.

“Thank you, Katie” Lily smiled before moving away to talk to her friend, who Katie didn’t personally know. Once Katie was satisfied with her appearance, she went into a stall to put her dress on. And her angel wings went on her shoulder blades. They were charmed to stay on without straps and were able to actually move at Katie’s will of mind.

Hiking up her dress, she put on her mask and went downstairs to the common room, smiling all the way.

-

Sirius looked up as he heard the click of heels descending the stairs and a collection of gasps went around the room. He soon found out why. A beautiful blonde girl was standing at the foot of the stairs, her gold dress in her hand. She had shimmering white angel wings which would occasionally shiver or ruffle the feathers. Charmed, no doubt. Her hair was straightened, and over her eyes she had a gold mask.

The girl smiled at someone behind him, and then Alpha came forward and took her hand. Sirius blinked in shock when he realized that that blonde was Katie. She looked stunning. And apparently everyone else thought so too.

“Wow, she looks beautiful” Remus breathed, eyes wide as well. He was dressed as a leprechaun, and was holding a fake pot of gold.

“I know” Sirius muttered, running his tongue over his fangs again. He was dressed as a vampire, in all black other than his red mask and fake blood on his white-painted face. James was beside him, dressed in a white tuxedo and a red vest and mask, holding a pink cupid bow and arrow. It was kinda funny seeing him holding that wimpy thing.

Alpha, dressed in leather pants, black shirt, and leather jacket with a crazy rainbow rock star wig, led Katie out of the common room, followed by Ben, who was dressed as a cowboy, and Natalie, who was dressed in a short satin red bubble dress and black devil horns and a pitchfork. Natalie nodded to Sirius while Ben tipped his hat.

“Let’s go” James said with a grin. He was obviously excited about seeing Lily and about the possibility of kicking Alpha’s ass. Or maybe that was Sirius.

-

The Great Hall had been transformed into a spooky haunted house. All the ghosts were floating around and spider webs hanging from the wall, along with real spiders. There were a few candles floating below the ceiling, but otherwise it was very dim. The ceiling looked like a clear night sky, with a white moon behind thin clouds. It looked kinda creepy.

Students were dressed as all things under the sun. Princesses, witches, warriors, ghouls. Some more revealing than others.

Sirius had his eyes glued on Alpha and Katie, who had been dancing none stop since they had gotten to the Great Hall, his hands cranked into fists. It should be him dancing with her like that, and holding her, and touching her. Not that stupid, ignorant, conceited, bas—

“Sirius” Remus said, cutting off his vulgar thoughts. “Relax, man. We’ll get them apart eventually” he said reassuringly.

“Sirius” Ben said as he and Natalie joined them. “Its time; where’s Alpha and Katie?” he asked.

“They’re over—” Sirius started, pointing toward them. Or where they were. “They were over there.”

“They’re gone?” Natalie nearly squeaked.

“We have to find them. Now” Ben said urgently.

“Why now?” Remus questioned.

“Because Alpha’s powers are at their highest. And he is incredibly, sexually frustrated” Ben answered.

“I brought this” Sirius said, reaching inside his jacket. “Let’s get out of here so we don’t get seen with it though.” The four of them walked out of the Great Hall. Tapping the piece of parchment with his wand, Sirius murmured, “I solemnly swear that I am up to no good.” Ink spidered out from the tip of his wand, until it revealed the front.

“’Messers, Moony, Wormtail, Padfoot, and Prongs, are proud to present: The Marauder’s Map’?” Ben read out loud. Remus nodded while Sirius flipped open the map.

“Here” Sirius said, pointing to the two names. “They’re in the Transfiguration classroom.”

“You got the poison, Ben?” Natalie asked. He nodded, and the four of them headed down the hall quickly.

-

Alpha led Katie into an empty classroom, his hand over hers. He had taken off his mask and his wig and thrown them onto a desk. She laid her mask next to his, and with his help, removed her wings. She noticed he was twitchy, anxious. His eyes would dart to her and away, and then back again. There was a fire in his green eyes, a hunger that unsettled a part of Katie deep down.

“You alright, Alpha?” she asked softly. He nodded, smiling at her. He then lifted her onto a desk, threading his fingers through her straightened blonde hair.

“You just excite me” he nearly purred. Alpha crashed his lips to hers, parting her legs then stepping between them. Wrapping one arm around her, he kept her arms pinned to her side. His skin felt like it was on fire, but her cool skin sated his body’s fire. The only way to put it out fully was to be inside her.

He ran his hands up her legs until the skirt of her dress was nearly to her hips. He loved how she submitted to him. Loved the power he felt. He just wished she would fight like the other girls. But he would make due with what he had.

Just has he was about to unzip his leather pants, an iron bar of an arm hooked around his neck and he felt the smooth surface of a vial touch his lips. Then, the silver liquid was burning its way down his throat and into his stomach, where it spread into his veins.

Alpha hit the ground with a hard thud, and began convulsing violently. Katie blinked as the fogginess in her brain drifted away. Natalie moved to stand in front of Katie, stepping over Alpha’s thrashing form. “Katie? Are you, you?” she asked hesitantly.

“Am I me? What kind of question is that?” Katie asked, hopping off the desk. And nearly twisting her ankle when she landed on her heels. Katie looked down at her gold dress, frowning. “What in the bloody hell am I wearing?” she muttered. Natalie laughed, hugging the blonde hard.

“She’s back” she told the others. When they pulled away, Katie bent to take off her heels.

“Can I hit him now?” Sirius asked, nodding to Alpha who was now panting on the ground. Ben smirked, hoisting his brother to his feet.

“By all means” he answered. Katie yelped as Sirius suddenly punched Alpha in the face, and caused a crack to echo around the room. She never knew him to be physically violent; verbally, yes, magically, yes, but physically, no.

“Happy now?” Remus asked, pulling Sirius back. Sirius nodded, grinning as wide as he could with his bruised jaw.

“Sirius, what happen to your face?” Katie asked. No one answered. Ben just hauled Alpha out of the room, followed by Natalie, Remus, James, and Peter, and then Katie and Sirius. “Did you get into a fight?” Katie pressed.

“No” Sirius answered slowly. “You punched me.” Katie froze, dropping her shoes, mask, and wings which she was holding.

“I punched you?” Katie squeaked. Sirius chuckled, going back to her.

“For someone so small, you pack one hell of a punch” he smirked, pulling her into a one armed hug. She blushed scarlet. “Good to have you back, Katie.”