Sequel: Bleed It Out
Status: Completed. First story I've ever finished!

Falling Into Black

Chapter 19

“I’m sorry I hit you” Katie said again as she and Sirius stood on the stairs. Sirius smiled softly.

“Its fine, Katie. I don’t blame you.” He then smirked. “It’s actually kinda hot.” Katie blushed, causing him to chuckle. Sirius couldn’t help but notice that she looked even more beautiful with all her make-up, but he still loved the natural look.

“Well, goodnight” she said quietly.

“Sweet dreams” Sirius murmured, watching her ascend the stairs, toward the girl’s dormitory.

-

When Katie entered her dorm, she was greeted by the hoot of an owl and the chirp of a mini-dragon. Rowan fluttered toward Katie, and landed in her hand when Katie offered it. Katie noticed that he dragon had grown a bit. She was nearly the size of Katie’s palm. And Eos had gotten larger as well. Katie also noticed a pile of letters on her nightstand. Stupid, Alpha, she thought sourly, stripping her dress. If it wasn’t for him, I wouldn’t have missed all those letters, or blew off my friends, or punched Sirius in the face. Katie put on her pajamas, which consisted of a tank top and matching pajama pants.

Her stomach growled before she could crawl into the pre-warmed bed. Groaning silently, she slipped on her slippers and her hoodie before sneaking out of the dorm. Of course I hadn’t eaten anything at the ball. I was too busy being molested by a freaking sushi-bus or whatever he was. God, I can’t believe I kissed him. He wasn’t even that cute.

-
Katie stopped in front of the fruit painting, and tickled the pair. As the painting swung open, Katie’s stomach growled again. She quickly went over to the refrigerator and got out the condiments for a sandwich. I wonder what’s going on between Natalie and Ben, Katie thought as she assembled her sandwich. It’s obvious that they like each other. Even under Alpha’s influence I could see that. They’d look cute together.

Katie was so caught up in her thoughts that she didn’t even notice someone had joined her until he spoke. “What are you doing in here, Katie?”

Katie jumped and turned to find Sirius standing behind her, looking smoking hot. He had a black wife beater on, and black pajama pants. The white make-up for his costume had been scrubbed off, but Katie would plainly see where the fake blood had been. “Having a sandwich” she shrugged. “I didn’t get anything to eat from the ball.” He nodded, moving to a cupboard to get out two mugs.

“Butterbeer?” he asked.

“Sure” Katie smiled. As he poured two mugs and leaned against the counter beside her, Katie watched the muscles in his arms and shoulders shift and easily accept his weight. His back muscles were pulled tight under his shirt. Katie blushed as she quickly looked away. “What are you doing here?” she asked.

“I was bored, and hungry” Sirius shrugged. The two were silent for a moment, mulling over their thoughts. They ran along the same lines. Of how much they wanted each other, but where frightened of rejection. Sirius was staring at her from the corner of his eyes, tracing her figure. She was as slender as a cat; small and nimble. Her hair was still straightened, and it framed her soft, pale face perfectly. Her eyelashes were long and dark; when she blinked they brushed her cheeks. Her lips were perfectly shaped. Light pink, and very kissable.

Suddenly, Sirius moved to stand in front of her, planting his arms on either side of her. Katie was startled at how serious he looked, and how bright the fire burned in his dark grey eyes.

“Katie, I have to know. If I don’t, I think I’m going to loose my mind” he said, seriously.

“What--?” she began to ask, but he cut her off.

“Do you fancy me? As more than a friend?” Katie sucked in a slow breath, debating whether or not she should answer. If she told him, then he would probably laugh and would loose a great friend. But why would he ask if he was just going to laugh at her?

“Yes” she answered slowly, quietly. Her voice was barely audible, but he heard.

“Really?” he asked hopeful. She nodded, looking away from his gaze. He frowned then. “Do you think there’s any chance at us being together?”

Her pale blue eyes were 100% honest as she answered with a small, “Maybe someday.”

“What do you mean?” Sirius asked, confused.

“Right now, I want to get Alpha out of my head” Katie answered. He nodded slowly, his frown deepening. He seemed to be thinking very hard about something; it made her wonder what was going on in his head.

“Can I....can I have one thing?” he asked slowly.

“What?”

Taking a deep breath, Sirius moved his right hand to her cheek, while his other dropped to his side. The skin underneath his hand was soft and warm, but cool to him. His eyes fixed on her lips as they parted for her to breath. Her lips looked so inviting, he thought, before locking on her eyes.

Slowly, as to give her time to pull away, he leaned down to her height. She didn’t move, which was encouraging to Sirius. He stopped once his lips were not even a hair’s breath away from hers. He watched her eyes fluttered closed, and closed his eyes as her cool scent entered his nose. Lemon and honeysuckles; beautiful and sweet.

He brushed his lips against her slowly to test her, to see how far he could go. Her lips were warm and soft as he pressed harder; like velvet. Exactly like he imagined them. Slowly, hesitantly, he brushed his tongue across her bottom lip. He wanted to go further, to taste every part of her, to have his lips on her skin and her lips on his, but instead, he reluctantly pulled away. Her breath was fast, and her eyes were still closed.

Stroking her cheek, he whispered, “A kiss.” When Katie opened her eyes, Sirius was gone.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey! Sorry its taken so long to update! My computer had a virus, and my laptop's stupid charger stopped working. i swear,, i''e spent enough money on a charger for that laptop to buy a NEW laptop.

anywho. i know this is short, but its kinda a filler. sorta. i don't know. but they KISSED!!!! FINALLY!!!! XD