Sequel: Bleed It Out
Status: Completed. First story I've ever finished!

Falling Into Black

Chapter 25

“What is this place?” Katie asked in awe as she looked around the room. Regulus smiled.

“It’s the Room of Requirement” he answered. “It changes itself into whatever a particular person needs the most. So, like, for example, if you really needed to pee…”

Katie laughed. “Charming. Very charming.” He laughed as well. Looking around the room, she studied the room. It was a very furry room. There was a big, furry couch in front of a fireplace, which was a beautiful mirage of colors. Blues, greens, pinks, and reds, and so much more. There was a platter of hot chocolate sitting on a table, and the walls were covered in black fur. The floors where covered in several, colorful furry rugs. The only light in the room was from the fireplace.

“I didn’t imagine it so fuzzy, though” Regulus said, off-handedly as he walked over to the table and poured two cups.

“Thank you” Katie said softly, taking the cup he offered. He smiled, sitting on the couch.

“Sit” he ordered, patting the spot next to him. Katie did, but on the other side of the couch. Regulus sighed, scooting a bit closer. “I won’t hurt you, Katie. I would never hurt something as innocent as you.”

“So I’ve been told” she muttered, rolling her eyes. “Why did you bring me here?” she then asked after taking a sip of the hot chocolate.

“You looked like you needed some company” he shrugged.

“Yeah, ‘cause I need company from a guy who looks almost exactly like the guy who made me ‘need some company’” she said, adding air quotes.

“Eh, you know what I always say, ‘you get what you get and you don’t throw a fit.’” Katie snickered.

“Do you realize how lame that sounded?” she asked.

“Yes” Regulus answered, straight-faced. “I also realize how frightening this room is.” He shuddered fakely, looking around in ‘fear’. Katie laughed.

“You’re weird” she stated.

“Am not” he argued. He shuddered again. “I’m afraid, hold me?” Katie rolled her eyes as he scooted closer and took her hand. “Ah, much better” he sighed. Just then, music started. “Oh, would you listen to that? Would you care to dance? I happen to love this song.”

“Uh, no thanks” Katie shook her head. “I don’t dance.”

“I saw you dancing at the Halloween ball” he argued, standing. Taking her cup and setting it on the table, he pulled her to her feet. “Come on, just one teensy weensy little dance?”

“No” Katie said firmly, but he was already pulling her away from the couch. “Regulus, I don’t want to dance.”

“Yes you do” he smirked, twirling her. “That’s why you’re not fighting.”

“I’m not fighting because I’m not violent” Katie retorted.

“Yeah, hence the bite mark” he muttered sarcastically. Katie rolled her eyes.

“I only bit you because you were being an arse and wouldn’t give me my wand back” Katie stated.

“Only because I wanted to spend time with you” he shot back. Katie opened her mouth to retort, but stopped. “Come on, Katie. You’re really thick” Regulus chuckled. “Loads of guys like you, you just don’t see it. Guys would kill to be able to just hold your hand or even carry your books.”

“Why?” Katie breathed, honestly confused. “I’m not even that pretty.” Regulus barked a laugh.

“Katie, you’re beautiful. In a cute, innocent sort of way” he said. Katie groaned.

“Why does everyone think I’m so cute and innocent?” she complained. Regulus laughed.

“Because you are” he stated.

“No, I’m not” Katie argued. “Natalie calls me ‘Kitty’ all the time because I’m ‘cute and adorable and just so huggable’.” Katie cooed, imitating Natalie’s voice. Regulus laughed. When he’s not being a complete git, he’s actually kinda nice, Katie thought.

-

“Natalie, have you seen Katie?” Remus asked. Natalie looked up from sorting her jelly beans.

“No” Natalie answered sharply. Remus blinked in shock at the hostile tone in her voice.

“Whoa, what up with the ‘tude?” he said, raising his hand in surrender. She sighed.

“Sorry, Remus. I’m just angry at Sirius so I took it out on you” Natalie mumbled.

“Why are you angry at Sirius?” Remus asked, confused.

“Weren’t you at dinner?” Natalie asked. Remus shook his head.

“I was in the library finishing up some homework. What happened at dinner?” Natalie scooped all her jelly beans into a bag before sitting on the couch. He sat next to her.

“Purity was sitting on Sirius’ lap” Natalie began. “And he didn’t push her off. Katie saw, and she left the Great Hall. I haven’t seen her since, and I’m worried.”

“Don’t be. Like Katie of all people would get into trouble” Remus rolled his eyes.

“Oh yeah? What about Lucius Malfoy’s sudden interest in her? Or Regulus’?” Natalie asked challengingly. Remus opened his mouth, but then closed it. “Exactly. I’m worried, okay? I can’t help it. Until Katie is sitting next to me, I’ll be worried.”

-

Katie smiled at Regulus as they stopped in front of the Fat Lady portrait. “You didn’t have to walk me back.”

“’Course I did. Can’t have you getting into trouble at this time of night” Regulus chuckled.

“Me? Trouble?” Katie scoffed. “Don’t make me laugh.” He rolled his eyes. “Bye, Regulus” Katie said, laughing lightly.

“Bye, Katie” he smiled, before walking off. Katie shook her head with a smile.

“Fwooper.” The portrait swung open. Katie walking inside to find Natalie and Remus sitting on the couch, conversing intently. “Hey” she chirped, flopping onto an arm chair. Her head was hanging over the arm, so she was staring at them upside down. But even upside down they looked worried and a bit angry. “What’s up with the angry faces?”

“Where have you been? You’ve had me worried sick” Natalie scolded. Katie laughed.

“Whoa, there Mom” Katie said sarcastically, sitting up straight. “I just talked with a friend. I felt like crap so they helped me.”

“Who?” Remus asked.

“If I told you I’d have to kill you” Katie said with a smirk and a wink. However, her happy expression vanished when Sirius walked in with Purity Ace practically hanging off his arm.

“Hey guys” Sirius grinned, sitting in an armchair. Purity sat on his lap, trying to look sexy as she did. “What’s going on here?”

“We were just talking about Quidditch” Katie answered, eyes glued to the fire. “Well, I have to go. Loads of homework to do.” With a forced smile, she stood up and began making her way to the stairs.

“Bye, Katie” Purity called with fake sweetness. Katie gritted her teeth as she took the stairs two at a time.

Natalie winced when she head the door slam, before she fixed a deadly glare on Sirius. He raised his eyebrows innocently. “Can I talk to you for a second?” she hissed through her teeth.

“Whatever you have to say you can say in front of me” Purity stated. “Right, Siri?” Sirius made a face at the nickname.

“It doesn’t concern you” Natalie snapped, glaring at the ignorant blonde. Purity huffed. “Now, Sirius.” Sirius quickly stood up, deciding that he definitely didn’t want to piss Natalie off anymore than she was. He followed her to a corner, out of ear shot from Purity. He knew Remus could hear though. “What the hell are you doing?”

“What? I happen to really like Purity” Sirius stated. Natalie whacked his arm.

“Quit lying, Sirius!” she hissed, ignoring his pained expression. “You and I both know that you hate Purity. And what you’re doing is killing Katie.” Sirius scoffed.

“No its not. She has Snivellus to comfort her” Sirius muttered. Natalie roughly took his arm and dragged him up the stairs. When they came to the girl’s stairs, she levitated him up.

“Look” Natalie whispered, slowing opening the door. Sirius poked his head in. What he saw nearly had him dropping to his knees. Katie as crying. Though he couldn’t see her eyes, he could see her tears as they fell from her cheeks. She was bent over something, a drawing by the look of it, so some of her tears fell onto the paper. Natalie closed the door back. “She’s been drawing that one picture since you two started fighting.”

“What is it of?” Sirius asked quietly. Natalie took a deep breath.

“You” she whispered. “Katie’s never been much of a drawer as far as I know. But she practically poured her heart into that.” Natalie put a hand on his shoulder. “Quit being stubborn. Hear her side of the story. I’m tired of hearing my friend cry in her sleep.”

“She cries in her sleep?” he asked.

“It’s the only time she will. All of her walls are down when she’s sleeping, so everything that’s bugging her comes out” Natalie explained.

“What can I do?” Sirius asked desprately.

“Dump Purity, get her some flowers, and apologize” Natalie ordered. “She likes roses. Especially white ones.”
♠ ♠ ♠
I realized after i wrote this that the Room of Requirement doesn't supply food. But then i though 'Hot chocolate isn't food, its techinically a beverage. So, there for, this works.'

Last chapter for today. Tomorrows monday, so i have school tomorrow. XP ick. if i could, i would drop out. But, my mom being the strict psycho she is, i'd probably never see the light of day again.

FYI, i LUV comments and/or subscriptions. XD Have a Nice Day!