The Demon Shark

What if he failed? What if he would never get to the final exam because he was too weak? What if he did make it to the final exam? What was it about that made it seem so "unfair" to the sensei? What would happen if he failed the exam?

Kids looked around at each other, already mumbling and making guesses at what could be so dangerous and challenging for only a couple of kids to make it to. Sensei let them wonder for a second, before once again demanding attention. The instant he cleared his throat, everyone was silent.

"Congratulations," the sensei started in a low tone, "you have made it to the final exam. As you already know, only one of you will pass this test. But before I tell you what your test will be, let me just say that I'm proud to have been your sensei." He took in a shaky breath and continued, "Your test is a fight to the death. You may use any techniques you want, and any weapons that you have or can make. There is no time limit. But if one of you refuses to kill the other, then I am required to kill you both."

This is not my story and I take no credit for this. It is simply an amazing story I found that deserved to be put up where people can read it. However, the original author lost inspiration for this story and in consequence it's never been finished. I figured I should warn you ahead of time.