Status: searching for a muse

Bad Romance.

he held her hand like it was a mystery.

The first couple of weeks go by and she starts after school tutoring, which a handful of students attend, one of them being Sam.

They’re casual with each other, like an average teacher and student. He’ll ask questions and answer hers, as she answers his and calls on him in class, particularly when he’s not paying attention. However, he’ll catch her gazing at him a second longer than other students, and she’ll notice him glancing up from his work in the middle of class.

They don’t ever speak of it, though. Although they both want to.

.

It’s one of their one-on-one sessions after school. He’s slipping up in class and she’s helping with one of the longer reading assignments.

“Ms. Schue, do we really need to go over Hammurabi’s Code?” he groans, pushing his hair back.

“Yes, you do,” KC answers, looking up from the paper at him. Although she tries to avoid being close to him physically, she has to sit next to him so she can read if he needs help with it.

He sighs, leaning back in his chair. “Can we at least take a few minute break?”

After a second’s thought, she gives in. “Alright.” She relaxes in the cheap, uncomfortable chair. She looks him over, realizing how close he’s sitting, and tries to distract herself by making small talk. “How’re you doing in your other classes?”

“Okay, I guess,” he deadpans, his eyes focused on her collarbone, which is exposed in her scoop neck shirt. He moves up to her eyes, but not before lingering over her mouth. His heart is racing, he realizes, and she’s just looking at him with her pale green eyes.

Before Sam realizes what he’s doing, his lips are on hers, and she almost instantly responds, her eyes fluttering shut. She’s suddenly thankful he shut her door when he returned to her classroom.

Her hands are gripping the ends of his t-shirt, while his are cradling her face. One of her hands slip underneath the fabric, her light touch sending tingles over the spots her skins touches his.

KC’s senses kick in though, and she pulls away, retracting her hands and hunches away from him. She looks around although they’re alone, and realizes what she’s just done.

Her hands are over her mouth, shocked, and petrified someone saw. He puts his hands on her knees, in an attempt to comfort her without too much affection.

She’s looking at him with wide, fearful eyes, although she wants him to keep kissing her because for the few moments they were doing so, she forgot about the troubles of remaining professional around him.

She eventually drops her hands onto his, gripping them tightly.

“No one can ever know,” she murmurs, loud enough for him to hear.

He nods once. “No one will ever know.”