Status: Complete!

Get Up While You Can

Chapter 11

The sigh rushed from her lips before she could stop it. Her eyes fell on the lone man sitting at the bar, his hand around a glass of cheap brandy she’d poured for him over an hour ago. He looked miserable, purple circles under his eyes and a permanent pout on his lips. His blue gaze was cast in the amber liquid at the bottom of his glass and he looked on the verge of tears. Gathering herself, Dom took the two steps toward him and leaned her elbows on the bar. Her lone patron glanced up at her an offered a weak smile before turning his attention back to his glass.

“You’ve been nursing that for over an hour. What’s eating you?” she asked quietly, tapping her nails on the wood surface.

“Nothing,” he replied and turned away from her, resting his elbow against the bar to keep him on his stool.

“Right,” Dom pushed herself off the bar and crossed her arms over her chest. “Well, I tried.”

She turned away from him and made her way to the other end where a new male specimen had taken up a seat. She cleared her throat to get his attention and froze when he turned to her, a wide grin on his face.

“Evening, Dommie,” Luke smirked, leaning closer when she took a step away.

Her heart pounded hard in her chest and she glanced around. The other man had finally finished his drink and stumbled away from the bar toward the exit. Feeling the perspiration on her palms, Dom wiped the sweat away on her jeans and stepped further back, putting as much distance between her and Luke as possible.

“What are you doing here?” she demanded.

“Came to see my best girl, why else would I be here?” he winked. “Why don’t you come here and give me a proper greeting. You ran away before I could get one last time.”

The arrogance bleeding off him made her stomach turn and she shook her head, “Fuck you, Luke. I told you I’m done with you.”

The fear slowly crept up on her as she stared into his narrowed eyes. He slid off the bar stool, a hint of annoyance in his gaze but the booming bark of Darryl interrupted the moment. The big man took his place beside Dom, resting his arm behind her on the counter and stared at Luke with a frown.

“Is there a problem, Dominica?” he asked, tilting his head closer so she could hear him.

She swallowed hard and opened her mouth to reply but Luke was already a step ahead.

“No sir, just greeting an old friend.”

Darryl glared at him as he disappeared into the club before turning to look back at Dominica. She bowed her head, avoiding his gaze but he didn’t leave. Instead he patted her shoulder with a huge hand and sighed.

“If he bothers you again let me know, alright?”

“Yeah.”

“Good, now back to work, Pocahontas, or I’m reducing your paycheck,” he smirked and winked, making his way back into the club.

“Jerk,” Dom flipped the finger at his back and returned to her bartenderly duties.

By the end of her shift, Dom could barely stand she was so exhausted. Shoving the back door of the club open she stumbled out into the cold evening and yanked her brand new pack of cigarettes from her jacket pocket. Leaning against the wall she poked one between her lips and cupped the lighter, breathing in the toxic nicotine with a sigh of pleasure. Dipping her hands into her pockets to warm them she took a few puffs from the cigarette before lifting her hand to her face to remove it form between her lips.

“God damn that’s good,” she sighed, pulling out her phone to check her texts. A smile drifted across her face. Gerard had texted her twice with frowny faces. He missed her. Opening a reply text she responded with a frowny face of her own, their secret code. She replied to text from Mikey, wanting to know how work was going and flipped the phone closed.

Resting her head back on the wall, Dom picked at her fingernails, letting the smoke from her cigarette waft around her head before taking another drag. She chewed the inside of her cheek and sighed when a hand slapped hard against the wall beside her head, making her yelp.

“Quiet, Dommie. You don’t want anyone to hear you.” Luke’s alcohol ridden breath hit her hard in the face. She opened her mouth to yell but he slammed his free hand over her mouth and leaned into the yellow light from the lone light bulb over the club’s door. He laughed when her eyes went wide before narrowing.

Luke pressed his body against hers roughly and a low chuckle emanated from his throat when she squirmed. “I miss you squirming beneath me, Dommie.”

“Fuck you!” she growled beneath his hand although all he heard was muffled noises. His smile widened and the hand bracing them against the wall slid down to her waist. Dom cringed at his touch and tried again to wiggle away but his massive form kept her pinned.

“God, I forgot how fucking warm you are,” he breathed, dipping his hand into her jeans. She gasped, trying to squeeze her thighs together but he forced her legs apart with his knee. His hand cupped her roughly and she squeezed her eyes shut, trying to prevent the tears threatening to spill from her eyes. She tried to imagine anything but Luke’s hand on her crotch, his calloused fingers scraping against her. She tried screaming again but only managed to piss him off. His weight crashed fully against her, winding her, and he glared.

“Shut the fuck up, Dominica. You’re mine. Got that? You’ll always be mine,” he hissed.

She nodded, giving up the struggle. He slid his hand off her mouth only to replace it with his chapped lips. She tried to keep her mouth shut but he forced his tongue between her lips, just as he forced two fingers inside her. Her gasp made him laugh and he kissed her harder. Then she tasted it. The pill on his tongue. Terrified, she tried to pull away but he forced her to swallow, pushing his hand over her mouth and tilting her head back.

“Take it, Dommie. You know you miss the feeling.”

“No, fuck!” she wriggled, her entire body shaking as she felt the lone pill slide down her throat. Working her gag reflex she tried to make herself puke but Luke’s hand prevented her from doing much damage. His smirk filled her vision and his hand slipped out of her pants. He slipped his fingers into his mouth and smiled.

“You taste so good, Dommie.”

“Get the fuck off me!” she yelled into his hand.

“Don’t forget to call when you need me,” he winked and disappeared, leaving her a trembling mess in the alley, her cigarette smoldering on the cement beside her foot.

Sinking to the ground, Dominica grabbed her cell phone with shaking hands and dialed the first number she thought of. He picked up at the second ring and she closed her eyes, trying to fend off the quick acting affects of the pill.

“Dom?

“Gee, fuck, I need you to come get me.”

“What? Why? Are you okay?”

The tears pricked the sides of her eyes and she fought off a sob. Wiping her hands over the corners of her eyes she sniffed. “No, I’m not okay. I’m at the club. Can you just come get me, please?”

“Yeah, I’m leaving now.”

“Okay, I’m at the back exit.”

The line clicked and Dom let herself go, her shoulders shaking violently as the fear and disappointment crept up on her. Wrapping her arms around her knees she lit another cigarette and tried to smoke. Instead of relaxation all she wanted to do was vomit. Stabbing out the half smoked cig she closed her eyes and waited for Gerard to pull up and rescue her.
♠ ♠ ♠
I told you it wasn't going to be all sunshine and Skittles. Oh, speaking of Skittles. That's my new nickname for Frank Iero. He just is Skittles.

Don't ask.

See you next chapter :P