Reservoir

Formal Dinner.

They barely knew the groom or bribe, some friend of Tania’s family. It had been nice but long. he wedding service was dragged out for a good 2 hours, most of which John spent teasing her and playing with the hem of her dress and hair. The reception was a little better. The food was tasty and the cake was her favorite. But they spent the majority of the wedding sitting in their chairs, his arms draped over the back of her chair and sipping his glass of wine.

Both of them avoided dancing, knowing her family’s eyes would be on them. He wanted to, inviting her a few times but she’d always decline and hand him her glass, sending her to get her another cup of champagne or wine or anything the bartender had open. He’d come back with the cup, handing it to her before sitting back down beside her, telling her some story to make her laugh and pulling her close to kiss her temple and remind her that someday he’d give her a day like this.

“Alright, this next song goes out to all the young couples out there, married, engaged, or dating.” The DJ’s voice was loud over the mic and had John not of been up getting her more booze, Tania wouldn’t even had heard it because of how distracted he’d be. “All of you should come out for this.”

The music started, a soft ballad that John probably hated. She watched him get her cup filled and walk back towards her, avoiding the masses of people. A smirk settled across his face when he stood in front of her, setting the glass of wine on the table behind him.

He extended a hand to her, which she immediately refused, pushing back towards him. John did it again and looked down at her. “One dance baby,” He offered, “Then we’ll leave and go get some real real booze.”

“John, no.” She stated clearly, glancing down at his black tie and the shiny clips of the suspenders attached to his pants. “Please.”

Shaking his head, he leaned down, pressing a real kiss to her lips. His hands pulled her up by her waist and she scowled, threatening all sorts of thing that she’d never take away as he pushed her closer to the dance floor. “One dance.” He’d remind anytime she remind him of her family’s eyes, “Plus I’m a great dancer.”

His arms slid down to her hips, bringing her body closer to his. At first, she didn’t cooperate, dropping her arms anytime he put them up on her shoulders. But when he leaned down, giving her another firm kiss and sending her a wink, she put her arms on his shoulders, wrapping herself around him.

“You look good tonight.” He mumbled gruffly into her neck, “You have no idea what it’s doing to me.”

Tania giggled a little, resting her head on his shoulder as he slouched over more to stay in the crook of her neck, gliding his lips down the skin, making her breath hitch.

I look good?” She groaned when he hand fell down her bare back, the words coming out in an exhale. “Have you seen yourself tonight, John? You’re definitely getting laid tonight.”

She felt him smirk into her neck, pressing on kiss into the skin before letting her go and twisting on his heel. His hand extended out to her, “Let’s go then,” He smiled and she took her hand as he started moving quickly back towards the hotel, “This tie’s uncomfortable anyways and knowing you, it won’t be on for long.”
♠ ♠ ♠
January 22.