Reservoir

Babysitting.

John despised his nephew. The kid pooped too much, screamed too loud, and wouldn’t hold still. Yet, somehow the baby was spending the night at his and Tania’s house while his brother and sister-in-law were out of town. Little Jack was stretched out on the floor, falling asleep while his girlfriend sat beside him, one hand holding her textbook open while the other rubbing his back gently.

“I despise that child.” He groaned, sitting down on the couch, his shins brushing her back. John leaned forward, winding his arms around her neck and resting his chin on the top of his head. “I really do.”

She giggled, her eyelids dropping in exhaustion. “You do not.” She breathed, kissing his arm and leaning back against his shins. “It’s your nephew. You have to love him.”

“Okay,” He groaned, “I love him but I don’t like him.”

Tania let out another chuckle before twisting out of his grip, standing carefully as to not wake the toddler. When he sat back, glancing up at her, confusion heavy in his brow, she sent him a smirk. Before John could try understanding her action, Tania was climbing into his lap, a knee on either side of his hip. “I love you.” She whispered into his ear, kissing him softly as his hands crawled around her back.

He smiled, hugging her into his chest and breathing in her scent. “I love you too.” His voice stayed low, trying not to wake the sleeping child on the floor.

She was the one to push their lips together, her fingers winding through his short hair as his climbed up the tired knots in her back. He held her close as he journeyed away from her lips, kissing her slowly along her jaw and down her neck.

“Johno,” She breathed out, her head back so he could gain better access to her skin. He groaned into her neck, encouraging her to stop talking. “Promise me we’ll never have a child like that.”

Seconds after, he pulled away and chuckled, her head dropping. “No worries, baby.” He smirked, pressing a kiss to her lips and running his hands over her thighs, “Only my brother could conceive a child like that.”

Before John could return to the spot on her neck where he stopped, Jack woke up, screaming and sending the couple to their feet.
♠ ♠ ♠
January 22, 2011.