Reservoir

Walking the Dog.

Their puppy wasn’t a puppy anymore. The dog’s legs now long and muscular, its body almost the size of the adult version. Tania’s arm was outstretched, the dog pulling her hard. John smirked from behind her, his strides slow compared to her almost jog behind the German Shepherd. He was chuckling every time she’d whine out his name for help, only slowly his pace as Nolan continued dragging her down the street.

“Help me.” She squealed, the dog’s pace quickening and it barking when it saw another dog. “John, please.”

“Baby, you’re doing great,” He smirked when she glanced back at him, giggling. “Just y’know, keep doing what you’re doing.”

Before she got almost an entire block away, John jogged up to her, catching the leach and bringing the German Shepherd to a stop. “Nolan, buddy,” He patted the dog’s head, dragging his hand down its long back. “Take it easy.”

“You’re a jerk.” She swatted his chest after he got the dog to sit. “You said you’d walk him. You know he drags me.”

John chuckled, grabbing the leather leash from her wrist and holding it tight. “I’m sorry,” He mumbled between laughs, leaning in, “You’re just too cute when he’s dragging you.”

She glared. dodging his lips when he tried to kiss her. “This is your dog too, John. You know I can’t walk him on my own.”

“I’m sorry,” He tried again, his hand cupping her jaw this time, holding her still as he kissed her. “You’re right.” He mumbled against her lips, “He’s a big guy now.”

Tania smirked, kissing him back. He wrapped his free arm around her, the leach growing taunt. John continued kissing her, mumbling more apologizes about the walk and the dog. His hands touched her waist, sliding under the fabric of her top, fingers trailed the warm skin. “And I’m sorry he’s big and barks a lot.” John whispered, pulling away and dropping his head to his girlfriend’s neck. “But we love him.”

She giggled, “We do. Even if he’s big and barks a lot, and drags me and attacks Em and Ken’s corgi, and tries to eat me dinner and interrupts my homework.” She listed.

“Maybe we should of gotten a corgi too, huh?” John kissed the spot behind her ear causing her breath to hitch.

Tania only shook her head, about to speak when Nolan barked, begging to continue the walk then.
♠ ♠ ♠
January 22.