Reservoir

Babysitting Part 2.

The child ended up sleeping between them after he’d waken up screaming in his crib. Then he was forced to feed him while she made him breakfast. She spent the rest of the morning playing with him and Nolan outside in their small backyard, ignoring him. By the time his brother showed up, ready to pick the baby up, John had decided he was never having children.

John had collapsed into the couch while she stood in the foyer, talking to his brother about Jack’s stay. He listened her skip over the evening they had the night before where the boy was exceptionally difficult and going straight to the morning. It wasn’t until he heard the front door slam close and his girlfriend’s squeal, that she came back into the living room, diving into his lip and nuzzling into his neck. “I want one, John.” She squealed softly, “Did you see him with Nolan and at breakfast this morning? He was adorable.”

He sat up quickly, adjust her on his lip so he cold look her in the eyes to see how serious she was. “Want one?” He repeated, his lips turning downwards. “Please tell me you’re joking?”

Tania smirked, pressing a kiss to his lips. “He called my Tawny, John.” She cooed again, smiling at his frown. “It was so cute and just imagine being called Daddy and having a little one around her all the time. Oh my God, playing with Nolan and listen to us read to it. Oh my God.”

He groaned, pushing her away slightly as she continued shrieking about his nephew. They’d obviously had entirely different mornings. Any time he’d reach for her hand or lean in for a kiss, Jack would grab her attention and she’d leave him. He was feeling neglected, missing his girlfriend’s embrace. “You want one know?” He groaned out again, his hands trailing down her thighs on either side of him. “Because I really don’t think--”

“Oh god John, no way.” Hearing her say that made him exhale in relief, his hands moving with his breath. “I’m still in school. I barely have time to take care of Nolan. I could never have a kid right now.”

It was such a relief. He smiled, letting her peck kisses onto his lips as he dragged his hands up her legs again, stopping at her hip, playing with the thick fabric of her jeans. “I’m so glad you think that.” He smirked, letting her kiss him one more time before he twisted them around. She fell back onto her back, smirking up as he crawl over her, pressing his lips to any exposed skin her could find. “Because I’ve been feeling a little neglected.” He smirked, pulling her shirt over her head and kissing her lips.
♠ ♠ ♠
January 23.