Reservoir

Cooking.

Coming home to find John in the kitchen shocked her. First off, Tania didn’t even think John knew where the kitchen was and then, the poor boy barely knew how to work the microwave. Yet, he stood in front of the oven, hunched over a recipe book of hers, studying the words while stirring a pan on the stove. He obviously hadn’t noticed her early entrance, even when their puppy barked and rush to the door to greet her. Tania debated knocking him from the trance immediately, craving his welcome home hug and kiss after her stressful day of classes. However, when she saw the table set behind her, she decided to wait, letting her boyfriend continue in whatever plan he had devised.

After changing, Tania came back into the kitchen. He’d cursed a dozen times in the ten minutes she was gone, the words getting more and more profane as the time passed. She would giggle, thinking of him struggling more, the pot of water boiling over or the oven’s temperature set too low. When she made it back into the kitchen though, her laughing stopped as she saw her boyfriend sitting on the floor, his back resting against the cabinets and book dropped beside him.

“John?” She smirked, his eyes moving up at her voice. “What’s wrong, baby?”

His frown grew, his hand running through his hand in frustration. Tania hadn’t seen him so upset, his hands frantically looking for something to occupy themselves with. “I was, uh- trying to make you dinner, for once.”

Tania’s smile grew as she stepped closer to him. Silently, she pulled his hand from his hair as she lowered herself down into his lap. Her legs wound around his waist, crossing at the gap between his back and the wooden cabinet, arms slipping around his neck. He gave her a quick, soft kiss, his eyes filled with disappointment. His arms snaked around her, pulling her against his chest so his chin could rest atop her head.

“It’s okay, baby.” She whispered after a few minutes. “I’m not upset.”

He exhaled, pressing a kiss where his chin rest and then slipping his lips to her jaw, kissing the underside there. “I just wanted to surprise you.”

“And you did.” She chuckled softly, kissing him gently, “Trust me, I was shocked.”

John smiled, his hands slipping underneath the soft t-shirt she was wearing, brushing his rough palms across the bare skin around her spine. Using the position, he pulled her body into hers more then, connecting their lips longer this time until both’s breath was labored and she couldn’t help but tear away.

“That’s the last time I’m ever cooking,” He chuckled once his breathing was regain. Before she could reply he pulled her back in quickly. She squealed against his lips when he pushed their bodies up until he was on his knees and she was still coiled tight around him. John made one final, swift move, lower her back gently to the floor, so he was atop her without breaking the kissing.
♠ ♠ ♠
January 17, 2011