Reservoir

Cuddling.

It was movie night. They established the tradition back when they first started dating. Before John moved in, before they adopted their dog and cat, before they could really even touch without blushing. They still did it, even after 2 years in a relationship. Once a month, John would go out and get pizza, beer, and movies and they’d snuggled up together under a blanket and watch the movies.

He did it all. He picked up her favorite pizza from their favorite pizza place and grabbed a six-pack of the good beer, not wanting to make his girlfriend drink the cheap stuff leftover from the parties they threw. John got a few new releases, all of which she wanted to see and spoke to him about getting that morning.

She never called to tell him she’d be late. It wasn’t unusual for her to be, the job she had was demanding and she loved it too much to quit. So he sat on the couch, Aries resting in his lap and Nolan stretched out on the couch. He stared at the television, hoping she would be home soon. He loved movie night and getting to be close to her.

It wasn’t until he heard the front door click open, her heels clacking across the tiled foyer, heading to their bedroom. He rose, picking up the cat and setting it on the cushion, and walking into the bedroom to see his exhausted girlfriend.

“You alright baby?” He asked, stepping into the room as she frantically moved around, taking off articles of her work attire and hanging each up in the closet. He could see the heavy bags digging lines under her eyes. She groaned when she couldn’t get the shirt on the hanger, dropping it on the floor in frustration before twist around and slipping into one of his shirts.
“Rough day?” He asked again, trying to get her to attention again.

Tania only grunted, pulling the skirt off her hips and stepping into the sweats she wore the night before. There room was a mess, she didn’t have enough time to clean and he had been writing every day and night for the last month, leaving their room to be over taken in clothing and her textbooks. “Yes.” She grumbled, tossing some clothes into the closet. “My shitty boss made me work late after I told him I couldn’t and Jackie thinks she can just dump her damn shit all over me...”

John stepped further into the room, wrapping his arms around her and pulling her into a tight hug, interrupting her words. “Well it’s the weekend now.” She felt her smile and breath in his scent, “We can do whatever you want.”

When he retracted his arms, she gave him his a kiss, her lips moving slowly against him. “Sorry,” She whispered against his lips. “I didn’t mean to come home like that. I know that worries you.”

He shrugged, kissing her again until she broke it. “What do you wanna do--”

Before he could finish, she stepped away, grabbing the duvet from the floor and pulling it over their bed. Climbing him she shot him a look, laying down into the mattress and rolling over. “I wanna cuddle and I wanna sleep. But only if you’re sleeping with me.”

A soft smile stretched across John’s lips as he walked to the bed, kicking out of his jeans and pulling his t-shirt over his head. She wasted no time when he climbed in, pulling him over to her and wrapping his arms around her shoulders and her own around his waist, pulling herself so her head rested on his stomach. “I love you.” She mumbled into his skin, giving him a kiss there, "I'm sorry about movie night."

John shrugged, holding her tighter against his chest. "It's fine baby. We'll just do it tomorrow."

He felt her smiling into his flesh, kissing it again. "I love you," She breathed out before squeezing him tighter and fell asleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
meh.

January 24, 2011.