Reservoir

The Cabin.

“Why did you fucking invite him?” John mumbled, helping Kennedy pull the bags from the trunks of the cars. “You know I fucking hate him.”

They both watched him move around the other car, taking his own bag out. Kennedy chuckled, passing John the dark duffel bag and pushing the car trunk. “Because he’s been Em’s best friend since they were eight.” Kennedy sighed, stepping towards the door of the small cabin they were all sharing, “And it’s her birthday so I figured he deserved to come.”

“Well he’s also my girlfriend’s ex, Ken.” John groaned out as Kennedy pulled the screen door open and letting him enter first. “I feel like that’s more important than her best friend.”

Kennedy caught his shoulder, forcing John to turn around and face him. “Don’t ruin this, man, please. This fucking weekend took forever to plan and I’d really like Emily to enjoy it without your drama.”

It hurt a little, not only did Tania ignore the fact that boy taunted him, but his friend did too. John mustered up a weak smile as Kennedy waited for an acknowledgment. “Em’s birthday.” He repeated. “Gotcha Ken. It’s Em birthday. None of my drama.”

He sent John a tight mile before they continued inside, starting to set up for the event. As they spent the afternoon setting up for the party for her, Cameron stayed out of sight. The few times John asked Kennedy, he’d simply shrug, telling him he was off with Emily and was the one who was bringing her back to the party later. Tania stayed in the other room, setting up things Kennedy told her to. Later, while Kennedy made a quick grocery run, John slipped back into the room, a small smile on his face.

“I’m so tired.” He wrapped his arms around her waist and leaned into her back. “We should just…” He kissed her clavicle, dragging his lips up her neck… “go to bed.”

Tania giggled, brushing him away with a sigh. When he lifted his head up in reaction to her gesture, she spun around in his arms to face him. Before he could speak, she was pressing her lips to him, kissing him gently. He held her close, enjoying their brief minutes between the chores they were forced to do. He knew she was excited, she had helped Kennedy plan this for her friend, even acquiring her cousin’s cabin for the weekend for the group.

“I would, baby, but we gotta finish. Em’ll be here in a bit.” She mumbled against his lips.

“Cam’s bringing here at seven, and you know how easily distracted Ken gets at the store.”

John chuckled into her neck, pressing another seres of kisses into her skin. “I could distract you, baby.”

“As much as I’d love to, John, I gotta finish.” She smiled, pressing her palms to his torso and forcing him to take a step back. “But you can go rinse out those coolers and get ‘em ready for when Kennedy brings the ice.”

Nodding, he stepped away from her with a simple smile. “As you wish, m’dear.”



It had been a great party so far, at least for Emily. Kennedy had spent much of his time rushing around, insuring the plans were running smoothly while Tania kept the guests entertained. John had been fine with it at first with watching his girlfriend talking to all the guest, getting drinks and food as needed. However, once a few drinks were in his system and she wandered over to Cameron did his jaw tighten.

It felt like he stood there for hours, beer tight in his hands and a scowl on his face. He watched his girlfriend wander around with Cameron’s arm draped across her shoulders. There was little he could do about it as he knew Kennedy and Tania would get upset the moment he tried anything. The more the two drank, the more touchy Cameron would get, leaving John getting madder and madder.

Somehow, he kept himself fairly composed through most of the evening. He stood by as they got through the cake and gifts, smiles covering everyone’s faces. For the most part, John waited in the kitchen for his girlfriend to be ready for bed and the two could wander upstairs and leave the crowd. It was the only thing keeping him sane. Kennedy came in to check on him and John only shrugged when Kennedy asked, turning away from the guitarist completely.

John walked into the adjourning room at the wrong moment. He really didn’t even believe he saw it at first, but then he saw it again. Cameron’s hands dropped from Tania’s shoulder to the small of her back and he pulled her against his chest, giving her a hug that was more than friendly. He tried to contain himself but then the boy pressed a kiss to Tania’s cheek, crossing the line.

Punching him wasn’t the solution. But of course, that’s what John did. He practically ran across the room, ripping Tania from his grasp and hitting him in the jaw. He went to do it again but Tania pushed him away.

“John,” she pushed against him chest, “Stop it.”

He glanced at her once, giving her an intense glare, before reconnecting his attention to Cameron. Kennedy was standing a few steps away, Jared on the other side of the room waiting in case too. Her hands rested against his biceps as she kept him pressed against the wall as best she could. John knew if it were really worth it, he could push away from her and over to Cameron, taking care of the problem but John knew what she’d say and how long he’d be banished from their bed.

His shoulders loosened and he looked down at her, smiling. “I’m sorry.” He whispered, hands loosening from their tight fists. “I g-got outta hand there.”

“Go outside.” Her tone was sharp, eyes scolding him. “I’ll be out in a minute.”

Her eyes were filling with tears as she stepped away from him, turning back to Cameron for another moment. John’s head dropped in defeat as he turned away from the growing crowd, sending Kennedy an apologetic frown. He felt like a fool and everyone watched him come across as a pompous asshole.

Waiting on the deck was torture. He was sure Tania was the one to get Cameron ice and make sure he was okay first. All their friends would would be standing around in disbelief, wondering what had gotten into him and why he punched the friend. John cursed at himself and wished there was some way of undoing the past.

“John.” He whipped around as she stepped outside, pulling the screen door closed behind her. Tears were filling her eyes as she moved towards him. “How could you?”

“I w-wasn’t thinking, baby.” His arms extended out, attempting to hold her in them, but she only twisted away.

She wanted to hit him too. Tania was hurt and embarrassed for him. It wasn’t the fact that it was Cameron or Em’s birthday, it was the fact that he did it, that he punched someone over her. Some might be touched by the gesture but she wasn’t. He wasn’t a jealous brute. It was something she loved about him; his trust was charming.

“I’m sorry, Tania.” He mumbled, stepping closer. “I’m so sorry.”

When his arms wrapped around her and he pressed a kiss to her forehead she shuttered, letting a few tears fall in his embrace. It was what she needed. No matter who he punched or attacked, she couldn’t stop herself from letting him comfort her. He pressed a kiss to the top of her head, apologizing over and over for hitting him and embarrassing her. She could only sigh, wrapping her arms around his waist.

“Tania.” He whispered, kissing her shoulder. “Baby.”

She unburied herself from his chest, a few tears falling from her eyes. Her expression broke his hurt. John had never hurt Tania like that. He vowed never too. They loved each other too much to waste their time with jealousy and anger. Her eyes traced his face once and when he kissed her lips, she kissed him back.

“I’m sorry.” She breathed when he pulled away. “I’m so sorry, John.”

He could only smile at her, confused by her words. “Why, baby? You didn’t do anything wrong.”

“He taunts you.” She sighed, “You’re right. He really does.”

John smiled again, tightening his hold on her. “Good thing I punched him then, huh?”
♠ ♠ ♠
ughhhh, i'm sorry booski. I owe you better. this suckssssssssssss.
maybe I'll rewrite it eventually...I love the idea