Reservoir

Running.

“This is the stupidest New Years Resolution ever.” He groaned, breathing heavily, leaning over in pain.

She only rolled her eyes, sitting down on the bench for a few seconds and waiting for him to calm down. Her bottle of water was open and she took a few sips and waited, looking at John. “It’s not that bad.”

John sat down beside her, resting his arm on the bench’s back behind her. “Not that bad?” He gasped, stealing the water from her. “My legs are gonna be like jello tomorrow, baby? How am I supposed to stand on stage?”

She couldn’t bite back the laugh at the face he made. Sweat covers his brow and his chest still rose and fell at a rapid rate, his nostrils flaring for air. Even if it was only their first time going together, she never expected John to be so wimpy about it. He put it off the first two days, the first complaining of a headache and the second by distracting her with kisses and touches.

“C’mon,” She rose first, reaching for his arm and trying to pull him up. “We have another half-mile back to the car.”

He didn’t budge, looking up at her through his lashes. His arms snaked around her hips and he pulled her closer to him. “Please,” He begged, resting his head at her stomach, his sweaty soaking into her shirt and making her groan in disgust. “Don’t make me, baby. I’ll do anything.”

Laughing again, she ducked down, giving him a peck on the top of his head once. “Don’t you wanna be fit and trim, John?”

He shook his head, keeping her so close so she couldn’t get away and start running. She felt him mutter a no into her shirt. They both waited for the other to make some sort of move; Tania expecting him to let go so they could finish and John thinking she’d give if he held he long enough.

Finally, Tania twisted around in his tight grip, lower herself onto one of his knees. He didn’t hold her any looser, only sliding his arms up so they rested at her waist more comfortable. “Johnny,” She whispered into his neck. “C’mon.”

She pressed a kiss to his lips, her finger running down his chest. And he responded, kissing her back immediately and dropping his hand to her thigh.

Before he could try anything else, she should quickly, sticking out her tongue and running off to finish the trail.
♠ ♠ ♠
January 19, 2011.