Reservoir

Thunderstorm.

Their plans were ruined. They were going to meet up with all their friends at the park for a picnic, something her friends had been planning since the boys had gotten back the few weeks before. The rain was soaking the ground, the loud crack of thunder causing Nolan to hide under the living room table.

John hadn’t moved from the couch since they got the call from Tim telling them the plans would have to be postponed. He didn’t really want to go in the first place, but put on a smile to please his girlfriend. She stood in the foyer, leaning over the bench to watch the rain drench the neighborhood, a scowl on her face.

“Tania, baby, come in here.” She heard his voice echo through their new house.

She twisted towards the doorway back into the living room, letting out another disappointed sigh. John’s feet were already propped up on the coffee table, the remote in his hand as his eyes stayed glued to the television until she came into sight. He pressed down on the button, turning the TV off. “Baby, we’ll try again next week.”

“I know,” She mumbled, twisting her arms in front of her, “I was just looking forward to this.”

John only chuckled, reaching out for her arm and pulling her towards him. “Well baby, I can’t stop the rain.” He whispered, pulling her down beside him, bring his body close beside hers. “But I can still make sure you have fun tonight.”

“Oh really?” She asked, pushing him away when he’d tried to kiss him. “And how do you intend on doing that?”

John gave her a quick smirk, his body moving closer to hers again. “Well Tania,” He muttered, holding her still so he could finally press a kiss under her jaw, gliding his lips down her bare skin. “I happen to know something you love--”

Tania didn’t get a chance to respond before he was nibbling on the skin at her neck. She sighed, arching towards him to give him better access. His hand snaked around her, pushing up her shirt over her waist. She leaned into him when he went back to pressing series of kissing into her neck. John’s opposite hand pushed her shoulder gently until she rested in the arm rest. John’s lips connected to hers then and he repositioned himself to straddle over her, pulling the shirt off her quickly. Her hands pulled off his belt and shirt, the button of his jeans already opened and her fingers touching the elastic of his boxer when the loud crash of thunder startled her.

John only laughed, dropping his hands to the zipper on her skirt, not letting the noise interrupt them.
♠ ♠ ♠
January 21, 2011.