Status: finished

The Marauder Princess

The Marauder Princess {12}

Remus went flying away from me and hit the ground with a loud thud. I looked up to see that Raven was once more in her leopard form, and she was standing over me. She lowered hear head and gave a low growl and I knew she meant business. Remus shook his head, got up and growled back. Then once more they were locked in battle, fighting over my life. One to save it and the other to take it. Both were biting and clawing at the other hoping to get the better of the other.

Suddenly Remus was able to head butt Raven and she came flying back toward me. She landed on her feet just a few feet from me, and I could see her legs shaking. She was beginning to wear out, she’d lost a lot of blood and I knew she wouldn’t last much longer. Her coat was no longer white; it was a mixture of red from the blood and black from the dirt. She charged at Remus once more and slammed him hard with her paw throwing him sideways. After doing this Raven changed back into her human form, she stumbled backward and dropped to the ground. She was obviously exhausted and injured. I ran to her, pulled her head into my lap and cried out her name.

“Raven! Open your eyes!” I yelled, “Please Raven!”

The only response I got was a moan of pain from her. Tears weld up and fell from my eyes. They dripped from my face down onto Raven’s making her twitch slightly. I looked up when I heard snarling fear spiraled threw me seeing Remus advancing on the two of us. I hugged Raven to me, we were both going to die and it was my fault if only I had listened to Raven in the beginning! Then suddenly out of nowhere came another animal to join the fiasco.

An enormous black dog ran past me and attacked Remus. They started fighting. A few moments later a stag appeared and began helping the dog back Remus toward the Whomping Willow and away from us. When they neared the Whomping Willow it stopped moving and they back Remus into a hole at the base of it. I breathed a sigh of relief when they disappeared but then fear again went through me when Raven moaned once more in pain.

“Raven please be okay.” I whispered.

I looked up when I heard footsteps approaching, and the large black dog was there. My eyes widened.

“Get away!” I screamed.

My eyes widened even more when the dog disappeared and Sirius took its place. He smiled at me.

“Lily calm down it’s me.”

“Yeah you don’t have to be scared anymore.” James said as he changed from the stag to himself.

All I could do is stare at them, especially when Peter just appeared out of nowhere! Sirius stepped up to me and took Raven from me.

“We have to get her to the Hospital Wing.”

James pulled me up and we all started toward the castle, but stopped when Raven’s voice spoke.

“Don’t take me back to the castle.” She said weakly.

Sirius, James and I looked down at her like she was crazy. Her eyes were only open slightly and you could tell she was in pain.

“Raven you’re hurt bad and you’ve been bitten by a…”

“Sirius just put me down.” She ordered.

He looked at James who nodded. Sirius set her down on the ground reluctantly.

“In my right pocket is my wand, give it to me.”

Sirius did as she asked; he pulled out her wand and handed it to her. With the on arm she was able to use she place the tip of her wand to her throat and muttered something I wasn’t able to make out but the effect was clear, the wound on her neck disappeared! She did the same with her arm and other wounds.

She smiled up at us, “See who needs the Hospital Wing when I can heal myself.

She then stood up and looked around, then turned back to us.

“Where’s Remus?”

“He’s where he can’t hurt anyone.” James answered.

I could see fire in her eyes as she stepped up to him and grab his shirt pulling him down to look her in the eye.

“I said where is he.”

James swallowed and pointed to the Whomping Willow. “He’s in the Shrieking Shack.”
She stepped away from him, transformed and ran toward the Willow.

“She’s an animagus!” Sirius exclaimed.

We then made our way over to where Raven now sat.

“Why didn’t you tell me?” She asked to no one in particular.”

The boy’s looked away from her and didn’t answer her question. I sat down next to James as we waited for the sun to rise and Remus’ transformation time to be over. No one spoke the whole time and it was really kind of unnerving. Raven sat away from us, she never even looked at us the whole time.

(Remus’ P.O.V.)
I made my way out of the tunnel that I had to go through to get to Shrieking Shack. I looked at myself and couldn’t help but wonder how I had gotten all the wounds I had. Some of them I knew I couldn’t have given myself. As I came out I noticed five figures sitting just out of rang of the Whomping Willow’s branches. One was sitting away from the others.

As I got closer to them I could make out who they where and the memory came back to me of what had happened before I had transformed. I now saw who it was that sat away from the rest of them, it was Raven. Sadness and fear crept over me, had I bitten her or Lily? And now they both knew what I was. As I walked up to them all I could mange out was…

“Did I…”

“No, we’re both fine.” Lily said smiling at me.

“Speak for yourself.” I heard Raven’s voice say.

I winced as she said this; I heard Lily say something to Raven but didn’t know what. Why hadn’t I trusted her enough to tell her before this?

“Lets get back to the common room before someone finds out we’re gone.” James said.

He took my arm and pulled me toward the castle the others followed, Raven in the back.

“Don’t worry mate we’ll get this sorted out. Princess can’t stay mad long.”

“I doubt that.”

We quickly got back to the common room with out any misshapes. All of us, but Raven, dropped down into chairs exhausted. I hung my head, I had just lost one of the best friends I had and her and Lily now knew I was a werewolf.

“Remus I don’t care.” Lily said.

I gave her a half smile as I lifted up my head slightly. The next thing I knew Raven was towering over me with a glair on her face. I was actually quite scared by her at the moment I’d never seen her like this.

“I told you I would find out didn’t I? Why didn’t you tell me about this?” she said anger in her voice, “Do you realize you almost killed Lily tonight.”

“Raven knock it off. You’re making him feel worse then he already does.” James said.

“Shut it Prongs. You’re as much at fault as he is.”

“I didn’t tell you because I didn’t want to lose you as a friend.” I blurted out.

She knelt down so we were now eye level, “You should know I would never think any less of you for something you can’t control.”

“Same here.” Lily said now coming to stand next to James.

Raven now stood up and turned toward Lily.

“Look Lily I think it’s best this secret be kept between only the Marauders.”

“But I’m not a Marauder and don’t plan on becoming one.”

Raven nodded pulling out her wand. “And that’s why it’s best you don’t know about it.”

Lily took a shaky step back as Raven pointed her wand at her.

“Sorry Lily.” Raven said, “Obliviate!”

There was a flash of light, Lily fainted, and James caught her just before she hit the floor. We all stared at her as she put her wand back inside her robe.

“She won’t remember a thing about tonight.” Raven said looking down at Lily.

“How did you do that! Only older witches and wizards can do that type of spells.” Sirius said.

“I learned it back at home from my parents.” She said, “Their Death Eaters”

Our eyes all went wide with this knowledge, but she just shrugged her shoulders and moved toward Lily and James. James pulled Lily closer to him protectively, and Raven sighed.

“I might come from a family of Death Eaters but I’m not a monster.” She said.