Status: finished

The Marauder Princess

The Marauder Princess {6}

(1st week of October)
“What’s with them?” I asked Remus pointing at James and Sirius.

The two turned to me, both having grins on their faces. “Quidditch tryouts are today!”

“Really! Why didn’t anyway one say there were Quidditch teams here?”

James tilled his head to the side. “Didn’t know you were interested.”

“What! Me not interested! I played on a team back at my old school!”

At that information I thought James and Sirius’s eyes were going to pop out of their heads.

“You did! Are you going to try out for our team then?” asked an excited James.

“What positions do you have open?”

James seemed to think for a moment. “Keeper and two Chasers.”

“Then most definitely! I’m the Keeper type.” I said my own excitement getting the best of me.

“Great!” James said and hugged me.

I gave Remus a What-The-Heck look.

“He’s the captain.” He said.

“Ah. So that means he’s going to be more partial to give me the position.”

Sirius leaned over to me. “Actually no, you have to work extra hard.”

I raised an eyebrow. Normally friends would give positions to their friend before others if possible. I shrugged it off as we reached the table and sat down to eat breakfast. After a quick breakfast the five of us headed down to the Quidditch Pitch and got our brooms out. When James, Sirius and I had gotten our brooms, Remus and Peter didn’t play, there were nine people standing in the middle of the pitch waiting for us. As we grew near to them I recognized three of them. One was Blathy; one of the others was the girl that had the weird looking ears.

“I would quit looking at her ears if I was you. She’s beaten quite a few up for it.” Sirius whispered in my ear.

As he said that I received a glair from the girl who seemed to notice me looking at her ears. My eyes now moved over to another girl I had briefly meet on the train, I remember Remus saying her name was Kelly. She had her long brown hair still in a braid and a bat in her hand; it was only now that I noticed that so did the other girl. They must be the Beaters. As we arrived at the group Blathy waved to me and I waved back.

“Okay we’ll start by introducing those that are already on the team. I’m James Potter the Captain and Seeker.”

“I’m Sirius Black, Chaser.” Sirius said after James was done.

The girl with the pointed ears spoke up next. “Emily Hittlet, Beater”

I thought if very amusing she was a Beater with a name like HITtlet.

“Kelly Reineke, Beater as well” the tall brown eyed girl said.

Then James had the rest of us introduce ourselves, and then explained to us how the tryouts were going to go. We all mounted our brooms and kicked off the ground. The air rushed past me and I realize how much I missed playing. James had us do laps to see who was the fastest, which it so happens that it was a tie between Blathy and me. I could hear Remus and Peter cheering from below for me. After the laps we took the positions that we were trying out for. There were four others trying for Keeper besides me, and three trying for Chaser. A 3rd year boy was first to try out for the Keeper position. Sirius was a ways down the pitch talking with two of the three that were trying out, then after a few minutes they started down the field at the boy. Sirius and the black haired boy were really good but the girl keep dropping it as it was passed to her. When they went to make a goal the boy made the save and I clapped, he made three more after that before he missed one. While Sirius and the potential Chasers were flying around Emily and Kelly were hitting Bludgers at them which was quite fun to watch. Once Emily even hit Sirius with one!

“Watch where you’re hitting that thing Hittlet!” Sirius yelled as he rubbed his now obvious sore head.

“You should be quicker to get out of the way.” Emily said flashing Sirius a sweet smile.

I couldn’t help but laugh as I took my place to do my tryout. Emily seemed like she would be a lot of fun once you got to know her. Blathy now took the girl’s place in the Chasers. Once again Sirius talked with Blathy and the other boy for a moment and then started down the field at me. The three of them were in perfect sync! It was almost as if the three could read each other’s minds the way they passed the Quaffle back and forth. Once they got to me Sirius made what looked like a shot toward the left goal, but it was a fake! He actually went for the right! I did a quick flip catching the Quaffle, it almost falling out of my hands, I let go of the broom.

The only thing keeping me to my broom was my legs. I was hanging upside down with the Quaffle in my hands smiling at the Chasers. I tossed the Quaffle to Sirius who happened to be closest and swung myself upright taking hold of the broom once again with my hands. Blathy and Sirius were both smiling at me as they flew back down the pitch. I made six more saves before the boys could get one past me; they had some pretty good moves. The Bludgers were still flying at the Chasers from the girls; Emily sure did like to try to hit Sirius, which was very amusing.

Next a 2nd year girl took my place to try for Keeper. The poor girl missed every shot the guys threw, I felt really sorry for her. Another girl then tried and made four saves before missing, then last was a boy. He was really good! He made six saves, matching me.

“Okay to decide who will get the position we will give you each one more shot.” James said. “Towsley you’re up first.”

I nodded and took my place at the goal posts. Sirius was huddled with the two boys and then suddenly they came speeding at me! The black haired boy broke away and threw the Quaffle before I realize what was really going on. When I did realize, I swung around on my broom and hit the Quaffle with the tail of it making the save. I heard applause from bellow.

“Ok Lenox you’re up.”

I flew out of the way so the boy could take his turn. He moved in front of the posts and waited for the Chasers. They didn’t take the same tactic as they did with me. They took a slower approach. They flew around passing the Quaffle back and forth, until suddenly Blathy broke away and threw it toward the right ring. He lunged for it; he had it in his hand! But then it suddenly slipped from his hand and he cursed. Sirius dived and caught the Quaffle, James motioned for everyone to land, and we all head for the ground. After we had all landed James announced who had made the team.

“Before I tell you who’s on the team I want to say thanks for all who came to tryout.” He looked around as he said it. “This year’s team is myself as Seeker, Chasers: Sirius Black, Lee Henning, and Blalthazar..."

“Blathy!”

“Sorry, Blathy Elwood. Beaters: Emily Hittlet and Kelly Reineke. And our Keeper is Raven Towsley.”

Everyone that didn’t make it started leaving as Sirius and Blathy made their way toward me.

“Congrats on making the team!” Sirius said hugging me.

“Yeah way to go. Those were some smooth saves.”

“I have to agree.” Lee said as he joined us.

“Thanks guys.”

I was now tackled by James. “With you as our Keeper, those three” he pointed at Sirius, Lee, and Blathy, “As our Chasers we can’t lose this year!”

I laughed.

“He’s right you know.” Emily said as she now appeared with Kelly.

“Thanks, but I’m not that good.”

“Don’t be modest! You’re great.” Remus said as he walked up.

I blushed.

“Hey Raven want to come celebrate with me and some of my friends.” Blathy asked.

I looked toward the guys who were talking with Emily and Kelly. “I think the guys are going to want to do something.”

“Come on; why not hang out with someone other then them for once?”

“Because they are my best friends.”

“What are you doing here we have the pitch reserved.” A drawing voice interrupted mine and Blathy’s conversation.

All of us turned to see a bunch of people standing not far from us, at the head of them was none other then Lucius Malfoy. I glared at him. There were two others I recognized that stood next to him. One was a 7th year girl who had really curly brown hair and blue eyes named Lona Johnson. The other was Axl Fogle a 2nd year with a buzz cut and brown hair. I had met them both before and hated them as much as I did Malfoy.

“Take it easy we’re just leaving.” James said coldly.

“Well then get moving Mudblood lover.” Sneered Malfoy.

I was about to punch him, but Emily beat me to it. Her fist smacked into his face and quite hard too. Malfoy hit the ground with a thud, and you could see the blood start seeping from his nose.

“Take that Lucia! Never call us that again!” she yelled.

Next thing I knew it was an all out brawl! Gryffindor vs. Slytherin! Fists were flying everywhere and yelps of pain could be heard. I had Johnson down on the ground and was punching her as hard as I could and every inch of her I could get to. Emily, who apparently was a great fighter, had Axl in a headlock and was repeatedly hitting him in the stomach as hard as she possible could, James and Malfoy were hitting each other like there was no tomorrow! Peter, being a coward had run off when the fight started so Sirius was taking on a couple on by himself and wasn’t doing to bad. Remus and Kelly unfortunately weren’t too good of fighters; the two that they were trying to take on were beating them. That’s it! I kicked Lona away from me, grabbed my wand and then sent red sparks into the sky. The fights all ceased when they all saw the sparks, then we all saw teachers running toward us. Every one of us ended up getting detention for fighting.